2015 World Cup - Japan - 9/8

• I think Kovac will be head coach of one of Halkbank and Lube. If Italy qualifies from there ,Blengini will continue with national team (not sure this is the best thing for Italy, they are winning based on individual performances, not because of good coaching ) ,Lube will need a coach. If Italy can't make it, Bernardi will have a good chance to become national team's head coach, so in this case Halkbank will need a coach.
    Juantorena isn't even 50% of his usual performance, despite this Italy is still in good level (not great). So if he catches his form , Italy will go for a medal at Olympics. I think Juantorena will skip European Championship for rehabilitation, Tetyukhin will not be there , Poland will be very jaded so good chances for France and Serbia.

• Russell is totally exhausted and Sperraw doesn't trust Lotman or any other OH

I would put Troy as Opp and Anderson as OH.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Hi all, I haven't been there for a while.

I must say, I'm really proud of our team. They were playing well already, but now, I can't find a negative thing about their game (offc 1st set was pretty bad, but it's normal for us during that tournament). I believe we can win it all now.

I can't say, who I want to qualify for Olympic Games. I'm pretty sure it won't be Russia, so it will be fight between USA and Italy. I won't be very surprised if American team will lose it again (like year ago during World Championship), but I don't want to judge too much. Let the better team advance ;)

• Juantorena isn't even 50% of his usual performance, despite this Italy is still in good level (not great). So if he catches his form , Italy will go for a medal at Olympics. I think Juantorena will skip European Championship for rehabilitation, Tetyukhin will not be there , Poland will be very jaded so good chances for France and Serbia.

Juantorena already said that he is going to play at Eurovolley, maybe only complications at the knee could stop him. By the way Juantorena is not the player that he used to be after so many injueries and I don't think he's going to come back at his 100% shape, that's the reason why we absolutely need Kovar and Parodi for turn-over

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• I really want Italy to win here and avoid the massacre of the European tournament, but to be honest if we cannot beat one between USA and Poland, then they deserve to be in the top two more than us. This Russia has very little chances to win more than a set against the US, so be it.

Congratulations to Poland for the fantastic match, I really thought they were going to lose today.

• Juantorena already said that he is going to play at Eurovolley, maybe only complications at the knee could stop him. By the way Juantorena is not the player that he used to be after so many injueries and I don't think he's going to come back at his 100% shape, that's the reason why we absolutely need Kovar and Parodi for turn-over

Not sure what you mean by so many injuries. What I know a shoulder injury in 2013 killed his service. Still a shadow of his previous service performance. He has torn his knee ligaments this season, it required surgery but he didn't use this option. It is obviously affecting his jumping right now. If his knee goes well, he will recapture his attacking form I guess ( he was hitting above Muserskiy against Belgorod, so I don't think previous injuries affect him so much) His disastrous reception isn't because of injuries, it is because of his laziness.
    Parodi couldn't find his previous form after back to back injuries. I don't think he will be ever performing like the way in 2011 season.
    There is a rumor that Kovar will skip this season because of injury.

As for Poland , they are like France, team's overall quality is better than the sum of individual qualities. Antiga is doing wonders for them, so calm at the bench, you can feel he is pretty much in control of entire team. He was an ultra- smart OH and he has turned into an amazing coach. :obey: Let's hope they won't be beaten because of one bad draw (like in 2012) after performing so high for a long time.

• Let's see what happens at the Olympics before calling Antiga the best coach ever, it is still possible for Poland to be completely useless once again and lose in the QF as they always do.

If the expectations of the media and the public were big in 2012 because of a stupid World League, imagine 2016 as World Cup and World Champion holder.

• Let's see what happens at the Olympics before calling Antiga the best coach ever, it is still possible for Poland to be completely useless once again and lose in the QF as they always do.

If the expectations of the media and the public were big in 2012 because of a stupid World League, imagine 2016 as World Cup and World Champion holder.

It is because they played against Russia, the best team of Olympics, unlike Italy which only qualified via taking 4th place through group stage but miracolusly avoided two finalists Brazil and Russia.

• It is because they played against Russia, the best team of Olympics, unlike Italy which only qualified via taking 4th place through group stage but miracolusly avoided two finalists Brazil and Russia.

Italy won their QF against the USA, who WON the group with said Brazil and Russia.

If Poland wasn't able to avoid Russia in the QF it's their fault for losing that disgraceful match against Australia.

• Russell obviously didn't do a good job at receiving... and I think Sperraw is the same as Kiraly...They only know those lame-ass encouragements, lol Plus, they're horrible at observing what's going on on the court.

• Russell obviously didn't do a good job at receiving... and I think Sperraw is the same as Kiraly...They only know those lame-ass encouragements, lol Plus, they're horrible at observing what's going on on the court.

I think it's a mentality problem. USA teams need foreign coaches, who can bring something new to them. After 2 gold medal lost by their own mistakes, for example, the girls twice said thank you to God for the won medal. It can't be always about fair play and being happy with what has got to come. Sometimes you have to be hungry and pissed off on court, you have to be the one who reaches it, not only waiting for it to happen. Look what Kubiak does during every match, turning on his teammates. This "stay calm, we know what to do" mentality doesn't bring gold medal. Against top teams you have to go over the system. I never saw any USA coach pissed off or screaming at his players, even under 10+ points. We have everything to dominate the volleyball world, but we always miss something.

• Congratulations to Poland for the good game, fighting not only for themselves, but for the honour of Europe! :drink:

• Parodi couldn't find his previous form after back to back injuries. I don't think he will be ever performing like the way in 2011 season.
    There is a rumor that Kovar will skip this season because of injury.

Regarding Parodi, we all know that. After 2011 he's only a good player in digging and reception, but that's the reason why we need him. Kovar will come back in January (a guy from Macerata's staff told me on facebook).

• With all respect to Anastasi I have had a strange feeling he couldn't be coach for a longer time. I felt sometimes he didn't help team as they need to. Antiga is like Speraw for USA, Blengini for Italy, Rezende for Brazil. He is Polish and he knows better our mentality, knows how to explain every detail in our language. For Antiga it's more important to stay as long as possible.

• My favourite point of the tournament so far; Kubiak trying to play as MB and Kurek trying to set him the ball :rolll:
    As the commentator said: 'What was Kurek thinking and what was Kubiak thinking' :rolll:
    1:29:52- 1:30:22
    [url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es6-rbaCcUA[/url]

By the way Antiga is not Polish, he is a French

• I think it's a mentality problem. USA teams need foreign coaches, who can bring something new to them. After 2 gold medal lost by their own mistakes, for example, the girls twice said thank you to God for the won medal. It can't be always about fair play and being happy with what has got to come. Sometimes you have to be hungry and pissed off on court, you have to be the one who reaches it, not only waiting for it to happen. Look what Kubiak does during every match, turning on his teammates. This "stay calm, we know what to do" mentality doesn't bring gold medal. Against top teams you have to go over the system. I never saw any USA coach pissed off or screaming at his players, even under 10+ points. We have everything to dominate the volleyball world, but we always miss something.

I absolutely agree about London, Beijing not so much. They weren't expected to medal, there were many strong teams then, but in London definitely. I think that mentality is a way to protect themselves from the disappointment you know.. saying 'I'm happy with silver' is much better than 'It could've been gold'.. I agree that approach has to change. You can't just say play your game and everything will come, sometimes you have to push hard and make changes in order to win big matches.