2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• I can't watch from laola ;(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• FIVB :thumbdown: Sano for MVP is still ok, but Nagaoka should be as OP or MB, not as OH :aww: not Thaisa here :what: and Xiaotong Liu is also here :whistle:

Dani, Sheilla, Fabiana and Sano ok, I doubt Fetisova really deserved...

• What is this awarding ceremony for? Sano as MVP? Where are Jaque and Kosheleva's awards ? Thaisa? Sonsirna? totally embarrassing!

• awww poor Bahar :( of course Fabiana & Fetisova were great too. She was once again so close to the award :( But seriously no award to one of our OHs at least is a real joke... I don't even want to mention Sano's Mvp award... I'm so happy that Saori got no awards at all :P

Congratulations to Brazil anyway :cup: At least this tournament was not as boring as their latest victories. :)

• For OHs there were so many good choices - Sonsirma, Kosheleva, Jaque, even Saori wouldn't be really bad...

and they chose Xiaotong Liu and Nagaoka who's playing on other position :what: Nagaoka deserved, but not here :call:

• I don't agree with best setter, according to stats, best setter might be Dani. However, we all know that running set is not very good criteria for best setter. For instance, it is almost impossible to get best setter award for Naz based on running set since she had only two spiker option all the time :whistle: To me, Dani didn't do anything special to run these amazing bunch of players and I claim that she has the least contribution for the success of Brasil team. I think the best setter award should be given to Naz. She elevated her teams performance a lot and I don't think a team with only two spiker option can be such successful without a brilliant setter.

Is this best line up built by only performance of finals or including preliminaries? If we include preliminaries Garay had very good performance whereas she was pretty bad during finals. Also Thaisa showed epic performance during preliminaries and totally deserved MVP while Jacqueline or Sheila deserves MVP based on only matches in finals :whistle: I think if only count of matches in final 6, I would give MVP award to Jaqueline since she is best scorer, best spiker, best digger and best receiver of the champion team ;)

• FIVB :thumbdown: Sano for MVP is still ok, but Nagaoka should be as OP or MB, not as OH :aww: not Thaisa here :what: and Xiaotong Liu is also here :whistle:

Dani, Sheilla, Fabiana and Sano ok, I doubt Fetisova really deserved...

Liu and Nagaoka rank No.1 and No.2 in Best Spiker, last year best OHs were given to Zhu Ting and Mihajlovic who were also very high in Best Spiker ranking. Maybe FIVB put many weight on Best Spiker and no weight on Best Reciever, and little weight on Best Scorer.

• Dani, Sheilla, Fabiana and Sano as libero are certainly OK as awards, I can also live with Sano as MVP and Fetisova as 2nd MB though Thaisa would definitely deserve it more, but the OH awards are simply embarassing :aww: Kosheleva, Gözde, Jaque, even Neriman should have won them. If China had come with their usual roster Liu wouldn't even have played and Nagaoka is NOT an OH :down:

• While its sensible that peoples' favourites didnt get awards, I think the awards themselves are not SO wrong: -

Sano is a deserving MVP, just as Sergio was when he won it as a libero - she has led her team to the highest podium finish they've ever had - and it is really because of her - otherp layers may have been changed at points but she was always there, playing incredibly well.

Nagoaka is also deserving. Because of Japan's play, it is irrelevant to call any of the outsides or opp anyway!!

I agree maybe Sonsirma could have won an ward - but hers would have been more as MVP had her team bee in a final match - rather than as outside hitter

etc etc. So as much as I may not agree because I have favourites, when you do look at the awards - there is value in all of them!

• Looking at the WGP history of the last 10 years, many times the team that won WGP did not win the big competition (OG or WCH) afterwards:

2004: Brazil won WGP, China won OG
    2006: Brazil won WGP, Russia won WCH
    2008: Brazil won WGP and OG
    2010: USA won WGP, Russia won WCH
    2012: USA won WGP, Brazil won OG

So, even if Brazil has been dominating this tournament, there still is hope for everyone else :P But this year's Brazil reminds of 2008, so for me they're the main favourite to win WCH as well.

• Dani, Sheilla, Fabiana and Sano as libero are certainly OK as awards, I can also live with Sano as MVP and Fetisova as 2nd MB though Thaisa would definitely deserve it more, but the OH awards are simply embarassing :aww: Kosheleva, Gözde, Jaque, even Neriman should have won them. If China had come with their usual roster Liu wouldn't even have played and Nagaoka is NOT an OH :down:

Fetisova and Fabiana also rank No.1 and No.2 in Best Blocker. I think FIVB has its own criteria, putting lots of weight on stats

• Liu and Nagaoka rank No.1 and No.2 in Best Spiker, last year best OHs were given to Zhu Ting and Mihajlovic who were also very high in Best Spiker ranking. Maybe FIVB put many weight on Best Spiker and no weight on Best Reciever, and little weight on Best Scorer.

Fetisova and Fabiana also rank No.1 and No.2 in Best Blocker. I think FIVB has its own criteria, putting lots of weight on stats

In that case FIVB simply should have kept their old awarding system.

• ahahahahha i laugh with my ass. Nagaoka is OPP but she is the best OH. AHAHA İT MUST GİVEN TO kOSHELEVA :cursing: And Sheilla??? :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: She played good just Japan match. She was terrible in whole Grand Prix. and sano???? :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: mvp should be Kosheleva to. FIVB is just making joke :dance4: :dance4:

• Seriously :what: This is really ugly, for even FIVB :down: Liu was best spiker according to stats, however, she was very bad at reception. And for Nagoka, no comment! She didn't receive any ball, not even once :aww: I could understan even giving MVP award to Nagaoka since she was the extra power for the team in the critical moments and the reason why this weird system worked flawless, but not best OH :wall:

• Agreed! Just look how Sano crashed every spikers' confidence on attacking. And Nagaoka is "OH" on FIVB registration.

• I'm afraid about it... I hope Brazil can win WCH. I remember 2006 when Brazil was way ahead every other team but Russia got together with Godina-Sokolova-Gamova and won.