2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• USA is not really playing well but something in Poland's camp that makes me feel like they've resigned themselves from taking VNL seriously.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Muzaj reminds me of Renan Buiatti a lot. Same physical build, same inconsistency.

I disagree. One is not aggressive enough with his swing and the other one is too aggressive.

Lefties are really tricky to set anyway. I think most coaches and setters like rights in my opinion.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• is it Poland choking or Americans made less errors ?( - USA had 13 :!: in 1st set and yet won

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• is it Poland choking or Americans made less errors ?( - USA had 13 :!: in 1st set and yet won

Choking are for teams that are clear cut above another team.

I would say Poland started creating errors of their own which helped USA make less.

#FreeBritney

• Lemanski. :gone:

I think he has some potential but maybe he needs guidance and advice from the trainers of Muserskiy? Clearly there's a difference with the timing and the height of the set. I don't believe Muserskiy goes crazy with his jump. There's some factor there that the polish trainers don't know about. I hope I am right because Lemanski should be a world class middle blocker with his height alone. :white:

#FreeBritney

• USA is not really playing well but something in Poland's camp that makes me feel like they've resigned themselves from taking VNL seriously.

Yes, exactly. Heynen said that they are in France to play two matches and get some practice for young players. He still rotates the squad. The players are not physically fit to play against strong teams.

• From a traditionalist point of view, this "throwing pushing" of the ball is taking a bit overhand nowadays.....

Totally agree, and it seems to be Heynen's favourite attacking option :roll:

Fun fact: in lower leagues, referees would never let this pass, but on world level players are allowed to throw :aww:

• USA has depth in pos 4 but ugh... all these injuries is still crazy after Jaeschke's ACL tear. It doesn't look that bad for Sander though.

#FreeBritney