2015 World Cup - Japan - 9/8

• My favourite point of the tournament so far; Kubiak trying to play as MB and Kurek trying to set him the ball :rolll:
    As the commentator said: 'What was Kurek thinking and what was Kubiak thinking' :rolll:
    1:29:52- 1:30:22
    [url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es6-rbaCcUA[/url]

By the way Antiga is not Polish, he is a French

How can I launch the video in Poland?

• I'm really happy that Italy won today! I didn't expect such a clear victory, but I also think that this is not the best Russia possible as they still have many problems with their 2nd OH and it looks that Muserskiy as OPP doesn't always pay off.
    Italy has Zaytsev in great shape, Giannelli is doing a really good job even if it is the first tournament for him, Juantorena and Lanza are good too but they have some up and downs! I just hope they won't spoil everything in the last two matches, I don't know what possibilities are there to qualify! US vs RUS will be important, I hope the russians will beat the US so there are more chances for two european teams to qualify.. it is better also for them :roll:

• I absolutely agree about London, Beijing not so much. They weren't expected to medal, there were many strong teams then, but in London definitely. I think that mentality is a way to protect themselves from the disappointment you know.. saying 'I'm happy with silver' is much better than 'It could've been gold'.. I agree that approach has to change. You can't just say play your game and everything will come, sometimes you have to push hard and make changes in order to win big matches.

I meant 2011 World Cup, not Beijing 2008. Anyway I expected all of the 3 medalist teams from Beijing.

• I'm really happy that Italy won today! I didn't expect such a clear victory, but I also think that this is not the best Russia possible as they still have many problems with their 2nd OH and it looks that Muserskiy as OPP doesn't always pay off.
    Italy has Zaytsev in great shape, Giannelli is doing a really good job even if it is the first tournament for him, Juantorena and Lanza are good too but they have some up and downs! I just hope they won't spoil everything in the last two matches, I don't know what possibilities are there to qualify! US vs RUS will be important, I hope the russians will beat the US so there are more chances for two european teams to qualify.. it is better also for them :roll:

Let's not forget to mention Colaci, he's by far the best Italian libero since the days of Corsano.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Point Maximum and Ticket to Rio
    TICKET CLINCHED
    TICKET POSSIBLE

32 Points Poland (11-0)
    31 Points Poland (11-0)
    30 Points Poland (11-0), or Poland (10-1), Italy (10-1), USA (10-1)
    If Poland vs. Italy goes 5 and Italy wins, Poland reach 30, Italy 29
    If Italy reaches 30, Poland will be at 29 and would need USA to lose with Argentina
    If USA reaches 30, Italy beat Poland in 3-4, USA and Italy are both at 30 and go to Rio
    29 Points Poland (10-1), Italy (10-1), USA (10-1)
    28 Points Poland (10-1 or 9-2), Italy (10-1 or 9-2), USA (10-1 or 9-2)
    USA and Italy could finish at 28 (9-2) and finish 3rd, by both losing their final matches
    27 Points Poland (9-2), Italy (9-2), USA (9-2)
    Russia is out at 27 points (9-2)
    26 Points Argentina (9-2), Italy (9-2), Russia (9-2)
    Argentina would need to win in 3 or 4, Russia and Italy both split, Poland lose twice and USA lose twice (once to Russia and once to Argentina)
    Italy would split (losing to Argentina in 3-4, beating Poland in 5), Japan beat Poland and Russia, Russia beat USA and USA lose to Argentina
    Russia would need 2 wins (USA in 3-4, Japan in 5), USA beat Argentina in 5, Poland beat Italy in 5, Argentina beat Italy in 3-4 and Japan beat Poland in 3-4

• HUGE win :obey: If there was a previous life, Kubiak should have been an acrobat. personal trainer and Olympic god in the same time. He left me totally speechless though I'm perfectly aware of what he is capable of. Simply a guy who can freely challenge the hell. People can dislike him, hate him and call him troll, clown or however else... As a big-hearted guy, he's a perfect captain. Always on guard :obey: and again, I adore Bieniek, but yesterday it was Kubiak who deserved thousands of awards.

Is it only me or from a certain moment this match had a pace faster than Bolt running for a gold? MASSIVE.

I HOPE, strongly, that guys can stay fully focused against Japan and in a top shape against Italy.

• Gauna hasn't played a single point since he argued with Velasco in game vs Canada (he didn't like being subbed off). He didn't play vs Japan, and he hasn't played so far today. We have to play with Crer who can't do shit.

• I will sum it up with a comment made by someone on the stream chat: "we were one zornetta away from winning" :rolll: :aww:

Don't worry for the lost point Italy, we got you covered tomorrow :whistling:

• Argentina's usual problem of the lack of an OPP is still dragging them down. Monster game by Solé and Conte today. Zornetta and Crer weren't that bad too imo.

Meanwhile, even with a slow start today, Juantorena is schooling the haters and showing that Italy desperately needed him to truly stay relevant. No joke.

• The best part of this match was watching De Cecco playing like the old times. It must be one of his greatest performance ever.
    Juantorena hitting with 72% and scoring 3 aces in the 5th set :obey: ,Zaytsev wtih 60% and delivering in the clutch time. (61 points with 65% from Juantorena-Zaytsev and Italy barely won :what: )
    Conte was the heart and soul of the team, doing everything ;blocking, digging, serving and hitting with 56%
    Absolutely terrible blocking performance from Italy (only 4 blocks) and Colaci doing nothing in the defense :down:
    If USA wins today, tomorrow Italy-Poland will be the real thriller.
    And again MAJOR MAJOR mistake from Blengini. Sottile saved him

• If Poland scores 3-0 against Japan ,Italy needs to win 3-0/3-1 against Poland to qualify ( it will also depend on points ratio)
    So Russia must win against USA, otherwise it is certain USA and Poland will qualify.
    So many possibilites, Brahmin where are you? :lol:
    As Raylight said before Osmany is screaming 'Hayde' , not 'Haydi . Doesn't matter , its source is still Balkans. ;)

• You do realize it 1:15 AM on the East Coast of the USA.
    Argentina dead.
    Russia must win out and Poland lose out, plus USA loss to Argentina.
    Italy needs to win tomorrow, Poland loss against Japan helps, but USA loss helps more.
    USA just needs to win out. 5 set matches will complicate set ratios.
    Poland wins today, all but in, ahead on points ratio and sets ratio with Italy. Italy would have to win 3-0 and big points spread and hope for USA loss against Argentina if USA beats Russia.

• I don't think Russia can beat the US. Maybe Argentina could take a couple of sets, but honestly I don't think there's any chance for winning.

Winning tomorrow 3-0 or 3-1 against Poland is really beyond our possibilities, so I guess we will end the tournament 3rd... not such a bad result, it's still a world podium that this team desperately needed after the disasters of the last months.

I'm satisfied with the level of volleyball displayed by Italy at this tournament, if anything it's the other European teams that need to be worried. Russia mostly.