2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Well, this has been an wonderful tournament of volleyball for me (even though my team didn't end up very well) ;(

New faces, new places. And even though I think BRA v TUR is the real final, it's cool the way it turned out. Brazil owns this tournament (WGP) in terms of medals, but Turkey may usher in a new era under a new name (VNL). This doesn't seem like a fluke for TUR. I think they're here to stay for a while. If they beat Brazil tonight they will be so pumped up they'll crush whoever comes out of USA v CHN :super:

I've liked Brazil from the get-go, so on first blush I'm rooting for them. But I love a Cinderella Story even if it includes an Wicked Gui Stepmother. This is the best kind of match, where I won't know who I'm rooting for until it's half over. It'll be based on who looks better, even if they are losing.

In game 2, if China loses it'll be a wake up call. Honestly, it surprises me that even China's so-called B team loses any matches. They seem that good to me, but what do I know? USA seems choke-y, but also very talented. At first blush I'm rooting for China but I like a good wake up call. Life will be more interesting if China loses. Sure ... if only Zhang Changning were here. Well ... if only Miyu Nagaoka were here, Japan would ....

I've never liked USA much, what with their jerseys and all, but they grew on me this tournament, so I get another match where I won't know who I'm rooting for until it's half over.

It's going to be a rough night with Match #1 starting at Midnight and Match #2 at 4:45 AM. Hard to stay up late and get up early. ;(

• i just finished US x TUR. foluke was oddly ineffective... i think she got 3 kills, and 2 were on overpasses. she doesn't seem to like lloyd's sets, and hancock didn't even set her -- by then, i guess they gave up on her. even gibby and dixon (sharing the position) had more kills. bartsch -- coming off the bench -- was the decider...

• :wall: You cherry picked my comments and then you accuse me for being provocative by distorting the context. What a dishonest piece of s... you're. An user had recently said you're a real b-word. I can't agree more. You have problems with the Italian Fans, then with the Chinese fans, then with the Russian fans, then with the Dutch Fans and then with Italian fans again. Who will be the next? :cursing: You also need to buy some tinfoil hats.

• You guys are interrupting our important discussion of hairstyle malfunctions!
    :offtopic:

• Anyway to watch free live semi final?

If you are in Germany, or can use a VPN to pretend that you are, you can watch it at sportdeutschland.tv

There is almost always a crappy stream here

Otherwise, when the match starts, search Youtube for "VNL 2018" and Filter: "Live", and cross your fingers.

• I believe the final will be between usa vs brazil. brazil has bigger chance to be the champion. Winning fivb grand prix is their tradition! :teach:

For my point of view, serbia plays well against usa~~~~ they are using two new outside hitter who are far away from the level of miha and malesevic. Serbia will still be the strongest team in WCH2018.

For China vs brazil, Langping turns the match to training match again. It is great choice to train young players in this match. The ball distribution is totally different from the one vs netherlands and she did not free zhuting's reception when the important moment came. And she gives lots of chance to different young players.

• I believe the final will be between usa vs brazil. brazil has bigger chance to be the champion. Winning fivb grand prix is their tradition! :teach:

For my point of view, serbia plays well against usa~~~~ they are using two new outside hitter who are far away from the level of miha and malesevic. Serbia will still be the strongest team in WCH2018.

For China vs brazil, Langping turns the match to training match again. It is great choice to train young players in this match. The ball distribution is totally different from the one vs netherlands and she did not free zhuting's reception when the important moment came. And she gives lots of chance to different young players.

most of the balls were distributed since the initial line of brazil was well watched by brazil...

• Tandara's pipe attacks are very strong :white: Why doesn't she attack from zone 1? :teach:

Turkey is serving towards Suelen so fa, which is odd because she has been a very stable receiver throughout this tournament ?(

• Finally we are serving against Amanda and it clearly works better :whistle:

• Brazil looks a little sleepy

• Turkey is toying with Brazil. "Anything you can do I can do better" Amusing

• TUR is playing so brave :obey: It looks like they don't care whoever they play against. I really like this new team. Good job Guidetti!

• Turkey is toying with Brazil. "Anything you can do I can do better" Amusing

Exactly, I hope they don't get nervous at the end of set

• TUR is playing so brave :obey: It looks like they don't care whoever they play against. I really like this new team. Good job Guidetti!

Agree

• Great first set :cheesy: Eda is making a huge difference, she has been playing at this level since she was very young that's why she might be the most experienced one on the court right now. Since Zehra is also playing as starter at such an early age, I hope she will reach Eda's level soon :super: