FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• Worthy of noting also is USA's summer for both positive and negative, albeit necessary, reasons.

Winning back to back VNL's is a testament to this team's cohesiveness and fortitude especially since VNL requires them to travel a lot. They have fielded in different combinations of players from veterans Larson, Robinson, Gibbemeyer to not so veterans to rookies Thompson, Rettke, Foecke, and Lake. This year's tournament proved to be even more important as $1M was on the line - the highest prize money ever for women's volleyball tournament. Despite the VNL being considered as "not important" by other countries, it's still a good place to test out team chemistry among members. Drews, Thompson and Carlini shined in this tournament particularly.

They qualified for Tokyo OG's. Yay <3

Now, they're about to receive their 5th straight podium finish in WC. A feat achieved by no other country. Now, you may start ridiculing this as China has gotten 5 golds but we're talking about USA here whose tagline is "Path to the Podium." Whatever works right?

After this summer, I think more than the winnings and all, USA has realized what needs to be done for them to be gold medal OG contenders and that's to fortify their libero position. Whether or not Karch and USA can mould that libero just in time, we'll just have to see. I want this team to succeed and for them to do so, they must fortify all positions. Remember though, this USA team is young. Drews, Ogbogu, Washington, Carlini, Courtney and KRob will be replacing Murphy, Foluke, Adams, Glass, Banwarth, and non-choking Hill version meanwhile teams like Serbia and China are intact from last OG's. If they just tap in the right things, they can win it all. But will there be enough time?

• Now, they're about to receive their 5th straight podium finish in WC. A feat achieved by no other country.

Just a small correction. Cuba already achieved it. From 1985 to 1999, Cuba was in the podium, it means 5 straight times. It was like this: Silver, Gold, Gold, Gold and Gold.

• Robison MUST get one of the OH awards. I havent watched her playing so well since many months ago. Her pipes are just :super:

Carlini is also shining! She is running her MBs as much as she can. Not only first tempo, also slides.

In the other hand, korean MBs are ?(

• Korean Breakdown :white:

• Where's Kim Hae Ran ?

More Park Jeongah please

• Missing Kim Hae Ran is critical for Korea. I wouldn't mind if they gave her best libero over Kobata.

• I like this K-bench. Not sure if they'll keep it up, though. Jiyoung Oh is the libero with 'tude. Kang Sohwi and her serve and her jumping, Park and Yeum. Very nice

• Kang baby Kang :rose:

• I missed the beginning of the match. Don't know if they said anything about Kim Hae Ran, but I did see her on the sidelines stuffing a big bag of ice into her coat onto her back right shoulder

• I like this K-bench. Not sure if they'll keep it up, though. Jiyoung Oh is the libero with 'tude. Kang Sohwi and her serve and her jumping, Park and Yeum. Very nice

That's definitely Lavarini's influence. Minas' bench was very limited, but when they had the opportunity to enter the court, they're transformed and went full beast mode too. He knows pretty well how to work their mental.