2015 FIVB World League

• Can Russia be next year world league in a second division or FIVB shoudn't let this to happen ? :what:

Yes, theoretically. However, there are still a lot of games to be played, with Russia taking on Iran once more, Poland and USA at home. And they are to be compared to the last team in the other pool eventually, probably Australia. Also, unless everything else works out, I suspect FIVB may "incidentally" change the World League's format and declare the current one as a failure ;)

• Is there some internal problem for the Russian NT? In 2013, they're the world No. 1 team beyond doubt, and won WL without their star player, Mikhaylov. Since 2014 WL, their performance has been dropping. Mikhaylov seems to be the only player who cares about the match on court. Of course, they're not playing with a full squad, but most of the players on court are not new.

Biriukov 0/15 in spike today!!!

• yesterday match was disaster, but I think today it was a well-deserved win for Iran. btw I like our new libero.

now with 6 matches at home, I think we are pretty safe from relegation. they even can try for final six.

• yesterday match was disaster, but I think today it was a well-deserved win for Iran. btw I like our new libero.

now with 6 matches at home, I think we are pretty safe from relegation. they even can try for final six.

Yes. Marandi is quite reliable. He looks better than the other backup libero, Alizadeh.

• The second match was not a gift from Russia to Iran, they deserved the victory. Starting to show their true class. Russia is like Bulgaria the last year, very strange if you ask me

• Italy is leading 2:0 against Australia.

Aussies are giving Italy a match over large parts but in the end they gave away both sets by making presents. Gianelli is setting for Travica but today i am not really impressed. Overall that is a quite low level match.

• Vissotto is back to his usual form: absolutely useless. Blocking is inexistent in Brazil's side once again: 7 sets against Serbia this weekend so far and only 3 blocks total. :gone:

• Third set, more or less the same story. Australia is failing in crunch time and Italy takes a 3:0. Overall the technical level of some Aussie players is not really high and today they had to pay for it always in the end of the sets.

• Not sure if I'm not in the mood or what, but this BRA-SRB is one of the most boring matches I've ever watched in this level. Brazil is super lazy today. Serbia should've taken it in 3 sets, geez.

• To be honest, not only this SER vs BRA game, but all pool A games are quite boring to me... :what:

• Yesterday Italy won 0-3 and the main setter was Travica. Giannelli only played the 3rd set, the set where Italy scored more points. Today, Travica was, finally, all the match in the bench. I really dont understand what else Berruto needs to watch in order to notice Travica is a weakest link. Falaschi is wasted in the B team and Baranowicz isnt called (I dont think he will come back until Berruto resigns).

So far, the best teams are Poland and USA. Their matches were really enterteined compared with the other pools games.

• Yesterday Italy won 0-3 and the main setter was Travica. Giannelli only played the 3rd set, the set where Italy scored more points. Today, Travica was, finally, all the match in the bench. I really dont understand what else Berruto needs to watch in order to notice Travica is a weakest link. Falaschi is wasted in the B team and Baranowicz isnt called (I dont think he will come back until Berruto resigns).

My humble, personal, unbiased, opinion is that Travica is a very good setter and an excellent volleyball player when everything goes well. The hate campaign against him is an exaggeration.
    Giannelli is the right man at the right time to start on the bench and change the momentum if needed, that is until Berruto definitively inverts the hierarchy. If I understood what Berruto has implied, Baranowicz doesn't accept to be a back-up by default.

Yesterday Italy won and Giannelli takes his fair share of credit, but he didn't elevate the team performance. Australia had a more typical efficiency and Italy was more alert in difficult rallies compared to the day before.

So far, the best teams are Poland and USA. Their matches were really enterteined compared with the other pools games.

USA are giving a masterclass to the world of volleyball.