FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• I don't think they are more talented, but they played with a unity that is missing from the seniors. I think the coach contributed to that.

Any team can play united when you're not being dismantled by a more organized team. You can't commonly find that in teams below the senior ranks. That's not a difficult concept to understand.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Can the team of pretty just gets one set from the Caribbean queens? One set please... at least

Does anyone here recognize the beauty of Nizetich (sounds like a German name)? :wavy:

All these teams are full of beautiful women except Japan. :rolll:

I've been saying for a couple years that Japan won't win anything until they get past Yuki and Risa. I thought WCh was an improvement because Ishii came off the bench. When they can bench Shinabe they will be at their next level.

• Out of luck here for the pretty team.... just goes out in straight :S:huh: like the commentator said, this match should have gone into the 4th sets!!!!

DOM v ARG 3:0 (25-16, 25-23, 27-25)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Any team can play united when you're not being dismantled by a more organized team. You can't commonly find that in teams below the senior ranks. That's not a difficult concept to understand.

You've lost me now

• You've lost me now

Let me give you a hint.

Japan's U20 team's level is not that far off from Japan's senior team. The latter just have more experience.

Serbia's U20 team's level is considerably lower than Serbia's B team.

China's u20 team's level is just a spectre of dust compared to Zhu Ting's China.

Thank you.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Losing a set from 21-13 would be impossible, but ARG made it....

8 straight points from Dominican republic. Can't believe what I've just seen.

ARG just gave all points to brayelin, fresco work hard not to lose a set but the team was so unstable. No cperfect receptions, no attack points made from left and center, only to lose the game.

• Are you saying you don't think Japan's U20 could beat Zhu Ting's China?

• After watching the performance of the U20 squad this summer, yes.

The atmosphere the coach creates is very important and that U20 coach had all the positive vibes. :heart: Lavarini changed the whole dynamics of South Korea and Russia looks more relaxed under their new coach.

I've been like you back in 2012. Infatuated with Japan's system until I notice that it's not working anymore against teams with crazy scoring OoS attackers.

Japan can't win anything meaningful until these monster breeds of volleyball players wane in physicality.

Accepting the fact will only make it better as you move forward further away from denial.

#FreeBritney

That's really a tall order to ask indeed!

I think what Rains said was among the Top Teams, the gaps between their U20 vs senior NT teams are wide! Much wider than in the JPN's case.

I believe the U20 int'l competition is not really the very focus among the Top Teams.

Perhaps the U18 or even younger one, if any... perhaps...

Or, perhaps some teams simply do not focus their resources for the age bracket int'l competitions, they simply pick and take out the highly potential young star(s) among the junior teams and put her into the senior team, and she never again play for the age bracket ones. :whistle:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Yeah, look at what age Yuan, Zhu, and Gong were when they were in the NT

17 (at 2014 WCh), 18 (2013 GP), and 19 (2016 OG) :p

Egonu and Boscovic also were very young when they were NT starters at 2016 OG and 2015 WC

• We started with a question of if Japan could improve with a different coach. I think so.

Rains I'm not sure if you think I should support a different team because they are better than Japan? That would be weird. I like Japan because they entertain me. I support them like my children. That's what I enjoy. That's what I want to do. I have hopes and dreams. Hoping and dreaming are fun. I like what I'm doing. I don't want to move forward :)

• The great thing with Japan is they rely on a system. It's all about consistency even though they are currently swimming in a pool of mediocrity. When eras normalized from stars to systems, they won't be affected by the sudden shift of power.

Teams like China and Italy are bound to have Russia-like meltdowns when their stars retire or are injured if there are no proper replacements because Zhu Ting and Egonu are simply irreplaceable at this point.

#FreeBritney

• The great thing with Japan is they rely on a system. It's all about consistency even though they are currently swimming in a pool of mediocrity. When eras normalized from stars to systems, they won't be affected by the sudden shift of power.

Teams like China and Italy are bound to have Russia-like meltdowns when their stars retire or are injured if there are no proper replacements because Zhu Ting and Egonu are simply irreplaceable at this point.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo pls

She's still 24

Meltdown against which team, though? Crazily good teams like Serbia and USA, definitely! Other teams, not really.