2013 World Grand Champions Cup for Women

• Dani Lins is injured and maybe won't be able to play. Ana Tiemi will probably get a chance.
    Carol is deserving more than Letícia Hage since last season. It's nice Tandara and Natália back. Gabi needs a rest, a nap at least.
    Thaisa is also recovering from a knee tendinitis.

I'm afraid Sakoda is only a name in the japanese list. I wanna her back as soon as possible. Japan is more competitive with her.

Larson would be great to USA. I want to see her in the final roster.

• Dani Lins is injured and maybe won't be able to play. Ana Tiemi will probably get a chance.

That explains why Ana Tiemi is on list ^^ I didn't know that Dani is injured. And I also want to see Carol in NT, pity that she isn't even on wide list :(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I think there can be time for Dani Lins to come back, let's wait and see...if she doesn't come back, Claudinha will be on the final roster. Ana Tiemi is only the 4th choice in this position.
    Ana Carol is good but she really shined at the clubs' world tournament, so I think there wasn't much time for Zé Roberto to call her in time to make it to any list. And I guess Adenízia will be out before the WCH. Ana Bia and Ana Carol are better than her, even Jucy is better but the problem is that she is "old".

• About Russia, Zaryazhko still hasn't returned on court in Uralochka, so probably she's still recovering from her injury. It's still 3 weeks to go until WGCC, but Dianskaya is performing very well in Krasnodar at the moment, so it might be safer to take her instead. I suppose Morozova and Shlyakhovaya will be main MBs anyway...

• Ana Carol is good but she really shined at the clubs' world tournament, so I think there wasn't much time for Zé Roberto to call her in time to make it to any list.

In fact, she has played well the whole season, not only now. I remember being very impressed with her. She's got 3rd in killing blocks last Superleague, only behind Juciely and Bia.:win:
    Letícia is talented, but her last performances didn't pay off.

• I think there can be time for Dani Lins to come back, let's wait and see...if she doesn't come back, Claudinha will be on the final roster. Ana Tiemi is only the 4th choice in this position.
    Ana Carol is good but she really shined at the clubs' world tournament, so I think there wasn't much time for Zé Roberto to call her in time to make it to any list. And I guess Adenízia will be out before the WCH. Ana Bia and Ana Carol are better than her, even Jucy is better but the problem is that she is "old".

i absolutely agree. no offense to adenizia but although she's a really good MB (especially last '12), these days she's doing nothing but scream on court and boss the outsider hitters on what to do. :wacko: my ears bleed because of her countless "segundas" whenever she's on front-line.

i do hope ze roberto will call bia and/or carol. but then again, knowing ze roberto................ :wall:

• i absolutely agree. no offense to adenizia but although she's a really good MB (especially last '12), these days she's doing nothing but scream on court and boss the outsider hitters on what to do. :wacko: my ears bleed because of her countless "segundas" whenever she's on front-line.

i do hope ze roberto will call bia and/or carol. but then again, knowing ze roberto................ :wall:

I hate when she screams "eeeeeeeeeeeeu". OMG, that's terrible.

• Can you explain to me why she screams 'secundas'.. I understand very little Portugese but i know that means second.. like second ball or?! And eu means I right? :)

Yes, you're right. When she screams "segunda" is when she wants her team mates to pay attention to the other team's setter's second balls! This is very common among brazilian players, I don't know about the rest of the world...
    And "eeeeeeeeu" is like she is screaming "meeeeeeee" so that the setter be aware that she is expecting to attack the ball :rolll: :rolll:
    She does that ALL THE TIME! I hate it haha

• Yes, you're right. When she screams "segunda" is when she wants her team mates to pay attention to the other team's setter's second balls! This is very common among brazilian players, I don't know about the rest of the world...
    And "eeeeeeeeu" is like she is screaming "meeeeeeee" so that the setter be aware that she is expecting to attack the ball :rolll: :rolll:
    She does that ALL THE TIME! I hate it haha

Mm interesting.. I didn't know that. I know Fabi screams eu when she passes or she sets.. that's very common in other countries too.
    About segunda, not so much.. I know Americans say 'all three' which I think means there are 3 attackers front line.. when setter is in front they just say setter in front.. But interesting to hear this about Adenizia

• Carol Gattaz and Walewska were added to the list on FIVB website... Jucy and Gabi were removed from the list.

• Carol Gattaz and Walewska were added to the list on FIVB website... Jucy and Gabi were removed from the list.

I haven't seen Walewska in NT after OG, Gattaz was used last time also long time ago... despite both are old I won't see them both in Japan. WGCC is only commercial tournament and now when Thaisa is injured, there is a place for 3rd MB open. Fabiana is an obvious first choice, but rest places are open ^^

• I haven't seen Walewska in NT after OG, Gattaz was used last time also long time ago... despite both are old I won't see them both in Japan. WGCC is only commercial tournament and now when Thaisa is injured, there is a place for 3rd MB open. Fabiana is an obvious first choice, but rest places are open ^^

Zé Roberto will choose the three girls who will replace Juciely, Thaísa and Gabi tomorrow. I think Gattaz may have a chance, since Ana Bia is still recovering from her injury...

• It would be great to see Walewska in the NT one more time... :obey:

• I'll keep updating rosters from THIS POST

• With so many good players out, this WGCC is really hard to forecast. I guess the winner will be the team in the best shape at the time. Looking at the rosters, I see no favourites.
    Brazil and USA on first day comes up as a key match in my opinion.

Brazilian MBs are still to be announced.

• As announced by their German club team, Jenna Hagglund and Tamari Miyashiro will play for USA in WGCC.

Same for Kim Hill (announced by Atom few days ago).