Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• We always knew that setters were BY FAR the weakest link for Eczacibasi. Gamze and Ezgi will only ever be "underwhelming" in the company of world-class teammates, it's just a matter of how much underwhelming. They may turn out to be "not bad enough" to stop the team from winning titles.

• Say what you will about the level of the play, but by goodness, what a beautiful technique Bricio has...her serve and spiking are so aesthetically pleasing!

• Each set was pretty close. Set 3 seems to be a blowout. Fener made a comeback but can not nail the set point. Fener's unforced errors and poor reception in clutch time cost the game. I did not check the stats, but I think Fatma is a big problem for Fener. Sila also set some bad balls that are too close to net.

• Congrats. to Eczacı

sets were close , Vitra managed to win in 3 sets though

shortly, Tijana and Kim attacked, Beyza and Lauren blocked

their passing was unexpectedly weak..so Gamze couldnt run her team at an optimal level. she needs to improve on her setting, connection with

Fener's gunners Vargas and Bricio offensively played a weak game ..only Eda played a good match, the rest of the players' percents vary btw 27 and 32

Fatma's main task in this team is to receive and defend then attack if needed..she wasnt good at passing compared to her perf. against Vakıf. yet her reception stats were better than all the players on the floor ..as i said she should pass better

Vargas's perf. will decide how far Fener can go against the good teams like Eczacı..she is the main gunner and should always play on a certain level making a certain number of points etc..

• on yesterday's matches :

THY won in 3 sets though sets were close. Both teams received on a good level and made few reception mistakes.

Ruseva must be the best blocker of VVSL so far. THY's wings' percents are low. the MBs were the best of THY.

OH Lee and MB Ergül appear to have been better players of Beylikdüzü..Drews played a weak game

i thought Nilüfer could win but Karayolları won in 4 sets..seems if Marina Tumas plays well Karayolları wins

this has been Bailey 's best match so far

the difference occured in passing and blocking in favor of Karayolları

i thought Halkbank would win against a team playing almost only with the domestic players but Çanakkale won in 3 sets..kind of surprise to me..Melis Durul played better 3 weeks later after having played weakly .

Halkbank's reception seems horrible..weak perf by Fulden weeks later..Hande Naz,Burcu Yüzgenç and Sara Sakradzija were the bettter players of Halkbank

so Halkbank seems to be currently the weakest team of VVSL

• Meryem is playing bad last two games, but I also notice she cannot stretch her body fully with the sets she gets, they need to work on this... Galatasaray should have transferred Ezgi Dilik

• Vakif is missing Rasic for her blocking but they can't put Ebrar over Sloetjes She is not ready yet. She made 0/6 with error in attack, and they can't put Tugba over Robinson. They need stabile reciver. They will look much stronger in CL than in Turkish league this season...

• VB got the set, Zhu struggled in reception a bit in the end. And many service errors from both sides. Set 2 will be better I hope... Nursevil lol, she's lucky Jackson can still spike with her sets

• to be honest #CansuisthenewNaz

People hating on her but tbh I have yet to see a bad match of her after EczV. Those sets to Lonneke and Zhu :super: