2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• I do agree with you, they really make a huge difference. But I honestly don't want Goncharova to be overused against weak opponents due to her injury. Instead, I want Voronkova and Fetisova to support Natasha Goncharova in attack as much as possible.

What is Goncharova's injury?

• Watching the SER v THA replay. This Serbia squad is scary AF, especially with the awesome Busa out there :wavy: and Brankica with a little eyeliner happening. But who's this other Popovich MI character? I don't recognize her, do I?

Butch and Sundance with their jump serves is a nice touch :thumbup:

The rally that ended at 18-9 set 1 is for the history books :rolll: "Neither team deserved a point for that one, really" :rolll:

Thatdao's block two meters from the net against Bosko -- also for the history books :P

• Mina Popovic has been around at a high level for a while but due to injuries and Serbia's own strength in the MB position, she hasn't played too much for the NT.

• The loser would still likely win in their continental qualifications. It's really about Argentina vs. Puerto Rico 😂

Canada beat 3-0 Dominican Rep in last year Pan American Cup (a tournment which is very important for the caribbeans). In the last Pan American Cup (some weeks before), Domincan slightly beat maple girls 3-2. And Canada was without Autumn Bailey (due to injury).

So Dominican path is bit tougher than the one of Brazil. The southamerican hasnt lost a set in years (maybe more than 10) in CSV competitions.

• Canada beat 3-0 Dominican Rep in last year Pan American Cup (a tournment which is very important for the caribbeans). In the last Pan American Cup (some weeks before), Domincan slightly beat maple girls 3-2. And Canada was without Autumn Bailey (due to injury).

So Dominican path is bit tougher than the one of Brazil. The southamerican hasnt lost a set in years (maybe more than 10) in CSV competitions.

Huh. Didn't know Canada was this good. Did they improve recently?

• fivb keeps changing the criteria...

They have not changed the criteria for wins being the number 1 tiebreaker since 2015. Points will be second, then sets ratio and then points. If all are tied, then winner of last match between the tied teams.

• i don’t know, didn’t watch CAN x KOR, but the result doesn’t make me confident that CAN can beat DOM. i think DOM has a 40% chance against BRA tomorrow, but if they lose, their chances of taking the norceca spot is about 90%.

what’s up with PUR? why are they missing ocasio & santana? does anyone know their full roster in wroclaw? i could only see:

setters: valentin, santos, rivera

wings: enright, cruz, victoria, prieto, collazo

MBs: ortiz, jusino

libero: velez

who else is there?

i came home to watch POL x PUR, but then when i saw the score of BRA x AZE, i switched to that , so i saw most of the last 2 sets. what the heck was caprara doing yesterday starting with the young setter azimova and having her play entire match against DOM? what a wasted opportunity. and don’t they have a better backup OPP than gurbanova, who’s so ineffective? whatever happened to zhidkova or kulan?

• kim scored 37 points against canadians... Even though there was not much time for korea to cooperate with setters, but it's way too far....

Opposite kim heejin scored only 6 with 24%(5/17)

I'm blaming the setters for this. Lee Dayeong and Ahn Hyejin both like to use their Opposites while Lee Hyohee abuses her OH.

• Huh. Didn't know Canada was this good. Did they improve recently?

They are the new challenger team in the next VNL. So yes, they have improved in the last 5-6 years.

Canada with Bailey could be a headache for DOM, like it has been in the last matches. But without her, Canada chances dicreases. I am not sure if she will be ready for the Norceca Qualifier.

Btw, I didnt expect Castillo would come back in such a good form! It was a pleasure, like always, see her playing and setting better than Marte :teach:

• I was watching Germany versus Turkey, at the end the German girls weren’t strong enough and Lippmann definitely wasn’t at her 100% while Turkey’s #99 killed the balls when her team needed, I guess that’s the difference.

IMP Anna Pogany did a pretty good job, but well she’s not a Lenka Dürr...

Now go Czechia! I’m glad that Andrea Kossanyiova is alright, also nice to see Smidova (Vincourova) holding the captain badge.

• Canada beat 3-0 Dominican Rep in last year Pan American Cup (a tournment which is very important for the caribbeans). In the last Pan American Cup (some weeks before), Domincan slightly beat maple girls 3-2. And Canada was without Autumn Bailey (due to injury).

Without Bailey, who did a Grothues role in the team Canada somewhat looks completely lost, it gets even worse with some unforced serve errors. Richey is not a good passer neither is Gray.

• Turkey letting both #99 Ebrar Karakurt and captain Eda Erdem rest today. Meryem Boz and Kubra Akman will substitute for them.

It didn't have a positive impact on Czechia yet, let's see what they can do set 2. Turkey 25-15 Czechia

• without the service errors and other errors of Turkey this would be like 25-8 3 sets probably :rolll:

Where is Aneta Havlickova, these girls are not that strong.