Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• though I also hope for Ebrar I wouldn't mind Vargas with Turkish citizenship tbh :P its a waste of talent otherwise! Cuban NT is a mess... And she will probably not return to them just like Salas, Rachel etc..

Cuba is offensive player production factory ! :cheesy: i will miss Salas a lot

• Is Robinson the new Aydemir? Because I give up right now.

She has to cover both Zhu and Gizem and still does the job. And spiking those trash sets she is quite ok, IMHO.

#RobinsonIsTheNewAydemir

we all agree Rasic needs to play and I agree part of KR’s offensive struggle is due to Cansu. I guess it depends on who is more ready to play: backup oh or opp

• we all agree Rasic needs to play and I agree part of KR’s offensive struggle is due to Cansu. I guess it depends on who is more ready to play: backup oh or opp

Not only Kelsey. Zhu killed many balls just because of her power against a bad positionated block or spiking reach. Cansu's setting is generally weaker for the OHs. There was a ball in the 4th set, God only knows how Zhu killed it between the blockers and the net, that pissed Guidetti off: you could clearly see him calling Cansu and telling her to set higher.

• Not only Kelsey. Zhu killed many balls just because of her power against a bad positionated block or spiking reach. Cansu's setting is generally weaker for the OHs. There was a ball in the 4th set, God only knows how Zhu killed it between the blockers and the net, that pissed Guidetti off: you could clearly see him calling Cansu and telling her to set higher.

sure she had some bad sets (which setter doesn have ? ) but what matters is her whole execution during the match..also considering Fener's servers..she did her job , imo..sure she is young and needs to develope to be stable

• Not only Kelsey. Zhu killed many balls just because of her power against a bad positionated block or spiking reach. Cansu's setting is generally weaker for the OHs. There was a ball in the 4th set, God only knows how Zhu killed it between the blockers and the net, that pissed Guidetti off: you could clearly see him calling Cansu and telling her to set higher.

I saw that too. As I said Candy was pretty bad, Unfortunately there is no room to play another foreigner at setter. One thing I don’t like about KR is that you don’t just tip the ball when the set is bad. Try something harder during those situations: find the block hands or the gaps between defenders, just making the defender a little more difficult, I think that’s what Coach told her during one TO, vakifbank is not a defensive team, giving up the ball like that is almost equal to giving up points. Obviously she didn’t learn much during national team season as Jordan Larson is great in that regard.

• btw..the commentator of TRT drove me crazy during the match by confusing the players' names with one another

Ahahahaahaa in the BJK match btw everybody was Jerkov! Belien, Janset, Rykhliuk, Ceren and Mia herself were all called Jerkov at some point.

• It sounds like it was a great match, Fener-Vakif! Melissa Vargas is doing an excellent job replacing Rahimova (something I'm sure many were doubting it could be done), and Bricio is proving to be as big an asset as she was thought of when she came in the off-season!

I'm not sure how much longer Milena will handle the absence of playing time in good spirits, especially because of the fact that she is forced to not play due to a screwed-up roster, and other player's faults, and not her own bad form/play. How will it affect her mentally, and how much it will dim her enthusiasm for club's success (she is just someone who is NOT accustomed to be treated as anything other than a crucial player)?

• Btw, does anyone know what's up with stats for Galatasaray-Besiktas match on the official site? It seems not to be working...

• Just watched the game. I have to say Vakif was lucky to win this game.

Cansu's setting was bad most of the time. Either Zhu or Sloetjes can not spike in a comfortable position. Withou Rasic, Vakif's blocking was weak. Zehra, Kubra or Melis moved too slow to help blocking. Zhu is solid as always.

Fener's serves had a marked impact on Vakif's reception. Vargas and Bricio made some great spikes. But unforced errors in clutch time cost their game.