2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Mark my words the ELO rating system will fuck up the world rankings.

the new system will be better because it is using set wins, which is what I had used in my own ranking system. However, I had both teams earning points in the match if they won at least 1 set.

Now the question is how far back the ELO numbers go.

The video said that the test started January 1, 2019. And South Korea (as the example) had 238 points in January 2019.

I am guessing that 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 match results were included. The video shows a South Korea’s win over Brazil in World Cup and then loss to USA.
    the video shows them at 11 with 250 points at end of World Cup.

Serbia, Brazil, USA, Italy and China will be in the top 5 in my opinion. Netherlands, Turkey, Russia, Japan and DR 6-10.

• Volleyball in Asia is tough to develop for a multitude of things. Money is the secondary issue. It comes after politics/power over the governing bodies. Most of the time, the people handling the federations are total morons and know nothing about volleyball - only the power. This leads to stunted development and the non-establishment of a program to begin with. All issues faced are "fixed" by patch-up works.

Speaking from experience from here in the Philippines. There are two bodies fighting for the governing unit rights of the VB National Teams. 1 is backed by the National Olympic Commission. The other one is the one recognized by FIVB. It's all shit and all because players are the ones suffering. Instead of being able to play in continental competitions, they keep on fighting until the deadline for submitting lineups is past, and then nothing is really done. All bickering, no results.

• Volleyball in Asia is tough to develop for a multitude of things. Money is the secondary issue. It comes after politics/power over the governing bodies. Most of the time, the people handling the federations are total morons and know nothing about volleyball - only the power. This leads to stunted development and the non-establishment of a program to begin with. All issues faced are "fixed" by patch-up works.

Speaking from experience from here in the Philippines. There are two bodies fighting for the governing unit rights of the VB National Teams. 1 is backed by the National Olympic Commission. The other one is the one recognized by FIVB. It's all shit and all because players are the ones suffering. Instead of being able to play in continental competitions, they keep on fighting until the deadline for submitting lineups is past, and then nothing is really done. All bickering, no results.

Is it the reason why there are so many leagues in Philippines? I never get the competitions over there.

• Is it the reason why there are so many leagues in Philippines? I never get the competitions over there.

The two leagues are some of the effects. National OlyComm-endorsed body, the Larong Volleyball ng Pilipinas (LVPI) handles the PSL (Philippine Superliga). Then there's the FIVB-recognized body, Philippine Volleyball Federation (PVF) that has close ties to the PVL (Premier Volleyball League).

I know it's messed up. It really is. And these leagues don't even follow the FIVB/AVC calendars so when national teams are being assembled, training is compromised because the players come from the two leagues and when there are compets (Asian Games 2018, SEA Games, AVC Challenge Cup), they coincide with the local leagues.

Apart from that, the players PRIORITIZE their club teams as to "respect their contracts" instead of finishing trainings with the national team.

It's that complicated here in the Philippines. We are a volleyball-crazy country with shitty federation officials so even if we have physical players, we can't really contend due to lack of support, a program, a federation that has a vision, etc.

F*CK.

• That's so sad... 😔 it seems to work for Netherlands and Philippines.

How about everyone else? I guess it's just specifically blocked in Germany because of tv rights on their own team.

Works in Italy too.

One could only hope they will show the match on German tv, but knowing how things work there, they will probably show a third division football match, biathlon and maybe a reality tv show.

• That's so sad... 😔 it seems to work for Netherlands and Philippines.

How about everyone else? I guess it's just specifically blocked in Germany because of tv rights on their own team.

Blocked in Brazil

• i think that the system before vnl was the best pne to alowed teams around the world to make progress.