Italy - Serie A1 2013/2014

• Alex Ferreira is a great server overall, I doubt it has anything to do with Serniotti or anyone else. I don't know how Sokolov did, I hope he finds his serve as soon as possible, looks to me more of a personal issue. Let's once and for all cease the Stoychev discussion, it is ridiculous.

Do you, guys, have stats from the game? I can't find the numbers anywhere.

• Congrats to Trento.. I cheered for them!! :super: even if it is Too early I have to say I like this team and Its fighting spirit!! Macerata still have to find lots of connection.

• I thinks is extremely obvious who is the coach who prepares the element of the game and who are the coaches which are stronger tactically. Stoychev is the man who created the serving and spiking machine Trentino and you can see that this is the system, not so much the players. You all saw Kaziyski and Juantorena's evolution in that team, Nikolov and Stokr's improvement. now you see Lanza and soon - Sokolov.

• I thinks is extremely obvious who is the coach who prepares the element of the game and who are the coaches which are stronger tactically. Stoychev is the man who created the serving and spiking machine Trentino and you can see that this is the system, not so much the players. You all saw Kaziyski and Juantorena's evolution in that team, Nikolov and Stokr's improvement. now you see Lanza and soon - Sokolov.

So many wrong statements in a single post! Let me sort them out:

1. If Trentino is a serve and spike machine, it IS because of the players he bought. Just like Belogorie is a serve and spike machine because of the monster creatures they have over there. It didn't always use to be the case.
    2. Kaziyski and Juantorena were world-class players already. In Trentino they grew in terms of self-confidence, reception (mainly Juantorena), winning mentality and leadership. They could serve efficiently prior to coming to Trentino. Of course, Stoychev has influenced Matey's game positively, but this is because he has worked with him throughout his ENTIRE career, not only in Italy.
    3. Nikolov didn't grow in Trentino, he became a star opposite in Tours. He just helped Trentino, I doubt he grew so much with Stoychev for a year only. I'd rather mention Serniotti, Prandi and Giuliani here, he spent more time with them.
    4. Sokolov has a strong serve, but he has no consistency. Nothing that Stoychev, Placi, Piazza or anyone has influenced or changed. Way too early to judge. Sokolov was a susbstitute in Stoychev's Trentino, pracices are not nearly enough to help him develop. I don't even know why mention him and Lanza, they were subs. Besides, Lanza was a reception substitution, I don't remember him serve when he didn't start (it was rare for him to start in the first six).

The only thing I will give you is Stokr. He became a real opposite in Trentino. Before that he only had potential and played in mediocre teams.

• Piacenza beated by Città di Castello!! :white: what a surprise!

good match between Cuneo and Perugia, at the end too many serve mistakes by Cuneo in the crucial moments and Perugia managed to win this looooong fight! I want to see Cuneo with Coscione, their setter who has a really quick and precise ball. Still a lot to work for both teams, but Atanasijevic and Rauwerdink were really positive!

here all the stats: http://www.legavolley.it/Calen…nno=2013&IdCampionato=592

• Piacenza beated by Città di Castello!! :white: what a surprise!

good match between Cuneo and Perugia, at the end too many serve mistakes by Cuneo in the crucial moments and Perugia managed to win this looooong fight! I want to see Cuneo with Coscione, their setter who has a really quick and precise ball. Still a lot to work for both teams, but Atanasijevic and Rauwerdink were really positive!

here all the stats: http://www.legavolley.it/Calen…nno=2013&IdCampionato=592

Great game by Van Walle: 31 points (4 blocks, 2 aces).
    Rouzier scores 48% in attack, but commits 5 errors and 7 blocked attacks in 48 attempts. That's a recurring theme in his stats: way too many errors.

• De Pandis was amazing as usual. Best italian libero. No more words. 79% positive and 57% perfect against Perugia, who has very strong servers like Atanasijevic, Petric, Cupkovic and Vujevic.

• Terrible news coming from Perugia: Goran Vujevic's son, Stefan, passed away this night. He was just 5 years old. ;(

No infos about the reason of the death. It is just terrible. Last monday when there was the team presentation I was there and Goran obviously was there too with his two sons. They played the whole time with the serbians' girlfriends. One of the children even came to me just say "hello", smiling. It is just terrible. I'm almost crying...

Forza Capitano!

• Terrible news coming from Perugia: Goran Vujevic's son, Stefan, passed away this night. He was just 5 years old. ;(

No infos about the reason of the death. It is just terrible. Last monday when there was the team presentation I was there and Goran obviously was there too with his two sons. They played the whole time with the serbians' girlfriends. One of the children even came to me just say "hello", smiling. It is just terrible. I'm almost crying...

Forza Capitano!

Don't know what's goin' on in this world. I just read about it on s-w-o.pl ;( No words can describe the feeling in the heart twisting of despair.

• No words can describe the feeling in the heart twisting of despair.

Don't know what's goin' on in this world. I just read about it on s-w-o.pl ;( No words can describe the feeling in the heart twisting of despair.

right...no words can decribe this tragedy! all we can do is to hug Goran and his family!

• Yesterday I saw the match between Perugia and Modena. I was at PalaEvangelisti, it was a pleasure to watch. Both teams are very similar: a dominant opposite, and OH who more spiker than receiver and the other who balanced it, Mbs from both teams are more spiker than blocker, good liberos from both sides (but I never saw Manià perform like yesterday in NT).

Opposites dominated the game. Bartman on fire in the first and Atanasijevic not really in the match: 1-0 Modena
    Atanasijevic growing and Bartman losing his mind 2-1 Perugia
    Again Bartman playing like a monstear and Atanasijevic ghost in the set 2-2

During the tie break Perugia who thanks to the bench. Cupkovic! :obey: This guys is really brilliant, he came in and everytime shows very good things. He came in and scored, then i went to back row on service and made the difference even without any aces. And at the end of the match he was really fun in his celebretion with his public.

We very lucky to have a bench with people like Paolucci (very expereinced setter), Cupkovic, Della Lunga, Semenzato, Fanuli (who used to be main libero in Vibo Valentia and was very good), the only young guy is Della Corte, who made really well in A2.

• finally nearly after one year Verona won!! And over Cuneo: 3-1! what a game by Zingel, 8 blocks!! I think we still have to find the best game and the best connection with the setter, and the best Gasparini, but at least 3 points arrived. go boys, keep on working hard!!! :super: :super:

• [/size]

• Città di Castello - Verona will start in a few minutes

http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/dir…f7-bd50-ebf161d164fc.html (I think that this stream will not work outside Italy)
    http://217.175.53.72/index.htm…ing&affiliate=GM_00008797

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Città di Castello - Verona will start in a few minutes

http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/dir…f7-bd50-ebf161d164fc.html (I think that this stream will not work outside Italy)
    http://217.175.53.72/index.htm…ing&affiliate=GM_00008797

Zingel :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey:
    actually the two australian guys are rocking!! keep on like this!! :box:

• What a match between Modena and Piacenza! Piacenza just won the fourth set by 32-30 and now it's 2-2.

Piacenza wins fifth set as well. Happy to see, that Kaliberda obviously had a very good match :thumbup: . 78 % in attack and 73%/38% on reception while receiving most of the balls. That looks good. Has anyone seen the match and can tell me about Kampa's performance?

stats: http://www.legavolley.it/TabellinoGara.asp?IdGara=26157