2018 Asian Women's Volleyball Cup

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…_Women%27s_Volleyball_Cup

Thailand NT is Team A and the other four teams who participate in 2018 WCH are all Team B.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• September 16

Teams Results Stats
    KAZ v IRI
    2-3 - (25-23, 17-25, 25-19, 23-25, 6-15)
    P-2 (KAZ-IRI)
    CHN v VIE 3-0 - (25-17, 25-9, 25-12) P-2 (CHN-VIE)
    AUS v PHI 3-2 - (21-25, 21-25, 26-24, 25-16, 15-10) P-2 (AUS-PHI)
    JPN v KOR 1-3 - (25-21, 18-25, 27-29, 23-25) P-2 (JPN-KOR)

The JPN v KOR game was pretty fun. Korea was scrappy, anchored by the I don't know why she's relegated to this B Team awesome HAN Sooji, someone named Go, #1, and a fun, worried setter.

Japan was refreshing after slogging through a summer of A Team. Shiori Aratani (C) hit really well from OP. Her 18 y/old NEC team mate Nichika Yamada MB'd well, played the whole game--she's looks promising, too bad she won't see much playing time this upcoming season (NEC is MB stuffed). Nakagawa and Osanai were disappointing. I don't get Miyuki HORIE. She's a staple in all these U and B tournaments. I don't see anything there. Mai Irisawa (Hitachi) is listed at 189cm, which might be the tallest active Japanese player. She's 19 y/old and looks frightened, have to wait a while on her.

Marvel Comics Superhero Rei Kudo didn't play :(

• Thailand NT is Team A and the other four teams who participate in 2018 WCH are all Team B.

Thailand sent their A Team to play against Serena Williams in the Women's Tennis US Open. Do those girls ever rest?

• Thailand wants to win this tournament because it is the host and everyone else is preparing for WCH. Better not miss this opportunity to win something.

• I think had Thailand sent a mix of U19,U 23 plus a few more experienced non NT members, would have been fine instead of their main senior team.

on other note, its great seeing Rachel Rourke playing for AUS NT again. How long was she away from the NT anyway, like 3 or 4 years? I've only seen 2 matches vs Thailand back in 2012 and 13 with her playing. Then AUS didn't take part in next few AVC tournaments. And I think she didn't take part in WGP 2016 group 3 either or did she?

• chatchu'on would be there but she's out with an injury, a sprained ankle, I believe. Good for Thailand. That's a great bunch. They deserve some wins. I thought the performance they gave at the Asian games was going to come earlier, at the VNL, but alas. Excluding China, I bet they are the best Asian team at the WCh. Unless they're pooped out.

I wish I could see the Philippines game. Sad they lost, but I don't know anything about AUS.

pope can you reach that videostream.dn.ua site with the plugin? The site has been down for a spell. It's nice to have as a backup when youtube fails me. I'd hate to think it got busted or something.

• I'm not following women's volleyball very closely but looks like that was Iran's first ever win over Kazakhstan !

ps: I assume that's Kazakhstan's A team . right ?

• chatchu'on would be there but she's out with an injury, a sprained ankle, I believe. Good for Thailand. That's a great bunch. They deserve some wins. I thought the performance they gave at the Asian games was going to come earlier, at the VNL, but alas. Excluding China, I bet they are the best Asian team at the WCh. Unless they're pooped out.

I wish I could see the Philippines game. Sad they lost, but I don't know anything about AUS.

pope can you reach that videostream.dn.ua site with the plugin? The site has been down for a spell. It's nice to have as a backup when youtube fails me. I'd hate to think it got busted or something.

The videostream website is down....It has happened a few times in the past and they always come back after a few days. But their plugin is working perfectly fine for me... I hope you have it downloaded because I don`t know where you can download the extension ( I tried looking for in the past but could never find) besides doing it when the website is working. If you don`t have it download I`m afraid you gotta wait until the website is working again :(

• Any livestream for Philippines vs Iran please? :drink:

• For me Korea OP #1 Ha Hye-Jin and Japan OH #5 Aratani Shiori were the standout for their respective team. I also think Japan MB Yamada Nichika looked good in the middle too. It's a shame how little game time Hye-Jin gets at club level, she could have been as big as the Lee twins (FYI together they were driving force in their high school team and were the top 3 draft picks in 2014/15 season).

Australia must really be thankful to have Rachel Rourke playing for the NT again (she hasn't play for the NT for like 4 years now).

Philippines has a few members changes from the team at the Asian Games, most notable is the absent of Santiago. Looking at the stats, their reception cost them the match against Australia.

• #1 Ha Hye-Jin. I'm going to remember her name. I watched the game again and enjoyed the heck out of it. I really like that Korean B Team.

Watching JPN v THA now. The Japanese setter is using her MBs a lot and I'm liking it!

• Philippines has a few members changes from the team at the Asian Games, most notable is the absent of Santiago. Looking at the stats, their reception cost them the match against Australia.

PHI is also without their "Ms Everywhere" libero. Might contribute to some reception problems.

• I only caught the match from the end of the set 3 forward, but base on the scores. I'm not surprised Japan gave much resistance as always through out the first 3 sets, except the 4th set. Japan, no matter the age group, should never be taken lightly lol. This younger Japan squad is also much more aggressive and play faster than the senior team, though that can also be a downfall for them. I still like them either way. but congrats to Thailand.

• That was a good match. Only sign Thailand might be tired is they served a lot of errors .... and they should have killed this Japanese team instead of just beating them. Once they settled in with Nootsara and Pleumjit they walked away with it. I like this Japanese team, though. They played this Thai team better than the ongoing A Team malfunction did a month ago. And they threw in the towel in the last set leaving Aratani and Kudo on the bench.

• September 17, 2018. Day 2

Teams Results Stats
    TPE v CHN
    0-3 - (14-25, 20-25, 22-25) P-2 (TPE-CHN)
    AUS v KAZ 3-2 - (21-25, 25-20, 25-23, 20-25, 15-12) P-2 (AUS-KAZ)
    PHI v IRI 2-3 - (29-27, 16-25, 25-17, 12-25, 13-15) P-2 (PHI-IRI)
    THA v JPN 3-1 - (26-28, 25-21, 27-25, 25-17) P-2 (THA-JPN)