Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• Sander should be starter. Medei is better to play with the american and one between (what is left of) Juantorena and (Crystall) Kovar. Pity they need 3 italians on court. At least he's not wasting time on Candellaro, leaving Cester on bench.

• Stankovic is their best middle blocker so that is still a hard decision.

I think next season... they should try to get Buti or Birarelli. That would ensure quality without thinking so much about the foreign player limit.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• OMG,to me that 3-0 for Latina was so surprising that I read it as a 3-0 for Lube at the first moment xD

Perugia is still kicking everybody, first time Milan doesn't win at least a set. Same for Modena, another 3-0!

I was too late to follow these two matches but I could enjoy a lot of the 4th set and now the 5th (not that enjoyable so far) set of the third most interesting match for me: Padova-Verona.

Poor choice to show Vibo-Monza imho..

• Alen Pajenk is unbelievable. I think he's the best middle blocker of this league right now.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• It is really stupid of legavolley to lock the most important and anticipated matches off Rai Sports. :down: I also do not understand they are doing their absolute best to make people not catch up to the games by having just one time slot. Even with the subscription... watching this league can be a chore. :read:

#FreeBritney

• It is really stupid of legavolley to lock the most important and anticipated matches off Rai Sports. :down: I also do not understand they are doing their absolute best to make people not catch up to the games by having just one time slot. Even with the subscription... watching this league can be a chore. :read:

Every team at the end of the season will have the same number of matches on Raisport. I don't know what to say, I would like a meritocratic standard in order to distribute the market pools, but Italy is the country of corporatism :whistling:

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Bad week for Milano. After suffering losses... they had the luck to have two important players injured. Sbertoli with a metatarsal fracture(6-8 weeks) and Fanuli with a meniscus lesion(google translate lol could be rupture idk).

Milano's main offense is Nimir. Sbertoli has nice connection with Nimir so if the reserve cant replicate that then they are going to be in a big trouble. Cebulj is available so that can help a lot but knowing both Klinkenberg and Cebulj are suspect when it comes to their reception and with their experienced libero gone. I am expecting some "winnable" losses along the way.

#FreeBritney

• There are also rumours of Javad Manavinejad leaving Verona for Sarmayeh.

#FreeBritney

• He has a contract but I think he played very little. It's no clear if he is the one that wants to go (to be titular - I guess - in Iran), or if it's Verona that didn't find him enough useful/good/ok so prefer to earn money giving him away and use it for an opposite (that they have to take anyway).

Other news: Monza-Vibo may be replayed or something because during the 3rd set a point was mistakenly taken from Monza.
    It was 15-12 for them, then Vibo scored and it was 15-13.
    At this point Monza asked for an in/out check, it was out, then Vibo asked for a touch, and it was touched, so they rightfully kept the point. Problem is, it should have stayed 15-13, but instead a point was taken from Monza so it was 14-13.
    A few points later (14-15 that should have been 15-15) Falasca - Monza coach - complained about it and the second referee listened to him but despite checking with the official records, asked if 14-15 was right to Vibo scoutmen on the bench. :aww:

• Milano will probably aire the dutch setter Daan Van Haarlem, (it seems Abdel Aziz suggested his name).
    Since Berlin Recycling Volleys has Kuhner and is announcing Pujol he is also too much there.

I had actually thought Pujol could have been a possibility if he hadn't signed with Berlin yet :lol:

Ps where is playing Uriarte?

• Milano will probably aire the dutch setter Daan Van Haarlem, (it seems Abdel Aziz suggested his name).
    Since Berlin Recycling Volleys has Kuhner and is announcing Pujol he is also too much there.

I had actually thought Pujol could have been a possibility if he hadn't signed with Berlin yet :lol:

Ps where is playing Uriarte?

Sounds like a very bad idea. I don't think the dutch setter did spectacular during the World League.

And this is not great for Taylor Averill. If they get a foreign setter then the choice will be even crazier. Maybe Galassi can have playing time. Piano is becoming inconsistent so this can be a problem.

(Nicolas Uriarte is playing in Brazil for Sada Cruzeiro.)

#FreeBritney

• I think Civitanova vs. Trentino is the match to watch today. Interested in seeing what they do after that 3-0 upset to Latina last week.

• What happened to Vettori?

#FreeBritney

• I think Civitanova vs. Trentino is the match to watch today. Interested in seeing what they do after that 3-0 upset to Latina last week.

Modena-Verona match seems exciting too.

I feel a lot of the matches today could be good.

#FreeBritney

• Nothing was said about possible injury and he did enter for Zingel to serve, so it's a technical choose or a very little physical problem.
    Another change in Trento: De Pandis is playing both in reception and defense.
    Also the last match it was like that, but Chiappa was in white shirt as the others (and Kovaceciv wasn't even on the bench), this time instead he is a libero. Anyway, last time he only entered once for Vettori to dig on break phase (so not to receive)

• Yeah I'm still not liking how we play... And I think Teppan may be in for the block.
    Some terrible serve mistakes to start with (and a lot of serve error in general), not killed free balls, confusion... despite that imho we don't seem to be that far from this Lube, though... At least so far...
    In fact I think the match isn't that amazing, yes, good actions, but also many tips for difficult sets, strange situation etc...