2013 FIVB U23 World Championship - Mexico - 05/10

• Italians won 3-0 (25-13 26-24 25-22) against Brazil and they'll fight with Turkey tomorrow.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• China3:0Japan。 27:25,26:24,25:13. in this match, china's defense is even better than japan's, most impressive

• 7th Place:
    Germany - Brazil 1-3 (20-25 17-25 25-20 15-25)

5th Place:
    Turkey - Italy 3-0 (25-17 25-20 25-22)

In an hour starts bronze medal match Japan - United States. If it ends 3-0 or 3-1, in 3 hours without significant delays should start final China - Dominican Republic.

• gold medal match is finished...
    China beat DR in straight sets of 3-0 (25-21, 25-20, 26-24)

Chinese Oh Liu Yanhan and Mb Zhang Xiaoya scored 17 pts respectively topping the both sides.

Liu Yanhan probably will be the MVP...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• All Star Line-ups
    Setter: Yao Di (China)
    Outside Hitters: Brayelin Martinez (Dominican Republic), Sarina Koga (Japan)
    Middle Blockers: Yang Zhou (China), Zhang Xiaoya (China)
    Opposite: Jeoselyna Rodriguez (Dominican Republic)
    Libero: Brenda Castillo (Dominican Republic)

Most Valuable Player: Yao Di (China)

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Dominicanito mean VolleyMaster may I please CHN-DOM video please, really.

Brenda Best Libero? Is She still U23? How is it possible?

• :lol: the video!

Believe it or not, Mrs Castillo is 21 years old. So if FIVB wants to organize a U25 WCH in 2015, she could play :gone:

Congratulations to China! Without Zhu Ting, they rocked. The final was yesterday, against the other unbeaten team.

Brayelin Martinez was also very impressed! Great future for her :obey:

• China reached a perfect record: champion at U18, U20 and U23 :obey: even without Hui Ruoqi and Zhu Ting :win:

• Believe it or not, Mrs Castillo is 21 years old. So if FIVB wants to organize a U25 WCH in 2015, she could play :gone:

No, she's not. During Junior WCH 2011, Peruvian journalists found documents that showed that she's actually born in 1989, not in 1992...but with Cristobal Marte being so powerful in FIVB, of course DOM federation can manipulate player ages however they want :down:

• No, she's not. During Junior WCH 2011, Peruvian journalists found documents that showed that she's actually born in 1989, not in 1992...but with Cristobal Marte being so powerful in FIVB, of course DOM federation can manipulate player ages however they want :down:

Any gues about Brayelin Martinez's age? :whistle:

• Any gues about Brayelin Martinez's age? :whistle:

It can be her real age, as far as I know she didn't play in junior NT before 2010, though her height is definitely striking.

I checked DOM junior NT from 2009 U-20 WCH and there were: Dominguez, Rodriguez, Moreno, Fersola, Arias, Castillo, Binet.
    Rest were Niverka Marte, Lisvel Eve, Marifranchi Rodriguez, Yeniffer Calcano and Marisol Concepcion. Current U-23 team can strengthen only Eve, but she's injured. Marte is already 23 and MB Rodriguez is much weaker than Fersola and Arias.
    Yonkaira Pena was then only at U-18 WCH - Fersola, Binet and Arias also played there.

• No, she's not. During Junior WCH 2011, Peruvian journalists found documents that showed that she's actually born in 1989, not in 1992...but with Cristobal Marte being so powerful in FIVB, of course DOM federation can manipulate player ages however they want :down:

I was ironic :) I read a lot about these documents during the WCH 2011 and I have seen personally Castillo, and she doesnt look like a teenager. It´s a pity, because all these complaints are against the head of the dominican federation, not their fans, who arent the guilty. This isnt something against Castillo (who is a wonderful libero).

Many dominicans or DR fans will say there arent proves against Castillo. However, the fact there are more than 15 complaints and 3 cases PROVED, that stains their reputation and any new case will be taken like shady.

There are the cases of Sidarka Nunez and Cindy Rondon. BOTH proved and punished.
    For example there are complains during the NORCECA JWCH 05, NORCECA YCH 02, YWCH 01 and in WCH Japan 2006.
    And the pearl was when Carmen Caso played with the name of her sister (SIX YEARS YOUNGER) in YWCH Croatia 2001 and JWCH in Santo Domingo 01.

Sorry for the off topic.

• I also admire Castillo as player, it's not her fault what DOM fed does with players...

There are more cases, if I had more time I'd look up FIVB site to check rosters of previous youth/junior tournaments. I did that in the past when the story about Castillo came up, and in addition to the ones you mentioned, Prisilla Rivera (born in 1984) played in Junior tournaments registered as born in 1987, and Annerys Vargas as 1982 instead of 1981. And as you said, Carmen Caso (1981) played also in 2004 OG as Alexandra Caso (1987) :aww:

• I also heard something not only about Castillo, but also about Nunez and Caso (in some FIVB rosters we have "Alexandra Caso Sierra" and photo of Carmen :whistle: ), but it's the first time I hear about age manipulations also in Rondon's case :what:

• I also heard something not only about Castillo, but also about Nunez and Caso (in some FIVB rosters we have "Alexandra Caso Sierra" and photo of Carmen :whistle: ), but it's the first time I hear about age manipulations also in Rondon's case :what:

I wrote about her two years ago too. If you check her profile on Lega Volley site, you can see that when she played in Italy, she was still officially born in 1988, but by now her birth date in FIVB events (e.g. here) has changed to 1987 :whistle:

• Like I said, the PROVED and PUNISHED cases were Rondón and Sidarka Nuñez. Also, the doping case of Evelin Carrera in Japan WCH 06. But the doctor was the punished. All these were cases with a lot of documents and proved. So, anyone could say they´re fake.

The other players are only suspicious. Between them, Castillo.

Ruth Esther Reyes, Cindy Carolina Rondón, Gina Altagracia Mambrú, Bethania de la Cruz, Ana Esther Lara, Dahiana Burgos, Sidarka Nunez, Rosa Medrano and Brenda Castillo.

There are more cases, but of not famous players, during the JYCH in Pula, Croatia 2001. And well, also in JWCH Santo Domingo 01.

And about the Caso Sierra issue, once her sister, SIX YEARS YOUNGER, turned 19, Carmen Case got again her real identity. And without playing any previous tournment before, she played the GP 06. Whe she was 25.

• I don't think that in such cases the players should be considered as "innocent" (i suppose, they all know their real age). They could say "no", especially those earning good money in club-volleyball. It's cheating, like doping.

• I don't think that in such cases the players should be considered as "innocent" (i suppose, they all know their real age). They could say "no", especially those earning good money in club-volleyball. It's cheating, like doping.

The problem is that federation decides who is allowed to earn good money in club volleyball, and I'm pretty sure a fairly large amount of that money goes to the federation and not to the players. And why would players want to say no? What is the reason to manipulate players' ages? Very simple: to make them eligible to play Junior tournaments for two or even four more years. For example Castillo, born in 1989, would have been done with Junior age in 2007, but by changing her birth date, she could play until 2011. And why do they do it? Because many players are not yet on the level to compete in Senior NT directly after Junior age, and a country like DOM that doesn't really have an own domestic league needs to find a solution for these players. So, they play Junior tournaments much longer than they actually should, they can improve their level and also start playing with Senior NT. Take Castillo again, in 2007 she obviously wasn't good enough yet to really help Senior NT, so what would she have done if she had been finished with Junior age then? By playing Junior tournaments for a few more years, she got many chances to keep improving as player and become as good as she is. So of course she would not say no when the federation decides to make her younger to give her more time to develop as player....but I'm really not sure who should be punished in such cases, federation or players...because in the end, players are slaves of the federation and I don't think they would really have a chance to say no.