Turkey - Acıbadem First League 2013/14

• The results
    Stats Galatasaray Daikin 1-3 Eczacibasi Vitra (20-25; 25-22; 17-25; 15-25)
    Eczacibasi was playing this match and thinking about next saturday F4, but they get the 3 points. Sorry but Galatasaray is a weak team, i won't be surprised if Bursa
    or Ilbank defeat them in the playoff. Barbolini :down:
    Stats Canakkale 0-3 Fenerbahce (16-25; 16-25; 13-25)
    Seda played instead of Aneta, she scored 17 points (72%) , Alisha also started today. Garay 18 points, she is improving her attack week after week :box: .
    I think Kim need a rest before the playoff and the Cev Cup final, but Abbondanza know what's better for his team.

• Usic again with good game, though she had 7 reception errors, but she received 38 times, while all others only 31 times. Neriman had weak game and I don'ty understand why Barbolini counts on Lo Bianco so often. Now she lost most of her fineness and precision. Stefana should be on court, the only problem with her that she's fragile like she was made of china :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• After the Eczacıbaşı - Galatasaray match, how teams qualify for the CL or which teams will go to CL ? The answer should be like this:

- If VakıfBank and Fenerbahçe plays the final Eczacıbaşı will go to CL as 3rd team. (VAK, FB, ECZ)
    - If VakıfBank and Eczacıbaşı plays the final, Fenerbahçe will go to CL as 3rd team. (VAK,ECZ,FB)
    - If Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray plays the final, VakıfBank will go to CL as 3rd team. (FB, GS, VAK)
    - If Eczacıbaşı and Galatasaray plays the final, VakıfBank will go to CL as 3rd team. (ECZ, GS, VAK)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Galatasaray's transfers during last summer were simply shits. How could one team playing in CL transfer only those overrated players? Lo bianco simply has no energy to play as good as shed used to be like 5 years ago. Barbollini never gives a shit about her current shape. Rabadzhieva and Saori are extremely overrated, Veljkovic hardly gets a chance to play in the domestic league. Ozsoy is not sort of a player that can possibly lead a team. She's perhaps a great helper when she has better leaders around herself, but the role she gets now never suits on her.

The only team who made SUCCESSFUL transfers in Turkey is obviously Fenerbahce, the others not.

• Again Kim needs to rest for the next 2 matches or if not completely rest play only 1 set in each match to be ready for the final and the playoffs, after fb wins their next match they are guaranteed anyway of the number 2 spot since they will get 60.5 pts vs. 54.5 pts from the other team and with only 1 match remaining a 6 pt advantage won't be chased anyway giving them a home court advantage in the semis.

I don't think velkjovic will be of much help if you still have faulty receptions she won't be utilized much

• Usic again with good game, though she had 7 reception errors, but she received 38 times, while all others only 31 times. Neriman had weak game and I don'ty understand why Barbolini counts on Lo Bianco so often. Now she lost most of her fineness and precision. Stefana should be on court, the only problem with her that she's fragile like she was made of china :whistle:

Lol! Loved that comment! :lol:
    Barbolini is blind when it comes to Leo. He does not even consider Montano & Veljkovic duo instead of Leo & Saori. If he plays with the same 6 in the playoffs, I will claim that he is a traitor.

• After the Eczacıbaşı - Galatasaray match, how teams qualify for the CL or which teams will go to CL ? The answer should be like this:

- If VakıfBank and Fenerbahçe plays the final Eczacıbaşı will go to CL as 3rd team. (VAK, FB, ECZ)
    - If VakıfBank and Eczacıbaşı plays the final, Fenerbahçe will go to CL as 3rd team. (VAK,ECZ,FB)
    - If Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray plays the final, VakıfBank will go to CL as 3rd team. (FB, GS, VAK)
    - If Eczacıbaşı and Galatasaray plays the final, VakıfBank will go to CL as 3rd team. (ECZ, GS, VAK)

Thanks a lot Burak! I don't think GsD has a chance anymore to qualify to CL. Not because I'm a fan of GsD but I would rather prefer a 4th Turkish team in CL with a wildcard than a regular team.

• Galatasaray's transfers during last summer were simply shits. How could one team playing in CL transfer only those overrated players? Lo bianco simply has no energy to play as good as shed used to be like 5 years ago. Barbollini never gives a shit about her current shape. Rabadzhieva and Saori are extremely overrated, Veljkovic hardly gets a chance to play in the domestic league. Ozsoy is not sort of a player that can possibly lead a team. She's perhaps a great helper when she has better leaders around herself, but the role she gets now never suits on her.

The only team who made SUCCESSFUL transfers in Turkey is obviously Fenerbahce, the others not.

The transfers were so obvious: find someone instead of Calderon = Montano, find someone better than Molnar = Saori. However I prefer Molnar to Saori at the moment. I know we did not have much chance to watch her in Vakifbank last season, but clearly Guidetti had a good reason and what sort of scout staff GsD has? Could not they learn better about a player playing in Istanbul before they transferred her? Moreover why tranfer such a libero? I think it's a shame that Montano & Neriman are in the same team with such a libero and Veljkovic is not even a starter! There is one thing clear, Galatasaray is probably aiming for a mediocre, young team for next seasons otherwise they would transfer Fe Garay not Saori as an OH.

Btw hope we see Thaisa Menezes next season in Turkey talking of Fe Garay! :super:

• Veljkoviç is still injured, that's why she is not in the roster. About Saori, I and many other users express our feelings about how stupid transfer this is. However, GS scout seems to prefer to listen ErolGarip's fantastic ideas :whistle: An asian player would be the worse choice for covering other offensive OH since they never had to do that during their development in Asia. GS had to transfer someone like Marcon or Esra in order to stabilize their reception

• Veljkoviç is still injured, that's why she is not in the roster. About Saori, I and many other users express our feelings about how stupid transfer this is. However, GS scout seems to prefer to listen ErolGarip's fantastic ideas :whistle: An asian player would be the worse choice for covering other offensive OH since they never had to do that during their development in Asia. GS had to transfer someone like Marcon or Esra in order to stabilize their reception

Unless you are a Zhu Ting or a Kim Yeon-Koung :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Unless you are a Zhu Ting or a Kim Yeon-Koung :lol: :lol: :lol:

These two are already offensive OHs so they are not covering someone, instead, they are generally covered at reception ;)

• I think the main misunderstanding with Saori is that she is not a defensive OH in Japanese NT. She has been the best scorer of the team many times, so although Japanese NT is popular with defensive, fast game; Saori is the offensive OH of the team. I think both Vakifbank and GsD risked it when they thought that a Japanese offensive OH is still better than any other European defensive OHs in defense and they both failed.

• Well I agree with Serdar that expecting Saori to cover the court in reception for Gala is not so smart, because as he said she is not used doing that.. In Japan NT and other teams she played there are always 3 receivers and she does not cover court for somebody else.. Talking about Gala they should've hire somebody else who is a great passer... About Saori, I personally don't think she is a disappointment these 2 years playing in Turkey.. When she was playing for Vakif it was her first year, she was not used very much.. Guidetti didn't like his own choice.. This year for Galastasaray they are having a very bad passing team, bad choice of players and also bad starting 6.. So when passing is bad she can't get fast balls like she likes and like she can hit... I think Turkish fans are too hard on her..

• Well I agree with Serdar that expecting Saori to cover the court in reception for Gala is not so smart, because as he said she is not used doing that.. In Japan NT and other teams she played there are always 3 receivers and she does not cover court for somebody else.. Talking about Gala they should've hire somebody else who is a great passer... About Saori, I personally don't think she is a disappointment these 2 years playing in Turkey.. When she was playing for Vakif it was her first year, she was not used very much.. Guidetti didn't like his own choice.. This year for Galastasaray they are having a very bad passing team, bad choice of players and also bad starting 6.. So when passing is bad she can't get fast balls like she likes and like she can hit... I think Turkish fans are too hard on her..

I agree that in my earlier comments I was quite hard on her and you are right, I would blame Barbolini and managers of the team for such a failure. Because if you have Saori, you need an all around OH and a setter capable of fast sets. I would rather transfer Glass or Hanke to GsD if they really wanted Saori in the team. Leo is not capable of that. But on the other hand, when you look at Vakifbank, they have a player like Costagrande who is a better OH than Saori in my opinion and they also have a good all around OH like Gözde and they are having troubles. They were a much better team with Glinka who could not receive well but could attack. So I'm curious whether having another good passer like Gözde would help and my answer is NO.

• Brakocevic was more decisive last year, aydemir was a better blocker last year, furst was a more dealy spiker last year that's why they dominated, if 2011 then yes glinka was the star but in 2013 the big 3+1 was brako-gozde-furst-naz

• Brakocevic was more decisive last year, aydemir was a better blocker last year, furst was a more dealy spiker last year that's why they dominated, if 2011 then yes glinka was the star but in 2013 the big 3+1 was brako-gozde-furst-naz

Brakocevic was more decisive last year, aydemir was a better blocker last year, furst was a more dealy spiker last year that's why they dominated, if 2011 then yes glinka was the star but in 2013 the big 3+1 was brako-gozde-furst-naz

I agree with iceman, last year Glinka was not thr crucial player. Furst was way more scorer and Brakocevic has almost perfect season with consistently very good performance. She is underperforming after her injury. Also the reason why Vakifbank seems to be worse team than previous year is simply that opponents are more powerful than previous year :whistle: