2014 FIVB World League

• He is probably insulin resistant and should get metformin asap. It is not very easy to gain weight while training and playing proffesional sport like volleyball, with calorie expenditure over 8000 kcal/day.

• Atanasijevic played alone again and Russians didn't have many problems beating them 3-0 once again.

Argentina 3-0 against Germany again and backup S Kühner plaed as OP one more time :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Atanasijevic played alone again and Russians didn't have many problems beating them 3-0 once again.

Argentina 3-0 against Germany again and backup S Kühner plaed as OP one more time :D

Why do I find Germany team without Grozer so... amusing?
    It seemed that Heynen just came up random squads and starting line-ups every week, where everyone could play any position. Not to mention 5~6 players on court are float servers. I seriously wondered the lineup for today had the weakest service throughout the WL.

I saw Kuhner pretty excited about playing opposite on twitter. And that triggered my curiosity of what Heynen will present next week.

• Why do I find Germany team without Grozer so... amusing?
    It seemed that Heynen just came up random squads and starting line-ups every week, where everyone could play any position. Not to mention 5~6 players on court are float servers. I seriously wondered the lineup for today had the weakest service throughout the WL.

I saw Kuhner pretty excited about playing opposite on twitter. And that triggered my curiosity of what Heynen will present next week.

Having almost no solution for OP position someone had to play there :D Schoeps and Hirsch were absent, Fromm had problems with back, Prolingheuer is so weak on this level, Westpahl coun't deal with it so Kühner played again and today he got 10 points with 40% in terms of spiking :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Happy to see BUL victorious in this thrilling 5-setter match.

Do they still have a chance in the final 6?

• Happy to see BUL victorious in this thrilling 5-setter match.

Do they still have a chance in the final 6?

Theoretically, yes. They have four more matches ahead, which give potentially 12 points, enough for catching up with Russia, who has 10 points more than Bulgaria..
    To allow Bulgaria in the finals, they have to beat Serbia twice next week with 6 points, and beat Russia twice the week after while USA must defeat Serbia again.

• Theoretically, yes. They have four more matches ahead, which give potentially 12 points, enough for catching up with Russia, who has 10 points more than Bulgaria..
    To allow Bulgaria in the finals, they have to beat Serbia twice next week with 6 points, and beat Russia twice the week after while USA must defeat Serbia again.

Appreciate it, thanks!

Russia is steaming up now and Serbs would definitely avenge their losing streak. Let's see then but this one is a tough mountain to climb for BUL.

• Haha this is Bulgaria

I will be glad if you don't use hasty generalizations about my team and country.

Our team lacks physical preparation and can last only 2 sets, that happened all matches so far. The guys responsible for that are incompetent to bring Sokolov back to shape.

• I will be glad if you don't use hasty generalizations about my team and country.

Our team lacks physical preparation and can last only 2 sets, that happened all matches so far. The guys responsible for that are incompetent to bring Sokolov back to shape.

Physical preparation probably was a problem, especially for Sokolov who did much worse in the last three sets than he did in the first two. But to me, Bulgaria losing the 3rd/4th set was due to the changes within USA. When Anderson went to OH and Carson came in as the OPP, Bulgaria simply didn't come up with anything to deal with the new opponents' lineup. The first two sets they benefitted a lot from Rooney's poor attacking/receiving, but they couldn't find the same trick in the next two sets.

• What a fantastic game from Brazil, holy s**t.
    Poland barely did anything, but still. About freaking time. :obey:

• Physical preparation probably was a problem, especially for Sokolov who did much worse in the last three sets than he did in the first two. But to me, Bulgaria losing the 3rd/4th set was due to the changes within USA. When Anderson went to OH and Carson came in as the OPP, Bulgaria simply didn't come up with anything to deal with the new opponents' lineup. The first two sets they benefitted a lot from Rooney's poor attacking/receiving, but they couldn't find the same trick in the next two sets.

You are right about that, but the changes in USA didn't explain the whole difference /from 17:25 to 25:13/

• What a fantastic game from Brazil, holy s**t.
    Poland barely did anything, but still. About freaking time. :obey:

Obviously they don't want to qualify as much as you do, with Kurek and Wlazly the attacking power would be much greater. You have big advantage in the face of Lucao, just like Russia with Muserskiy and that helped you to get some points in the earier phase of the World League when the other players where not in shape.

• Obviously they don't want to qualify as much as you do, with Kurek and Wlazly the attacking power would be much greater. You have big advantage in the face of Lucao, just like Russia with Muserskiy and that helped you to get some points in the earier phase of the World League when the other players where not in shape.

Nah, I think Poland knows this match didn't mean a whole lot to them as they're still ahead of Brazil in the pool, even with 2 games less. Iran is the one who should face the Polish squad with full attacking force (with Kurek, at least) and it's likely both will advance into the final round. Lucão didn't really help Brazil at home; reception wasn't working and the MBs were barely used, at least from Brazil standards. With four games away so far, Brazil has already won more points (6) than at home after six games (5). I'd say Lucarelli was the most important player back then.

• Old habit of Brazil :D , destroying the next opponent after the defeat . they almost did that in Tehran but we just somehow escaped from a heavy defeat.