Montreux Volley Masters 2013

• I just noticed that Milagros Cabral is team manager of Dominic Repucblic :heart: It is nice to see such experienced players are still helping the team after retirement.

By the way, question to Chinese users: why there are so many chances in Chinese roster comparing to the one which participate to youth world championship in 2011 ?( Xu Ruoya and Tang Ningya were the best players of that team, I also liked the libero Huang Liuyan who is also absent in the roster. Are those players will join the team later or any injury ?

• I just noticed that Milagros Cabral is team manager of Dominic Repucblic :heart: It is nice to see such experienced players are still helping the team after retirement.

Yes she is and she is Deputy Minister of sport in Dominican Republic also :)

By the way, question to Chinese users: why there are so many chances in Chinese roster comparing to the one which participate to youth world championship in 2011 ?( Xu Ruoya and Tang Ningya were the best players of that team, I also liked the libero Huang Liuyan who is also absent in the roster. Are those players will join the team later or any injury ?

I can answer your question. Xu Ruoya and Tang Ningya somehow was not in the list of Junior NT this year. All of a sudden, Junior NT was informed that they would attend Montreux volley Master and the headcoach Xu Jiande wanted to absorb Xu and Tang into the roster. However, for the preparation of China national sports tournament (or something like that, I don't know the exact name) the coach of Jiangsu did not agree to let go of them. As for huang Liuyan, because there is something wrong with the passport,she cannot go to Swiss and after the competition she will met with the team for 2013 youth championship. Personally, I pay special attention to Zhu Ting. I hope she would perform well.

• I can answer your question. Xu Ruoya and Tang Ningya somehow was not in the list of Junior NT this year. All of a sudden, Junior NT was informed that they would attend Montreux volley Master and the headcoach Xu Jiande wanted to absorb Xu and Tang into the roster. However, for the preparation of China national sports tournament (or something like that, I don't know the exact name) the coach of Jiangsu did not agree to let go of them. As for huang Liuyan, because there is something wrong with the passport,she cannot go to Swiss and after the competition she will met with the team for 2013 youth championship. Personally, I pay special attention to Zhu Ting. I hope she would perform well.

The libero's passport is denied due to her military identity. She's playing for the military team in China.

• That Russian roster looks almost totally different from the London Olympics. Guess that is what happens when you play a veteran team. Does Russia have a chance in this tournament? Is Russia going to lose at the World Championships next year? Do they have the players any more?

• [quote='Emurock',index.php?page=Thread&postID=215639#post215639]That Russian roster looks almost totally different from the London Olympics. Guess that is what happens when you play a veteran team. Does Russia have a chance in this tournament? Is Russia going to lose at the World Championships next year? Do they have the players any more?[/quoteThe new russian coach wants to try new players for this tournament..but later on some big names like kosheleva,natalia goncharova will play in more important tournaments like European championships and world grand prix :drink:

• That Russian roster looks almost totally different from the London Olympics. Guess that is what happens when you play a veteran team. Does Russia have a chance in this tournament? Is Russia going to lose at the World Championships next year? Do they have the players any more?

Gamova had said she would not play in NT this year, Sokolova on the other hand can help the team if she is needed in ECH.

About WCH next year, It's too early to guess about it. They've got a new coach and some young players...we first should see how everything goes. They have some promising players like Zaryazhko, Chaplina and Pasynkova...I expect to see them play well.

i guess this will be shown tomorrow, may 29, since asia is ahead of europe's time. :aww:

• My guess is that Brazil, Russia, DomRep and Italy will make it to the semifinals. China's juniors and Switzerland probably can't compete with Brazil and Russia, while the other pool is more interesting. I have no idea how strong the new Japan team is, and even though Italy is completely renewed, they won't have bad players in the team and should be able to beat Japan and Germany's new team. DomRep is the team with the most experienced players, but Brazil also has a pretty good roster. Russia has good players but it will depend on how they work out as team...

• :lol: How would I know? It depends on Guidetti's goals....last year in Grand Prix Denise always played and she is undoubtedly the better player, so if this is what counts, she must be starter.

Well, It's just a prediction :roll: