2015 FIVB World League

• My humble, personal, unbiased, opinion is that Travica is a very good setter and an excellent volleyball player when everything goes well. The hate campaign against him is an exaggeration.
    Giannelli is the right man at the right time to start on the bench and change the momentum if needed, that is until Berruto definitively inverts the hierarchy. If I understood what Berruto has implied, Baranowicz doesn't accept to be a back-up by default.

Yesterday Italy won and Giannelli takes his fair share of credit, but he didn't elevate the team performance. Australia had a more typical efficiency and Italy was more alert in difficult rallies compared to the day before.

Finally, a voice of common sense. :thumbup:

Over the years, the capacities of Travica have been heavily discussed in this forum and i think your post is absolutely "spot on". On a bad day he can look terrible but personally i have seen much more good games from him than bad ones. And for a guy, who obviously can't set a single ball straight, he accumulated quite a good amount of titles and medals. Only luck? I don't think so.
    Somewhere on the way, he completely lost his reputation and once you lost reputation (to the public) it is easy to put all blame on you, whenever something is going wrong in your team. Often undeservedly........

• Yes, both parties are judging Travica unfairly, including me. In God we trust, all else must bring data. /Deming/ Give us full stats to make meaningful conclusion.

• If Russia plays as now, will play in lower League next season.

Australia has 1 win and 3 points so far, Russia 0, 1 point.

• Russia has to get a win at some point right? Plus they are so strong (normally), they would take a match to 5 sets at some point.

If Russia drop to Group 2, you know that the World League will be redone to include Russia in the top level. I think that there will be 12 teams next year in Group 1.

• Russia has to get a win at some point right? Plus they are so strong (normally), they would take a match to 5 sets at some point.

If Russia drop to Group 2, you know that the World League will be redone to include Russia in the top level. I think that there will be 12 teams next year in Group 1.

I hope so!

3 groups with Brazil, USA, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Italy, Ira, France, Bulgaria, Belgium, Germany and Argentina/Netherlands would be great. :box:

I just would not like to see teams like Korea or Japan in Group 1. :thumbdown:

Totally agree with you about a possible reshuffling. Actually, this is exactly what I wrote in this same thread 2-3 days ago ;)

However, there are still a lot of games to be played, with Russia taking
    on Iran once more, Poland and USA at home. And they are to be compared
    to the last team in the other pool eventually, probably Australia. Also,
    unless everything else works out, I suspect FIVB may "incidentally"
    change the World League's format and declare the current one as a
    failure ;)

• I hope most FIVB officials get arrested and molested in jail. The situation is much worse than in FIFA. At least they have stable rules and no retroactive regulations.

• I hope most FIVB officials get arrested and molested in jail. The situation is much worse than in FIFA. At least they have stable rules and no retroactive regulations.

Speaking of this, I feel really sorry for Wei, the former president. Basically all his renovations on volleyball have been undone by Graca. The net violation rules go back to the old times. The two-libero idea is basically non-exist due to the 12-player limitation. And now the 3-2-1-0 system is meaningless by counting the number of wins first (basically the idea of 2-1-0 system).
    I'm not saying that rectifying those rules is bad, though it does seem to me that FIVB wasted a bunch of years of time and now goes back to where it started.

• They basically have no idea what they are doing. I support Rezende in his opinion about Graca.

• Poland roster vs Russia

Fabian Drzyzga, Grzegorz Łomacz
    Bartosz Kurek, Jakub Jarosz
    Piotr Nowakowski, Mateusz Bieniek, Marcin Możdżonek, Andrzej Wrona
    Mateusz Mika, Michał Kubiak, Rafał Buszek, Bartosz Bednorz
    Paweł Zatorski, Piotr Gacek

Im looking for Russia, Argentina and France rosters :) Any help ?

• Mário Jr. (L) is joining Brazil in the upcoming games against Italy. he wasn't missed :wacko:.
    Rapha and Bruno will be the setters, while Wallace and Evandro will be the OPPs. William and Vissotto are out this weekend.

• Argentina for matches vs BUL:

S: De Cecco, Uriarte
    OPP: J.L. Gonzalez, Martina
    OH: Filardi, Zornetta, Poglajen, Palacios
    MB: Solé, Crer, Gauna, Franetovich
    L: Closter, Garrocq

Weird to not see Conte and Quiroga brothers yet. Velasco is taking things veeery slowly.

• Watching Russia-Poland..

14-23 time out for Russia..

Scoreboard on TV screen shows RUS PLD.. Since when Poland is PLD?

Moroz is one of the most sexy Man I have ever seen..

My 11,000 post..

• Congrats on 11000 posts :super:

Agree about Moroz... he is the only one making Russian games worth watching

lol about PLD - I wondered the same when I started watching!!

And what the hell is wrong with Russia?? Dont care? Cant be bothered? too much of a struggle?? Very weird.. and with USA next round, I dont see them winning a single game if they dont do something this weekend. I know USA and Poland are playing very well at the moment - but Russia should be doing much better...

• yay 3-0 against USA :thumbsup: not that bad for an overrated team :D

I think Sander and co will comeback stronger for Sunday match, it was their first match in Tehran and I think they never played in such atmosphere before.

• lmao Bruno thinks he's playing with Ngapeth today. Poor Lucarelli.

The Brazilian setters are trying to destroy their hitters! Very inconsistent.. Bruno hasn't been impressive at all since he joined the team - and the connection with Lucao is totally off today. Lucarelli is Brazil's savior in attack so far.