Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• If one libero is foreign, both are to be considered foreign.

So, if you start with Grebennikov libero on court and Pesaresi libero on the bench, you can put Pesaresi on court but only as foreign.

On the other hand, when Pesaresi is the italian (only) libero and Grebennikov is OH, if Pesaresi got injured you can replace him with Grebennikov, but then you will need three other italians on court obviously.

• MVP stats!

CLASSIFICA GIOCATORI

5 premi
    Simone Giannelli (Diatec Trentino)

3 premi
    Luca Vettori (Azimut Modena), Tsvetan Sokolov (Cucine Lube Civitanova), Uros Kovacevic (Calzedonia Verona), Giulio Sabbi (Exprivia Molfetta)

2 premi
    Osmany Juantorena e Micah Christenson (Cucine Lube Civitanova), Tine Urnaut (Diatec Trentino), Earvin Ngapeth (Azimut Modena), Ivan Zaytsev (Sir Safety Conad Perugia), Michele Baranowicz (Calzedonia Verona), Fernando Hernandez Ramos, Trevor Clevenot e Samuele Papi (LPR Piacenza), Christian Fromm (GI Group Monza), Radzivon Miskevich (Biosì Indexa Sora)

1 premio
    30 giocatori

CLASSIFICA MVP PER SQUADRA

9 premi
    Civitanova: Sokolov (4^, 8^, 9^), Juantorena (1^, 3^), Christenson (5^, 7^), Candellaro (2^), Cebulj (6^)

Trento: Giannelli (2^, 6^, 7^, 9^,10^), Urnaut (1^, 8^), Lanza (3^), Nelli (4^)

8 premi
    Modena: Vettori (1^,2^,7^), Ngapeth (3^,5^), Rossini (4^), Piano (6^), Holt (7^)

7 premi
    Perugia: Zaytsev (1^, 10^), Berger (2^), De Cecco (3^), Podrascanin (4^), Coscione (5^), Atanasijevic (9^)

6 premi
    Verona: Kovacevic (1^, 2^, 6^), Baranowicz (5^, 7^), Djuric (4^)

Piacenza: Hernandez (4^, 7^), Clevenot (6^, 8^), Papi (3^,10^)

5 premi
    Monza: Fromm (2^, 9^), Hirsch (3^), Dzavronok (6^), Verhees (8^)

4 premi
    Padova: Maar (1^), Fedrizzi (5^), Volpato (7^), Giannotti (10^)
    Molfetta: Sabbi (1^, 3^,10^), Joao Rafael (8^)
    Vibo: Rejlek (4^), Marra (8^), Geiler (9^), Coscione (10^)

3 premi
    Sora: Miskevich (5^, 9^), Rosso (10^)

2 premi
    Ravenna: Lyneel (2^), Torres (6^)

1 premio
    Latina: Fei (7^)
    Milano: Sbertoli (9^)

• If one libero is foreign, both are to be considered foreign.

So, if you start with Grebennikov libero on court and Pesaresi libero on the bench, you can put Pesaresi on court but only as foreign.

On the other hand, when Pesaresi is the italian (only) libero and Grebennikov is OH, if Pesaresi got injured you can replace him with Grebennikov, but then you will need three other italians on court obviously.

Ah ok, thank you for thr explanation.
    What a stupid rule!
    I think despite everything ,the biggest problem for Lube in big matches is the subpar performance of Juantorena.He totally disappears in big matches. :white: And of course the coach, Blengini. He needs to use Kovar effectively.

• So Piacenza is on fire at the moment. Wonder for how long will they keep it up.

• Despite losing the match, Lube is the 'Winter Champion' of the Superlega.

The top 3 is Lube (32), Trento (31), Modena (30), all of them with 11 victories and 2 defeats. Curious to notice/recall that Modena defeated both teams and Lube lost vs both.

Follows Perugia with 28 points, 10 victories and 3 defeat (against the top 3, so it's seem quite fair).

Here the mid-season complete final standing: Classifica

Here the 'Italian Cup' schedule:

Ottavi di finale

8° - 9° Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia - Kioene Padova
    The winner plays the quarterfinal vs Lube Civitanova (1°) in Civitanova.

5° - 12° Lpr Piacenza - 12° Exprivia Molfetta
    The winner plays the quarterfinal vs Sir Safety Perugia (4°) in Perugia.

The winners of these two quarterfinal play the semifinals against each others (I suppose in the court of the best-placed team in the standing).

---

6° - 11° Calzedonia Verona - 11° Biosì Indexa Sora
    The winner plays the quarterfinal vs Azimut Modena (3°) in Modena.

7° - 10° Gi Group Monza - Bunge Ravenna
    The winner plays the quarterfinal vs Diatec Trento (2°) in Trento.

The winners of these two quarterfinal play the semifinals against each others (I suppose in the court of the best-placed team in the standing).

• It is just me, but I find all these "Cups" such a waste of time. And this is for all leagues. Didn`t they just had some " Cup" before the season where Modena beat Perugia?! So why another one? Anyways I just don`t waste time watching these "non sense" "Cups".. :win:

• It is just me, but I find all these "Cups" such a waste of time. And this is for all leagues. Didn`t they just had some " Cup" before the season where Modena beat Perugia?! So why another one? Anyways I just don`t waste time watching these "non sense" "Cups".. :win:

That was Supercup and this is "normal" Cup :sos:

• My "Dream Tream"

Setter - Gianelli
    OP - Sokolov
    L - Grebennikov
    MB - Podrascanin
    MB - Verhees Piter
    OH - Joao Rafael
    OH - Ngapeth

Surprised with - Fei
    Disappointed with - Zaytsev/Juantorena

MVP - Sabbi.

• Interesting variation in Perugia's line-up today. In Atanasijevics absence, it looks like Berger played full-time receiving opposite and that Russell was freed from receiving duties. Did Russel attack from pos1 in backrow then?

http://www.legavolley.it/TabellinoGara.asp?IdGara=28735

• Interesting variation in Perugia's line-up today. In Atanasijevics absence, it looks like Berger played full-time receiving opposite and that Russell was freed from receiving duties. Did Russel attack from pos1 in backrow then?

http://www.legavolley.it/TabellinoGara.asp?IdGara=28735

You can watch a highlights video of the match here. It shows a limited amount of rallies, of course, but it looks like it happened just as you described it. You can even see Russell attacking from position 1 on 2 occasions in that video.

On a side note, this situation reminds me of a discussion in the Bulgarian volleyball community during the summer, the one concerning Chernokozhev's move to a big team abroad that early in his career. Dobrudzha, a team that could've surely performed otherwise in the Champions League qualifiers with Chernokozhev, playing regular volleyball for another year, in the roster, suffered most from his decision. A decision that led to the departure of some of his teammates, too. At the beginning of the season he was benched because Zaytsev replaced Atanasijevic, now he is benched because everyone else will be given court time but him. I hope he is happy with the comfort of the bench, I don't know if he is improving just passing the ball from the other half of Perugia's training court.

• It's a nice touch from the new coach of perugia. Reminds me of asian volleyball. It also helps for Berger to be a force in the defense and offense without compromising anything. He is not really a terminal hitter like Ivan, Aaron or Aleksandar so he usually is a liabity when Ivan is in the back and he is in front. I doubt De Cecco trust him on the pipe and either on the front alone as the LH1.It causes so much pressure on the passers to be always in system.

Interesting variation in Perugia's line-up today. In Atanasijevics absence, it looks like Berger played full-time receiving opposite and that Russell was freed from receiving duties. Did Russel attack from pos1 in backrow then?

Velizar needs to improve defensively. He was like a sitting duck a lot of times wben he's being called to dig.Until then,he's on the bench and I hope it motivates him to improve.

Hes a big guy I know but even Renan or Muserskiy are better defenders than him and he's smaller. :tzz:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• It's a nice touch from the new coach of perugia. Reminds me of asian volleyball. It also helps for Berger to be a force in the defense and offense without compromising anything. He is not really a terminal hitter like Ivan, Aaron or Aleksandar so he usually is a liabity when Ivan is in the back and he is in front. I doubt De Cecco trust him on the pipe and either on the front alone as the LH1.It causes so much pressure on the passers to be always in system.

Berger is a weak blocker, for instance, and Russell is a weak receiver but does that mean they shouldn't play or that they should only play when they master those elements? Of course not. No one denies Chernokozhev's weak defensive skills, exactly the desire to learn and improve led to the decision to leave Dobrudzha in the first place, even if Perugia may have been too big a step at first. The fact is that Velizar is not yet ready to be a starter in a team like Perugia, no matter what he does in training. This is why I was against that move during the summer, against an out-of-form Padova was one of the best moments for him to play a bit right now and the fact that it didn't happen proves this whole transfer might've been more wrong than right. I really hope he has improved a bit since joining the Italians but there is no way to see that and it surely isn't the pace one would expect him to lead.

There is perhaps something else. Maybe Kovac had more intention to play with him but now that he is gone I have no idea what Bernardi thinks.

• Berger is a weak blocker, for instance, and Russell is a weak receiver but does that mean they shouldn't play or that they should only play when they master those elements? Of course not. No one denies Chernokozhev's weak defensive skills, exactly the desire to learn and improve led to the decision to leave Dobrudzha in the first place, even if Perugia may have been too big a step at first. The fact is that Velizar is not yet ready to be a starter in a team like Perugia, no matter what he does in training. This is why I was against that move during the summer, against an out-of-form Padova was one of the best moments for him to play a bit right now and the fact that it didn't happen proves this whole transfer might've been more wrong than right. I really hope he has improved a bit since joining the Italians but there is no way to see that and it surely isn't the pace one would expect him to lead.

There is perhaps something else. Maybe Kovac had more intention to play with him but now that he is gone I have no idea what Bernardi thinks.

I understand but I would be more worried if Berger doesn't show stability in the attack than Velizar not having playing time. He's not really a terrible blocker and he's also a good server. He has a lot of upsides that needs modification. We need him to be playing okay so some of the starters could breathe. He's Perugia's best option from the bench and as a reliever if one of the three bombers from the wings gets injured.

Aaron seems to be in a crisis after Rio but no reason to bench him if he's healthy. He was still the best option of De Cecco out of system and when dealing with triple blocks during Aleksandr's injury. I guess he's homesicked now that the realization that Sam Holt is gone from Perugia and he probably has no one to talk to in the club.

I guess Fromm is missed more than we thought he wasn't. Having two tall WS that can be superstars in any other team really hurt Perugia's chances on getting a player like Fromm who can sub in when Ivan or Aaron are feeling low. Berger and Della Lunga don't really present any competition to their starter status.

About Kovac and Velizar. Kovac didn't give him any chance against Sora :wall: that's when I knew he has really no clearly plans for him unless he improves on the defense. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Today big match Verona - Piacenza at 6 pm

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Today big match Verona - Piacenza at 6 pm

I think Piacenza's at the point where everyone is able to adapt to their game. They are good passers but their attack is very predictable at times.

Meanwhile Padova needs to fix their opposite problem. The right side isn't scoring too much and James Shaw is very predictable when the first pass is terrible. Poor technique.

Perugia and Modena seemed out of sorts, lately while Perugia has a problem with Russell... It's like the guy doesn't even want to play against Sora. But I have to give it that this may be just a holiday down moment for him.

Modena's problems maybe more on the fact they rested Petric and thought it was going to be an easy game.

#FreeBritney

• Some important matches today

Padova-Modena
    Ravenna-Perugia
    Monza-Verona
    Piacenza-Molfetta
    Vibo Valentia-Milano

#FreeBritney

• Our biggest problem right now is the bad reception. Last year, with Bruno, even with that he was able to solve any problems. Orduna cannot do it, so we can't use our biggest gun: the MBs... Moreover, we err too many serve and Petric is always labored due to too much injuries during the last year: he's not the GREAT player he used to be (IMHO the best OH of the Italian league during the season 2014/15)

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Our biggest problem right now is the bad reception. Last year, with Bruno, even with that he was able to solve any problems. Orduna cannot do it, so we can't use our biggest gun: the MBs... Moreover, we err too many serve and Petric is always labored due to too much injuries during the last year: he's not the GREAT player he used to be (IMHO the best OH of the Italian league during the season 2014/15)

Well he got Lucas to be fair.

And they won supercoppa without Bruno.

It's not really as bad as you think. I think the teams are just competitive this year with
    Modena losing some bench depth particularly to the position Petric or Ngapeth holds. Milos could pretty much play in their positions last year.

#FreeBritney