2014 / 2015 Transfer News

• @USAvolleybalfun

I don't know what's going on with Hooker. I guess she has something else to do. Her father some weeks ago said something about her marriage. Maybe she's getting devorced. Who knows? She needs time on court to find her best shape. We need her back as soon as possible. We saw how much we missed a real opposite in the tournament. Ebony is good, but she is an outside hitter. While on the other side I didn't like Kristin playing opposite.

• For her age and experience very good, but of course not yet on the level of Larson. But I'd say she is about as good as Larson was 4-5 years ago and has the potential to be even better.

@USAvolleybalfun

I don't know what's going on with Hooker. I guess she has something else to do. Her father some weeks ago said something about her marriage. Maybe she's getting devorced. Who knows? She needs time on court to find her best shape. We need her back as soon as possible. We saw how much we missed a real opposite in the tournament. Ebony is good, but she is an outside hitter. While on the other side I didn't like Kristin playing opposite.

I didn't like it either.. USA's system does not work like that.. Hooker is by far the best OPP they have and I don't want them to play with some 'youngsters' in WCH. I really wanna see USA take the gold.. and it won't happen if Hooker and other more experienced players are not there. If Logan is not coming back then Larson, Foluke and Hooker need to step it up.. I am very worried I must say.

• This link talks about Fabiola in Dinamo... I didn't understand the translation correctly, can someone help me? Does this say that Calderon will still count as a foreigner? I mean, is Garay not going there?

http://volleyball.sport-express.ru/news/2014-05-31/703977/

• Yes, it says Calderon is counted as a foreigner and Fabiola takes the 2nd foreigner spot after Spasojevic's departure.

thanks!

• NAtália return to Unilever is official it was in the most important newspaper in Rio today. She confirmed herself.

She even sad she was missing Bernardinho's scolding during matches. And that Rio has a different energy, so she wants to come back playing well here after a not very good season in Amil. :D

via O Globo newspaper.

Also Andréia is pretty much official...well not official yet, but her husband is a journalist here in Brazil and he wrote to Unilever's physioterapist pretty much revealing she was coming to Rio.

• Slovakian S, Alica Székelyová resumed her career by signing with Sarıyer Belediyesi.

Source: Voleybolunsesi.com

• Also what's up with setters? Alisha is practicing right? As far as i know all that 'crazy speed' system was created with her as the main setter and that's why she was almost never subbed last summer.. Is USA gonna continue with that.. I mean they played fast of course but not with that speed..

USA plans to continue with the fast offense, yes.
    Whether they have the personnel to do that consistently, we will see.

• Kasia Połeć in Legionowo. It's going to be a very young team.

When I look at Polish websites I can't understand why so many people treat her as if she was 18 year-girl. She's 25, she's not old of course but it's getting funny when people write she's a YOUNG&PROSPECTIVE player. We can say it about Kakalewska but definitely not about Polec.

• Kasia Połeć in Legionowo. It's going to be a very young team.

The most important move to do is to replace Kosmol as a trainer. Having a huge potential in the team, he has almost spoilt it last season. None of the players is able to move Legionowo up in the in the league if this coach stays on bench. :read:

• When I look at Polish websites I can't understand why so many people treat her as if she was 18 year-girl. She's 25, she's not old of course but it's getting funny when people write she's a YOUNG&PROSPECTIVE player. We can say it about Kakalewska but definitely not about Polec.

Of course she is not a youngster anymore, but she will probably be the most experienced MB in this team with her 25 years next to Szymanska and Alagierska. And this makes difference. ;)

And Natalia Gajewska is loaned to Legionowo according to Atom's website.

• After their very positive performances in Montreux, any words on what Kozuch, Weiss and Karg will do?

I know there were some talks about Poland for a few of them, but no official word I guess

• Saw some rumours that Melis Gurkaynak (MB) from Vakifbank to Galatasaray.

Found the source: http://www.voleybolunsesi.com/…p?cid=08&id=20894&topic=2

Btw, Galatasaray's another MB Sinem will play for Yesilyurt next season. So Galatasaray has Asli, Melis and Özgenur, 3 young MBs for next season. Hope they will sign an experienced, foreign MB as well.

• Saw some rumours that Melis Gurkaynak (MB) from Vakifbank to Galatasaray.

Found the source: http://www.voleybolunsesi.com/…p?cid=08&id=20894&topic=2

Btw, Galatasaray's another MB Sinem will play for Yesilyurt next season. So Galatasaray has Asli, Melis and Özgenur, 3 young MBs for next season. Hope they will sign an experienced, foreign MB as well.

I think they need more an OPP than a MB.. those 3 you mentioned are young and good players.. but Seda is not so I expect to see an OPP.. Hooker???