Russian NT 2015

• is it just me or someone also noticed that Goncharova and Malykh are not vene looking at each other during substitution. They seem very cold to each other.

Yes I noticed this too. Everytime Goncharova is subbed by Malykh, she "looks away" almost all the time. And you can never see them talk during timeouts, either. In contrast, if you look at Goncha and Koshe, they almost hug and smile to each other on and off the court. Goncharova is such a mystery :what:

• Yes I noticed this too. Everytime Goncharova is subbed by Malykh, she "looks away" almost all the time. And you can never see them talk during timeouts, either. In contrast, if you look at Goncha and Koshe, they almost hug and smile to each other on and off the court. Goncharova is such a mystery :what:

I agree but i also think that is mutual, not only coming from Goncha. Malykh is not also looking at her and as much as possible she doesnt want to tap hands with goncha hahaha

• Irina Zariazko comeback to NT.

good news if true :thumbup: I'm tired of seeing Orlova on court :thumbdown: Fetisova-Zaryazhko should be starters now :!:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Good news on Zaryazhko's return to A team, but I am really waiting for the day when Shlyakhovaya and, to an extent, Morozova will return to NT. IMO they are the best MBs (along with Fetisova) that suits the needs of the NT.

Looking at it now, after Russia has failed to qualify to Rio via the WC, the next big tournament will be EC just weeks away. Goncharova's prediction have come true, but I think this only applies to her as she has been playing all summer long starting from Yeltsin Cup, WGP, and WC and this obviously took a toll on her on the most important tournament this year :down: . Russia are the reigning European champions, and I think it is still in their best interest to send their best team at EC. Natasha I think should just skip EC entirely, or maybe let Gamova play instead what do you guys think?

• Good news on Zaryazhko's return to A team, but I am really waiting for the day when Shlyakhovaya and, to an extent, Morozova will return to NT. IMO they are the best MBs (along with Fetisova) that suits the needs of the NT.

Looking at it now, after Russia has failed to qualify to Rio via the WC, the next big tournament will be EC just weeks away. Goncharova's prediction have come true, but I think this only applies to her as she has been playing all summer long starting from Yeltsin Cup, WGP, and WC and this obviously took a toll on her on the most important tournament this year :down: . Russia are the reigning European champions, and I think it is still in their best interest to send their best team at EC. Natasha I think should just skip EC entirely, or maybe let Gamova play instead what do you guys think?

Agree. Goncharova has been through a tough tournament. She has earned her rest. ECH is important, but so are the players' health. Let the others play. Although I don't see Gamova as replacement for her (why not though). I think it should be Malykh and Isaeva. And nice to hear about Zaryazhko's return. About Shlyakhovaya, will she be able NT to play this time?

• I think we'd better stop hoping for Shlyakhovaya's return, at least this year. Even if she finds her good form, we wouldn't see her best performance, so let her have more times. I want her and Yuliya Morozova back next year.

Despite not gaining any medals at the WC, I found a couple of positive aspects about the team.

1.Scherban : I never expected her to play as good as she actually did, much better than Pasynkova for example. In the beginning, obviously she looked a bit inconfident and pressured when it comes to passing, she's not completely used to the "2 receiver" system, I guess that's where the big pressure came out, however she did a very good job, especially in attack. With better consistency she would keep her starter spot over Pasynkova or Ilchenko. It's strange though, a few months ago I heard her shoulder was injuried hence she had to play libero. How could a shoulder get recovered within a short period?

2.Fetisova : This girl must have been used in place of Orlova who didn't do anything on court. Ira developed her attack as well, so what's she afraid of? She's by far the best russian MB among the roster. Her performance versus USA was definitely a "Dear coach, watch me and use your brain" thing :D She's only 21 this year and I think she could be another Morozova in some years.

3.Malova : Still inconsistent in reception but her digging is worth giving attention.

I'd be very happy to see grabbing the gold just like two years in Berlin, but it's unfortunately very unlikely going to happen, many players seemed exhausted, their body didn't let them what their brain said, especially Goncharova and Kosianenko. Hopefully we see Malykh, Isaeva for Goncha and Startseva with better form in place of Kosianenko in ECH.

Great to have Zaryazhko back, thank god apparently she's not fed up with Marichev or anything, so we are going to see two Iras as starters.

• How many are allowed in EC roster 14? If so, one will be cut and that might be Orlova for Zaryazkho. I translated the text and it roughly translates to all players who participated in WC are going to play in EC, and that means also Goncharova. I read some news Kosheleva said the loss to China was one of the worst defeats she had in her career. But depsite the negative result, the team is on the right direction with the improvements in Scherban and Fetisova. Interesting how the team will perform during the EC after everything that happened.

• I'm pretty sure it's 14 and I hope the same, Zaryazhko for Orlova. Katya's performance throughout the whole summer has been such a huge disappointment considering her good season in Omsk, she's a typical slow superliga player, definitely not for international level. I remember Paul Sunderland complaining the small amount of balls she got during WGP final, but that's not setter's fault, she's just a bad attacker, bitter to say but that's what it is. Her main role was block and she wasn't good at all, I'd try someone from B team and there Ira is back. both Podskalnaya and Malkova are pretty much balanced as attackers IMO.

Such a big pity that Natasha Dianskaya doesn't play as great as she used to when playing for youth team, her block is disastrous though, hopefully she could develop.

If I were Isaeva, I would probably get pissed off, playing an outstanding season in B team but not even getting enough chances to play, she's always behind Goncha and Malykh, seriously she needs to consider changing her position, but unfortunately that's unlikely going to happen as I saw how bad her reception was :D

• Isaeva didn't make the cut, she left the NT training camp and shall join her club.

Now the 14 players for ECH are as follows.

S : Kosianenko(Moscow), Startseva(Kazan)
    OPP : Obmochaeva(Moscow), Malykh(Krasnodar)
    OH : Kosheleva, Pasynkova(Krasnodar), Shcherban(Moscow), Ilchenko(Ekaterinburg)
    MB : Fetisova, Lyubushkina(Moscow), Orlova(Volero Zurich), Zaryazhko(Ekaterinburg)
    L : Malova(Moscow), Kuzyakina(Kazan)

• Thanks for this Emil. Cutting Isaeva I think is the most logical decision (she was barely used in WC), as this would allow Marichev to bring 4 MBs this time. So now we have two blocking MBs (Fetisova-Orlova) and two scoring MBs (Lyubushkina-Zaryazkho) which makes the MB spot more interesting. Looking at it now we basically have the same WC roster plus Zarya. Obviously Goncharova is already tired and overused but she seems to perform well against European teams. Kosheleva is just peaking from WC, and i think will even show a better performance. If Russia manages to perform the same, or at least close to the level at the latter stages of WC, I think they still have a chance to medal. I miss my girls, can't wait for EC :box:

• Yeah I agree. Goncha gets stronger when playing against euro teams.

Zaryazhko for sure will bring big contribution, considering her awesome performance in team B, I wouldn't be surprised if she takes back a starter spot over Orlova or Lyubushkina. Two years ago she got injuried right before ECH and it was such a huge pity, it's time to regain to her talents.

• Thanks for the list, now that Zaryzhko is there, maybe Kosianenko (if she is the starter) will start using the MB's more now. It will give Obmochaeva a bit more of a break when she doesn't have to attach 40 balls per game.

• Bad news for Russia, looks like Scherban won't be participating in ECH as she was injured =>http://www.russiavolley.com/74…d-to-take-a-break-in-ech/

Also according to RSport, they won't be replacing Scherban from the roster with another player. Here's hoping Sasha Pasynkova would be up to the task as 2nd OH, Ilchenko is too inexperienced to be relied as starter.

• There's no alternative right now, Nastya Bavykina already training with Moscow, Kuitukova not willing to play for NT, Sokolova definitely not in shape, Pisarenko or Voronkova can be tried but Im sure they're already with their club.

Pasynkova has been quite weak thorughout the whole summer, sometimes she played well, mostly weak...