Turkish League 2015/16

• I don't think Lucia can cover KYK when you have two liberos that are worse serve receivers than your OHs. I saw several times Lucia & KYK covering Gizem or Merve :lol: I honestly never saw KYK being covered in receiving. That's a mental thing in overall, when Kim falls, receives bad and can't score, Fenerbahce gets very vulnerable. I was just wondering what Guidetti's tactic was against Fenerbahce in the 3-2 games and here are the stats: http://tvf-web.azurewebsites.n…ID=44&PID=37&type=LegList
    They simply targeted KYK in their serves :lol:

Unfortunately i need to agree about the part of our two liberos.. especially Gizem, she is disappointing me every time she gets a chance to play, not only her
    passing but also her defence, this season i still can not see anything of Gizem's special digs or her talents and skills.
    Even though receiving 55 services, Kim still could finish the match as best scorer and with only 1 fault in receive :white: .
    I'm convinced that Guidetti could stop any player on this earth except Kim when she is in the right mood.. Yes, he could stop Fener as a team, not Kim as a single
    player.. but in the end that is volleyball, not tennis.

• the results of the 10th week :
    FbG - Bursa BB : 3-0 stats
    VB - ÇB : 3-0 stats
    good match by Robin :thumbup:
    HB - GS : 0 -3 stats
    Gs's middles re doing well
    NB - SB : 3-1 stats
    IHI - IB : 3-2 stats
    Ilbank couldnt win again
    EcV - SB : 3-0 stats
    good match by Boşkoviç..Neslihan played whole the match as OH and seems to have done well in passing :thumbsup:

the current standings :

1.VB (10-0) : 29 pts
    2.FBG (9-1) : 28
    3.GS (9-1) : 23
    4.EcV (6-4) : 17
    5.SB (6-4) : 16
    6.BBB (5-5) : 16
    7.NB (4-6) : 14
    8.ÇB (4-6) : 11
    9.IHI (3-7) : 10
    10.HB (3-7) : 9
    11.SB (1-9) : 4
    12.IB (0-10) : 3

• Thanks a lot for sharing Canter, really nice work to see a summary of the week.

For Eczacibasi, it is nice to see Neslihan as OH and the team receiving with 42% perfect receiving. Still Kreklow gave only 14+7 sets to middles while Boskovic got 40 sets and OHs around 25+. I started to think that Eczacibasi's problem is not receiving or Neriman anymore but Kreklow :hit: .
    It's vice versa in Galatasaray. In her interview in the "Son set", Gamze (setter) defined her game as that she likes to play with middles as much as possible and meants that compared to last years, there is a balanced team with better receiving and defense. I think the team started to collect the fruits from that, Gamze set almost the same amount of balls to her middles and other attackers and now two of the middles are the best scorer for the team. Well done! :box:
    At last, Vakifbank plays with different players each week and their game and level is still the same. Seems like they will dominate the Turkish league this season as well while their biggest opponent this season, Fenerbahce fails whenever they change two of their players from the starting six :aww:

• interestingly it is..
    i had expected EcV and FbG to dominate the league then VB but my opinion proved wrong ,it seems VB will dominate it..im still hopefull about EcV..im still waiting to see the best of EcV

on EcV...the middles are also problem, they cant score stably/regularly and this has been affecting the team and the setter's choices negatively also the connection is neither good

Boşkoviç has been playing better now..boşkoviç+neriman are the main scorers..not using a player having such an offensive power like Calderon :aww:

EcV has the best offence but as we can see ,offence doesnt count if you dont have a good team balance

• It's too soon to talk about that Vakif is going to dominate the league this season.. it's just the first part.
    They could win 90% the regular season matches as they did last season but in the end it's all about the final four.
    When i saw here Vakif will dominate the league i thought they are ahead of the second team (Fenerbahce) with 10 or 15 points 8| .

• At last, Vakifbank plays with different players each week and their game and level is still the same. Seems like they will dominate the Turkish league this season as well while their biggest opponent this season, Fenerbahce fails whenever they change two of their players from the starting six :aww:

That is not true at all, Vakif is not playing with different players each week as you say.. Can you tell me please how many matches has Lonneke played already...?

Let's see.. Lonneke played 7 matches this season as starting player.. On the other side, the main player of Fenerbahce Kim played only 5 matches.
    Maybe you will say that many times when Kim's don't play Fener have some troubles.. but at least Abbondanza is trying even though he is
    forced to replace Kim with Meliha or Seyma.
    Yes, maybe Vakif is playing with different OHs each match but that is only because Guidetti has so many choices there after Hill's comeback.

• Well, people in Brazil has been saying Guidetti has letting Lonneke Slöetjes play and keeping Sheilla on the bench on purpose, once he is the couch of the Netherlands NT he wants to get Lonneke ready for the OG Qualification in January.

• In Fact Lonekke is doing really well and She totally deserves to be the first option right now. I don't think that Sheilla will take her spot on the main team back, Naz seems to like play with Lonekke ( it's more easy ~Slotjes it's an Stronger OH) ... Sheilla isn't in her best shape, Last Season she was really tired..But more than an Year and I think that Naz are not with a great connection with Sheilla

Sheilla need's to gain more time on court to develop her game, Sloetjes is shine this Season ( since the Summer she has been a great Opp) but has not much experience in she still seems to feel the big matches.

Sheilla was very good for Vakif in big matches, on playoffs of champions League she did her job but was far from what was expected in the final four of Champions League by the way all Vakif was lost.. I only think that Milena Rasic was good. Rasic has been the best Player from vakif.

• After I read your comment, I was a bit worried whether I wrote something wrong, so I went through all the games of Vakifbank in Turkish league this season. They play with their usual 6 against stronger teams like Eczacibasi, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray and even Bursa with: Naz-Slöetjes, Gözde-Buijs, Rasic-Akman and Örge. But they played 10 games in total and Robin & Melis duo played at least in 4 games so far, where Robin played actually quite more games. Besides, Kimberly Hill has been playing in 2-3 games as well as Seda who played in 3-4 games. Sheilla played only 2 or 3 games. So that comes to what I meant, Vakifbank plays with different players each week, the only two players that are usually playing are Slöetjes and Naz; while rest change quite often. What I meant in overall is, Vakifbank's game looks same although they play with different middles, different spikers etc.

About having alternatives, Fenerbahce has quite many options as OH as well including: Bosetti, KYK, Mihajlovic, Seyma, Meliha. Besides, Harmotto can play more games as well. The main problem in Fenerbahce is lack of good quality local players which limits Abbondanza making rotations. Meliha is a big dissapointment and Seyma did not get many chances yet. Same with the setter Ezgi.

For the earlier comment about Vakifbank dominating the league so far, half of the season is played and they obviously played the best quality volleyball compared to other teams. They remind me their golden times 3-4 years ago. I see them as a strong candidate personally.

• After I read your comment, I was a bit worried whether I wrote something wrong, so I went through all the games of Vakifbank in Turkish league this season. They play with their usual 6 against stronger teams like Eczacibasi, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray and even Bursa with: Naz-Slöetjes, Gözde-Buijs, Rasic-Akman and Örge. But they played 10 games in total and Robin & Melis duo played at least in 4 games so far, where Robin played actually quite more games. Besides, Kimberly Hill has been playing in 2-3 games as well as Seda who played in 3-4 games. Sheilla played only 2 or 3 games. So that comes to what I meant, Vakifbank plays with different players each week, the only two players that are usually playing are Slöetjes and Naz; while rest change quite often. What I meant in overall is, Vakifbank's game looks same although they play with different middles, different spikers etc.

About having alternatives, Fenerbahce has quite many options as OH as well including: Bosetti, KYK, Mihajlovic, Seyma, Meliha. Besides, Harmotto can play more games as well. The main problem in Fenerbahce is lack of good quality local players which limits Abbondanza making rotations. Meliha is a big dissapointment and Seyma did not get many chances yet. Same with the setter Ezgi.

For the earlier comment about Vakifbank dominating the league so far, half of the season is played and they obviously played the best quality volleyball compared to other teams. They remind me their golden times 3-4 years ago. I see them as a strong candidate personally.

If Robin played 4 games, Harmotto played 2 games.
    If Melis played 4 games, Avci played 4 games + 1 set Vs Salihli.
    If Seda played 3-4 games, Seyma and Meliha played 4 games each.
    If Sheilla played only 2 or 3 games, Mihajlovic played 6 games.
    If Cagla played 2 games , Ezgi played 2 games.
    We can say that Fener is also playing with different players every match..?

I don't agree with you about Seyma because Abbondanza is using her as much as possible and i think he recently prefer her on Meliha.

VakifBank 2012-2013 (73-0) is something that happens only one time :D , this team was literally UNBEATABLE, you cannot see a weak point in their game.
    This season i don't see anything special in Vakif, only a huge middle blockers + a strong Opp.
    They even lost the Supercup against Fener and had some troubles Vs Galatasaray without talking about the Vakif 3-2 Fener match.
    The last season Vakif dominated the regular season and everybody was expecting them to dominate the Turkish cup and the Champions league
    but at the end what happened..? They lost all the 3 cups in one month.
    Now they have some players that are hungry to win but no one can guarantee that we are not going to watch the same scenario as last year.

• Gomes..when you talk about Sheila ...remind me crovolley-fabris..

id like to watch sheila more indeed though lonneke is doing well

I really like Sheilla but sloetjes it's doing really well... I'm not complaining about Sheilla has not been the main starter right now or in this sEason( I think she will be the back up all the Season)

But she needs to get more time on court.. She is very important in Brazilian NT .. She has been solid for a decade! this is too much time for any player! and imagine that she is not even tall for her position.. Dani Knows how to use Sheilla in I hope to see her next season and another League

Natália or Tandara could fit much better in Turkish League

• Those stats do not mean much actually, if you look at number you are right. But then I checked it again in the federations website. For instance Seyma played 19 sets and Seda only 16, but obviously they count it when Seyma came in for only 1 backrow rotation or for only serves during a set. That explains why I had the feeling that Vakifbank played with different players all the time. They often start with a different six and keep them on the court almost entire game, with the exception of Cansu Cetin who seems to play 33 sets (??!!), more than Slöetjes with 32 sets. Can we really say that Cansu played more often than Slöetjes? No, because Cansu came in the game, in the middle of set, for receiving in the backrow and serving for only 1-2 rotations and federation counts these as she played an entire set, since it will be silly to count minutes she was in the game. Same applies for the matches they played. Another example can be Harmotto in that sense, she played only 2 sets of a 4 sets game, she was subbed after 2 sets and still counted as she played a match. That is very interpretable, so in overall what I mean is, numbers do not mean much unfortunately. Rather, when I watched Vakifbank, I saw them starting with a different six - often changing middles - and still keeping their high level and winning easily.

I agree about Seyma. Meliha has been useless since 2014 summer and Seyma deserves a chance. Considering Bosetti's low attacking contribution, I would rather use Seyma as OH with KYK and Mihajlovic as OPP.

To me, this Vakifbank looks unbeatable as well. Last season they played without an opposite, Sheilla was disaster. Now Lönneke fulfills that role very well. They also needed someone like Glinka as OH and here we have Buijs. Whenever Buijs fails, they have Kim Hill as sub or Seda or Cansu. Like you said, their middles are amazing. The only weak point in their team is now Libero position.

• Those stats do not mean much actually, if you look at number you are right. But then I checked it again in the federations website. For instance Seyma played 19 sets and Seda only 16, but obviously they count it when Seyma came in for only 1 backrow rotation or for only serves during a set. That explains why I had the feeling that Vakifbank played with different players all the time. They often start with a different six and keep them on the court almost entire game, with the exception of Cansu Cetin who seems to play 33 sets (??!!), more than Slöetjes with 32 sets. Can we really say that Cansu played more often than Slöetjes? No, because Cansu came in the game, in the middle of set, for receiving in the backrow and serving for only 1-2 rotations and federation counts these as she played an entire set, since it will be silly to count minutes she was in the game. Same applies for the matches they played. Another example can be Harmotto in that sense, she played only 2 sets of a 4 sets game, she was subbed after 2 sets and still counted as she played a match. That is very interpretable, so in overall what I mean is, numbers do not mean much unfortunately. Rather, when I watched Vakifbank, I saw them starting with a different six - often changing middles - and still keeping their high level and winning easily.

I agree about Seyma. Meliha has been useless since 2014 summer and Seyma deserves a chance. Considering Bosetti's low attacking contribution, I would rather use Seyma as OH with KYK and Mihajlovic as OPP.

To me, this Vakifbank looks unbeatable as well. Last season they played without an opposite, Sheilla was disaster. Now Lönneke fulfills that role very well. They also needed someone like Glinka as OH and here we have Buijs. Whenever Buijs fails, they have Kim Hill as sub or Seda or Cansu. Like you said, their middles are amazing. The only weak point in their team is now Libero position.

Maybe Vakif are winning their match easily, more than Fener.. But in the end Fener lost only 2 points and it was against Vakif, and Vakif lost only 1 point and it was against Fener.

Even though i love Meliha, because she is really a hardworker player but Seyma is performing well, better service and a better attacking percentage.. I think Meliha is attacking better from zone 2, i saw her few times playing as Opp with her NT and she was fine.

Yes Sheilla was a disaster last year but for me it's clear that's she is not the Opp that will fit in Vakif's system.. Vakif needs a powerful Opp who kills MANY balls with her height and muscles.. so here we should blame Guidetti, fortunately for Vakif that this season they made a good move by transferring Lonneke.

I'm sure this season is going to be the last one for Sheilla in Turkey and probably in Europe.

• Sheilla has said before she might retire after the Olympic Games next year.

She went to play in Turkey after while playing with Osasco where they did not make to the finals for the first time ever or in years, and she was blamed for a lot of people. SO she was not happy. ANd she wanted to play for the first time at the Champions League before retiring, once she never played the Champions before I think or win the tittle.

But still the level of the Brazilian Super League is still better than any League in Europe. Even the wrost team in Brazil could take down any European team. :teach:

• I don't agree with you at all.
    Did you watch last FIVB World Club Champ, your stronger team did't won against European team and you think that your weakest team can beat any European team :rolll: ???

And it was won by European teams not Brazilian team. :teach:

• Sheilla has said before she might retire after the Olympic Games next year.

She went to play in Turkey after while playing with Osasco where they did not make to the finals for the first time ever or in years, and she was blamed for a lot of people. SO she was not happy. ANd she wanted to play for the first time at the Champions League before retiring, once she never played the Champions before I think or win the tittle.

But still the level of the Brazilian Super League is still better than any League in Europe. Even the wrost team in Brazil could take down any European team. :teach:

I really recommend that you watch the last fivb World Club Championship :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• I really recommend that you watch the last fivb World Club Championship :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you should remember that Volero Zurich (host) and Dinamo Krasnodar (wild card) weren't the best European teams. So Brazil league is not that strong.