2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• I think Serbia is willing to do everything to kick Brazil out. So they will intentionally lose to their beloved Japan.

Why? It does not make any sense. Serbia will play without full strenght because they can and not because they want to kick out Brazil

• It seems like Netherlands has not guaranteed a spot in third round yet.

Ned already advanced to final 6 even if they lost to Serbia at 0:3 tomorrow. Ned has a better W/L ratio. Both JPN and Brazil can not beat Ned's W/L ratio at the same time.

• Ned already advanced to final 6 even if they lost to Serbia at 0:3 tomorrow. Ned has a better W/L ratio. Both JPN and Brazil can not beat Ned's W/L ratio at the same time.

No they have not.

If Netherlands loses to Serbia 0:3, and Japan loses to Brazil 0:3, Brazil and Netherlands will have the same number of wins, same points, same set ratio (23:9), and it will come down to point ratio.

• No they have not.

If Netherlands loses to Serbia 0:3, and Japan loses to Brazil 0:3, Brazil and Netherlands will have the same number of wins, same points, same set ratio (23:9), and it will come down to point ratio.

In this case, JPN is out. JPN only has a 20:5 W/L ratio for now.

• Russia is playing really well. Specially Startseva. She is making spike almost all her players.

If I am not wrong, Italy just need to win 2 sets in her next two matches in order to secure a spot in the final 6.

• Oh my god if Goncharova was here Russia has more chances to beat Italy.

• Russia is playing really well. Specially Startseva. She is making spike almost all her players.

If I am not wrong, Italy just need to win 2 sets in her next two matches in order to secure a spot in the final 6.

They need to win 3, of which 2 sets in a single match, and it's going to be very tough against Russia today

• They need to win 3, of which 2 sets in a single match, and it's going to be very tough against Russia today

Oh thanks! So it will be quite tough against Russia today and USA tomorrow. The race for the final 6 in Pool F is still wide open.

In the worse of the cases, Italy has an almost excellent set ratio that could help them in case of a tie.

• I think Serbia is willing to do everything to kick Brazil out. So they will intentionally lose to their beloved Japan.

Its like you’re saying that if japan wins this, its because serbia intentionally loose the match and not japan deserves the win!:down:

• Oh thanks! So it will be quite tough against Russia today and USA tomorrow. The race for the final 6 in Pool F is still wide open.

In the worse of the cases, Italy has an almost excellent set ratio that could help them in case of a tie.

If Italy gets no points from Russia and USA, there can be several scenarios in which Italy may be eliminated.

• If Italy gets no points from Russia and USA, there can be several scenarios in which Italy may be eliminated.

Exactly. In such a case, we can only hope China will suffer the same path as ours and go to the set ratio.

Anyway these two days are basically an early setup of the final six, get trashed in both means you rightfully get eliminated. If Italy wants a medal they have to earn it now.

• Bosetti service and italian block has just drastically changed the way of this second set.

De Gennaro is just outstanding in defense. She is digging almost every single ball, covering her spikers, setting.