Friendly NT Matches

• In Brazil there is this saying: "Em terra de cego, quem tem um olho é rei". The translation of it into English is something like: "Among blind people, the one-eyed person is the king".

Hehe. I just loved this proverb. I'm gonna keep that in mind.

• Then you should see the movie called "Blindness" :)

Oh I will. Seems to be a good one. Thanks for your suggestion. Sorry for off-topic.

• On 13 October German NT will play a match against an Allstar team of German league, elected by fans. The Allstar team will be:

Setters: Mareen Apitz (Dresdner SC), Nadja Jenzewski (Rote Raben Vilsbiburg)
    Opposites: Saskia Radzuweit (VT Aurubis Hamburg), Kristin Kasperski (USC Münster)
    Libero: Linda Dörendahl (USC Münster), Lisa Rühl (SC Potsdam)
    OHs: Lina Meyer (Allgäu Team Sonthofen), Sarah Petrausch (Rote Raben Vilsbiburg), Anika Brinkmann (SWE Volley Team)
    MBs: Tesha Harry (Dresdner SC), Anke Borowikow (1. VC Wiesbaden), Berit Kauffeldt (Schweriner SC)

I hope some of the Allstar girls can show Guidetti that they should actually be on the other side of the net ;)

• Spobox.tv will show this match?

• Matthias in Your opinion some Players which will play in All Star should play in NT? And in other way? Out from NT?

• Mareen Apitz surely would be good enough to play NT, she is better than Lena Möllers and about the same level as Denise Hanke. Linda Dörendahl is a better libero than Lisa Thomsen, and Lina Meyer has been one of the best OHs in our league in the last years, she is a very good allround player. Berit Kauffeldt is usually better than Kathy Radzuweit (although Kathy did really well in GPQ last week), but unfortunately she got injured early in summer and Guidetti did not invite her again later.

• -

Cuba will play to Canada in friendly Matches.
    Cuba won 3 firsts sets, with 5-1, and lost de 4th set with 4x2
    Cuba 3x1 Canada.

Cuba play 5-1 and 4x2.

Cuban Rosters to 5-1 : Salas, Sanchez, Castañeda, Carcases, Silie, Silva and Arredondo.
    Silie is setter and Silva is oppositte.
    Carcases and Salas wing spikers.
    Sanchez and Castañeda middle blockers.

Cuban Rosters to 4x2 : Carcases, Palacios, Giel, Lescay, Santos, Cleger and Arredondo.
    Carcases and Palacios wing spikers.
    Giel and Lescay middle blockers.
    Santos and Cleger setters/oppositers.

-

• Germany - Turkey on toworrow @ 19.00 Münster

Do you know if it will be on tv?

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• 15 players of Germany for the matches against Turkey:

S: Denise Hanke, Kathleen Weiß
    Opp: Saskia Hippe, Margareta Kozuch
    OH: Anne Matthes, Heike Beier, Maren Brinker, Patricia Grohmann
    MB: Nadja Schaus, Corina Ssuschke, Kathy Radzuweit, Christiane Fürst
    L: Lisa Thomsen, Kerstin Tzscherlich, Lenka Dürr

One of those players has to be eliminated for WCH. I suppose it will be Grohmann or Schaus, or maybe one of the liberos, but last year in ECH Guidetti also took 3 liberos, two "official" and one as reception substitute.

• I heard Croatia is going to Serbia to make frinedly game there this weekend...anyone has more infos about it?

I heard it too, they will play two friendly matches in Belgrade.

• Unique Women’s Volleyball Cup at Eduardo Dibos Coliseum of Lima.

Lima, Peru, October 8, 2010

Peru - Trinidad and Tobago 3-0 (25-14, 25-12, 25-15)

Puerto Rican Aury Cruz topped all the scorers in the match with 20 points and Karina Ocasio added 15.

Dominican Republic - Puerto Rico 3-1 (18-25, 25-20, 25-16, 25-17)

Dominicans Milagros Cabral, Prisilla Rivera and Lisvel Eve all finished with double figures in the scores with 17, 11 and 10 points respectively.

• 14 players of Turkey for the matches against Germany

S: Naz Aydemir,Özge Kırdar Çemberci, Nedime Elif Ağca Öner
    MB: Gökçen Denkel Zop, Bahar Toksoy, Eda Erdem
    OPP: Neslihan Darnel
    OH: Büsra Cansu, Esra Gümüş, Neriman Özsoy, Seda Tokatlıoğlu,Gözde Kırdar Sonsırma
    L: Gülden Kayalar Kuzubaşıoğlu, Gizem Güreşen

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Starting 6 GER: 2 Weiß, 4 Tzscherlich, 8 Radzuweit, 12 Beier 14 Kozuch, 15 Brinker, 18 Schaus

TUR: 10 Bahar 11 Naz 12 Esra 14 Eda 16 Seda 17 Neslihan - Gülden