2015 European Championships - Netherlands and Belgium

• Serbia showed maybe 50% of what they played in World Cup, so Kosheleva on fire and a strong Zaryazhko were enough to beat them. Goncharova is far from her best, OH2 is a big hole with the absence of Scherban, also Malova is not as spectacular as she can be. If Kosheleva and Zaryazhko play like today, Russia still has a very good chance to take Gold, but somehow I'd like to see the Dutch girls winning...anyway congrats to Russia, after all they won deservedly.

• Wow! I was not expecting that from Russia! Really well done! I'm also very interested in watching Slöetjes and Buijs against triple Russian blocks :lol:

Ognjenovic was surprisingly bad today. She has been really brave and good so far but this match, she did not add anything extra to her game.

Tomorrow's bronze medal game should be streamed with a +18 warning. Serbia will simply r.pe Turkey unfortunately :gone:

• Serbia showed maybe 50% of what they played in World Cup, so Kosheleva on fire and a strong Zaryazhko were enough to beat them. Goncharova is far from her best, OH2 is a big hole with the absence of Scherban, also Malova is not as spectacular as she can be. If Kosheleva and Zaryazhko play like today, Russia still has a very good chance to take Gold, but somehow I'd like to see the Dutch girls winning...anyway congrats to Russia, after all they won deservedly.

Goncharova not at her best can still score 17 pts.

• Congrats to Russia for a strong performance and good win. I expect them to beat Netherlands, but people saying NED have no chance are very wrong in my opinion.

As for Serbia, congrats on a great international summer. The performance at the WC was among the best in their history. Win the bronze and come back ready to play your best at the Olympics, girls (we don't want a 2012 repeat :sos: )

• Ognjenovic was surprisingly bad today. She has been really brave and good so far but this match, she did not add anything extra to her game.

It's hard to play well as setter when you have to run your ass off to save bad receptions all the time...

Goncharova not at her best can still score 17 pts.

And Goncharova at her best scores 30 points in 4 sets, so Kosheleva would get more help.

• It's hard to play well as setter when you have to run your ass off to save bad receptions all the time...

And Goncharova at her best scores 30 points in 4 sets, so Kosheleva would get more help.

Well said. Totally agree with both points.

• It's hard to play well as setter when you have to run your ass off to save bad receptions all the time...

True. What im saying is, its not only be decided by ZArya and Koshe. Obmochaeva on fire can easily come out of kno where.
    Shes playing crap but still, shes generating decent scores as opposed to those who are playing at their best, but hardly reaching 15 pts.

• And what will Russia do now...They will watched Dutch game, and what they will see ?? That they just need to stop Sloetjes, it will be hard but they can do it, block or libero... and for Bujis will be even eazier to stop her
    Can't wait to watch this matche :D

Sloetjes got 43 or 46 balls (i right now don't know) against Turkey.

• Congrats Russia, they were superior today and deserved the win.

I dont know if Serbia girls were to tired, or if we the reception simply didnt let their game go as planned...the team seems a bit short on energy. Still good fight, and good game.

I hope they can bounce back tomorrow and finish this run with a Bronze medal! ^^ #AjdeSrbija

• Very good match in the first 2 sets, then the level dropped a bit.

Kosheleva is simply amazing. On the other side I don't like Goncharova. I simply dislike her attitude. She is so off. Not a smile. Tatiana is the one who leads the team with her fire inside and with her powerful skills. Irina Zaryazhko very very good both spiking and blocking.

Serbia was poor with its best spikers, Mihajlovic and Boskovic. Malesevic was the only one who was constant the whole match. I like Ognjenovic and I feel sorry for her: too many running sets which let the spiker 1 vs 1 were wasted by her mates. Rasic needed 2 sets to enter the match. Bad day for Stevanovic, but Veljkovic entered very well into the match (but still too late). Nikolic was a key player in the third set, I like her new position in the team as a game changer from the bench.

I disagree with those who say Netherlands is hopeless against Russia. Netherlands has amazing shape and plays at very right rythm, which we can't say about Russia. It isn't only Sloetjes. It's Buijs, de Kruijf and maybe Belien. Netherlands has more team game than Russia, which keeps receiving very very poor.

Now everybody says Sloetjes is classy, amazing and so on... didn't most of you say she wasn't a kind of player who could do well in VakifBank? :whistle: :wavy:

• People here change their opinion every single day. It all depends on one single match, sometimes...
    I remember how much almost everyone hated Karch Kiraly and his system during GP last year, and now that he has won everything after that tournament he is a great coach with a great system...

• Serbia showed maybe 50% of what they played in World Cup, so Kosheleva on fire and a strong Zaryazhko were enough to beat them.Goncharova is far from her best, OH2 is a big hole with the absence of Scherban, also Malova is not as spectacular as she can be. If Kosheleva and Zaryazhko play like today, Russia still has a very good chance to take Gold, but somehow I'd like to see the Dutch girls winning...anyway congrats to Russia, after all they won deservedly.

Serbia showed exactly as much as they did a year ago at WCH and two years ago at ECH. The opp/Mikhaylovic/Nikolic once again well blocked, plenty of points through the excellent MB, sporadic defense, tall block. At World Cup, indeed, they were let go further but Kosheleva had an awful game there and Zaryazhko-Fetisova look stronger to me than Lyubushkina-Orlova.

Goncharova (who gave Serbia last three points back in Japan) indeed is now always out of tempo in attack somehow but she still managed to score OKish. Better than in the Italy game. And you know, I wonder how different her stats are to her Serbian left-handed counterpart. In Japan, Goncharova was at 57%-ish but the leftie girl scored something over 60%. I think, in Rotterdam, it might have been for Goncharova. Regarding the the OH2, my only hope is that Ilchenko will get more confident. She did screw up the reception several times but otherwise there was no big hole at this position today (a small one, possibly :)). That tip into two from a pipe... an average Rus female player doesn't normally score like that.

• People here change their opinion every single day. It all depends on one single match, sometimes...
    I remember how much almost everyone hated Karch Kiraly and his system during GP last year, and now that he has won everything after that tournament he is a great coach with a great system...

I still hate it and I'm sure it is our biggest weakness. :wall:

Single match, everything may happen. I agree.

• I think it would be third time's a charm for Guidetti, Russia comes to ECH without their best squad and many players look very exhausted except Koshelava and Zaryazhko. Expect a tough fight between the finalist, good luck for both teams and may the best team win. :heart:

• I really wish to see an american or russian trainer for the Turkish NT. Would be nice to see the changes in the girls play. Right now, I don't see a game character or strategy. So far we tried Italians and Turkish and Brazilian :box:

• I was first one who said to "WHAIT" that we need to see it what will Sloetjes will do against stronger teams, than We can talk how good she is. Nothing else. And she showed very good performance on ECH.

I really hope that Russia will win gold ones again ^^ ^^

• The main advantage of Russia tomorrow can be the experience and mental stability of their players. They are used to playing big matches, many of them have played in the final 2 years ago, and they know how strong they can be so even if things go bad they don't panic. The Dutch team has yet to prove how they can hold their own when the going gets tough and when it really counts. They did it fairly well in 3rd set today but a final is a different story. They're in the same situation Germany was 2 years ago, playing the final at home against a seemingly stronger opponent. I think everything can happen in the final...