2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• This is argumentum ad hominem, not an argument, my dear. I am against changing rules every year and I will be even if it is not in our advantage, the same way I am against playing to lose, because I have principles.

They are not going to play to lose. If X team wins 2nd division, it will find chance to enter first division and since 2016 is Olympic year, it will be so valuable. This is an award

• Miyashita has had a bad first set. I was surprised it took Manabe that long to substitute. She is still learning and Brazil with all of its stars and skill, make you pay at the net with their block.

Japan has still not figured out that Fabiana never hits line when she goes behind the setter.

9 kills-9 errors for Japan in the 1st set. If they get one set today, that will be a win in my mind.

• Japan is putting the ball to close to the net with their sets. With bigger players in front of you, you've got to pull it away from the net to give the players someplace to hit.

I see that Manabe brought in the backups to see if they could do something.

He'll probably start Ebata in the 3rd, even though she's been missing a ton of shots.

21 kills- 20 errors

• Brazil is doing a great job therefore Japan is playing out of their comfort zone.

Sheilla is the best today, she's doing amazing on defense.

Japan did some short services and during 2nd technical time-out Thaisa called the players and said she would receive position 3 and 4. I love that. That's volleyball. Every player should help their team mates.

• Fe Garay continues to be Brazil's only weak link. She's in big trouble in backrow and not convincing at the net either. If she can reach her best shape for WCH and everyone else keep theirs, Brazil can dominate as much as in 2008 Olympics.

• Japan played better in the 3rd, but the number of errors 28 in 3 sets is just not a way to win matches.

Brazil are looking like heavy favorites going to the World Championships. Lost only 6 sets in 14 matches of the World Grand Prix.

• Congratulations for Brazil :cup: I'm waiting for awards now :cheesy:
    who'll be chosen to dream team - any suggestions ? :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Congrats Brasil, they were indeed he best team in the tournament. The only way you can beat Brazil right now imo is if you serve really well...like Turkey did....other wise its quite impossible...cause Brazil is an experienced, highly technical and physically strong team...

Japan made way to many errors today, specially in critical moments...anyway, it was really interesting to see them playing this new system during the tournament....but I guess its proof to fail if you facing a team with stable reception and that can work the MBs more often...like Brazil did today. But it can work out for them if they can break the opponent reception.

• Behind every good team is an even more brilliant coach - true of both Brazil and Japan. Tactically very proficient and are somehow able to motivate their players and bring out the best in them. The ability to recover from one match to the next is so important and both these coaches are excellent at it. I have to say I dont always agree with (more like understand) Guimares' tactics, but he always delivers at the important times. I am impressed with how he is able to bring out the best especially in Sheila time and again, even when she looks like she has lost it.

Moving on.... Fe Garay needs some rest and work to get her to her best level - she hasnt played as well all tournament - but again she has been able to contribute at the right times. - her connection with Dani Lins is off.. Fabiola needs a lot of work to get her confidence up - she is not a very good back up setter at the moment. Thaisa also probably needs a rest - her intensity has been up and down in the final rounds - having been almost flawless in the prelims.