Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• Every team misses something to secure the fifth place. I still would go with Beylikduzu, since they 'just' miss mostly experience and contribution from their middles.

• I agree on Zhu Ting, sure she does not receive like Kelsey Robinson and everyone knows I have critiqued her reception a lot in the past. I have to say though Zhu Ting is atm best OH in the world hands down and not just that I can also say she is the most all-around OH to me, I dont get why Gio subs her for Ayça at 22-12 when Ayça receives worse.

Gio wants Zhu to get some rest when she's on the back row. He did this all the time unless it's a real tough game or in clutch time. In that case, Vakif needs Zhu to do a back row spike to help the rotation. I agree Ayca sucked last night. But obviously Vakif still can handle that situation even with Zhu on bench.

• Zehra is really really really ambitious player, she already said years ago that her goal was to be the best MB in the world or among the bests. I hope she is not too hard on herself, her journey so far at this age is very successfull if you ask me :rose:

I kinda feel she has put too much pressure on herself. It takes time to achieve the goal. She need relex.

Look at Eda, how many years it took for her to become a top MB in Turkey.

• I kinda feel she has put too much pressure on herself. It takes time to achieve the goal. She need relex.

i remember Eda had always a prominent attacking style since she was playing for Beşiktaş with Arzu Göllü but if im not mistaken she was attacking on zone 3 , not as slider ... i cant remember Eda's block was this good or not...i think she has improved her blocking skills more by time

• Fener is very competitive this season, but they still have a boundary to break through if they wanna challenge a top team like ECZ and Vakif. They lost to both ECZ and Vakif in the same way - having a close game but could not hold on at the end of the set.

• Fener is very competitive this season, but they still have a boundary to break through if they wanna challenge a top team like ECZ and Vakif. They lost to both ECZ and Vakif in the same way - having a close game but could not hold on at the end of the set.

i think if Rabadzieva can contribute as desired then there are no reasons for Fener to resist better against those teams

i mean a good OPP (a rising star) +a good offensive OH +an all round OH (Rabadzieva)+good setter+ good MBs+good/ok liberos

• i remember Eda had always a prominent attacking style since she was playing for Beşiktaş with Arzu Göllü but if im not mistaken she was attacking on zone 3 , not as slider ... i cant remember Eda's block was this good or not...i think she has improved her blocking skills more by time

I was impressed by Eda's blocking in that amazing game: 2016-17 Turkey semi final. Fener was down 7:13 and 10:14 against ECZ in set 5, but made an unbelievable comeback to win the game. Eda's blocking saved them.

Eda moves quickly, so she could do a fast spike at pos 2 or at pos 3. And moving fast is a also a key for blocking.

• I was impressed by Eda's blocking in that amazing game: 2016-17 Turkey semi final. Fener was down 7:13 and 10:14 against ECZ in set 5, but made an unbelievable comeback to win the game. Eda's blocking saved them.

Eda moves quickly, so she could do a fast spike at pos 2 or at pos 3. And moving fast is a also a key for blocking.

Eda also attacks well on zone 3 too but the setters dont use her on zone 3 a lot..btw : i meant when she was young if she was a good blocker or not i cant remember..

• It would make sense if Naz goes to Fener. This would enable Bricio, Dobriana and Vargas to be on court at the same time.

I think this will happen. Terzic doesnt have patience with Ana anymore and she can't deliver the game she once delivered, so i think Naz in Fener could be possible and really appreciated.

• I kinda feel she has put too much pressure on herself. It takes time to achieve the goal. She need relex.

Eda was the main scorer of her team since she was 16 years old. :roll: Those kind of players almost always show their talent under 20 years old. The only exception I can remember was Gözde Kırdar

• I think it really depends on the player, some huge talents show their skills already pre 20 years old but we cannot expect this of anyone. Most are on their peak from their 20s to their late 20s. And there are some players that age like fine wine and that are on peak even after 30.

:serve:

• I think it really depends on the player, some huge talents show their skills already pre 20 years old but we cannot expect this of anyone. Most are on their peak from their 20s to their late 20s. And there are some players that age like fine wine and that are on peak even after 30.

:serve:

Only a few (except setters) reach their peak after 30, I can only think of Simona Gioli. On the other hand, most of the top MBs were already a big deal when they were under 20, such as Veljkoviç, Chirichella, Fetisova, Danesi, Bonifacio, Xinyue

• Only a few (except setters) reach their peak after 30, I can only think of Simona Gioli. On the other hand, most of the top MBs were already a big deal when they were under 20, such as Veljkoviç, Chirichella, Fetisova, Danesi, Bonifacio, Xinyue

Thats my point, there's some that can still be great after reaching 20 and few above 30. But I guess it's your opinion on some of those MBs being top MBs, I'd rather think of Maja Poljak, Fabiana, Thaisa, Eda Erdem, Rasic.

Danesi is for me the best amongst those and a top player, Veljkovic maybe lacks some things in her game like great blocking but yea she is also amazing. I'm not sure about the others tbh...

• Thats my point, there's some that can still be great after reaching 20 and few above 30. But I guess it's your opinion on some of those MBs being top MBs, I'd rather think of Maja Poljak, Fabiana, Thaisa, Eda Erdem, Rasic.

Danesi is for me the best amongst those and a top player, Veljkovic maybe lacks some things in her game like great blocking but yea she is also amazing. I'm not sure about the others tbh...

I mentioned about only the active top players. The players you've mentioned were also fantastic in a very early age anyway. Poljak won ECh silver medal when she was only 16 and she was playing in OG at 17, best blocker of CL at 21. Fabiana was in OG at the age of 19. Furst was best blocker at WCh at the age of 21. Rasic was already pretty good when she was 20. To me, if a player didn't prove herself until 20-21, it is very unlikely that she will turn into something big. That's why this season is very critical for both zehra and ebrar to show what they are really capable of.

• you have a point. However, that is not applicable to all especially in USAs case since most of their players are from NCAA. When they graduate from college they will be at least 22 years old. But we still see a lot of good american players who are already in their mid 20s or nearing 30s.

• i remember Eda had always a prominent attacking style since she was playing for Beşiktaş with Arzu Göllü but if im not mistaken she was attacking on zone 3 , not as slider ... i cant remember Eda's block was this good or not...i think she has improved her blocking skills more by time

what I remember is, she was attacking as slider as well.

I remember that year she shined in BJK, she played very good both in TL and CL, she was their best scorer and she used to have jump serve. After that season, she went to Youth Championship with BJK youth team, I think Sakarya, she was doing everything in that youth team. Only other player I can remember from that youth team is Yeliz Basa. They played against Eczacibasi in the final. Eczacibasi was the favorite because they had Neriman as OPP, Naz as Setter, Selime and Yagmur Kocyigit as OH, Nesve and Merve Dalbeler as MB. But BJK (I mean EDA) won against all the odds and became the champion. BJK TV broadcasted the matches of BJK youth team or maybe just Semi Final and Final. I also remember their match against Ilbank, Seda Tokatligolu and Duygu Bal was there.

• what I remember is, she was attacking as slider as well.

I remember that year she shined in BJK, she played very good both in TL and CL, she was their best scorer and she used to have jump serve. After that season, she went to Youth Championship with BJK youth team, I think Sakarya, she was doing everything in that youth team. Only other player I can remember from that youth team is Yeliz Basa. They played against Eczacibasi in the final. Eczacibasi was the favorite because they had Neriman as OPP, Naz as Setter, Selime and Yagmur Kocyigit as OH, Nesve and Merve Dalbeler as MB. But BJK (I mean EDA) won against all the odds and became the champion. BJK TV broadcasted the matches of BJK youth team or maybe just Semi Final and Final. I also remember their match against Ilbank, Seda Tokatligolu and Duygu Bal was there.

Merve Dalbeler as MB ? are you sure of that ?i remember she was an OH before libero

• Merve Dalbeler as MB ? are you sure of that ?i remember she was an OH before libero

yes, I am sure about that. I was suprised as well but I believe it was a one time thing, maybe they had OHfs but no MB and they didn’t want to let her or anyother promising player on the bench. It was in young team after all.