CEV European League 2019

• In Golden League the teams are the same as last year expect Bulgary and Portugal who are replaced by Sweden and Austria.

In Silver League Albania (3rd 2018), Switzerland and Kosovo will not take part. They are replaced by Slovenia,Greece, Romania.

Montenegro, Switzerland and Bosnia are the only teams from the best 30 in Europe who will not play in European League nor vnl.

• In the roster of Cyprus is the MB of Olympiakos and best attacker of the greek league Katerina Zakhaiou + Manolina Konstantinou (former OH of Olympiakos who was playing beach volley in the summer but now joined the NT)

• Pool A in Silver League is such a joke. Georgia, Israel, Cyprus and Romania. Romania will probably win all games 3-0...

Pool B looks more balanced. We have good Slovenia, Greece who didn't play EL for few years, Estonia which made a huge progress recently and the weakest Portugal.

Golden League looks better this year. We have more good teams like Azerbaijan, Belarus, Ukraine, Czech Republic or Croatia. I guess one of those team will advance to VNL next season because they should easily beat Argentina in challenger cup.

• i hadnt noticed Rahimova on AZE roster or they added her later. They also have Kulan, Zhidkova, Hasanova, Aliyeva, Azizova, Abdulazimova)

Belarus is without Baryshevic but all the others players are in the roster (Klimets,Harelik,Hryshkevich, Markevich,Klimovich, Miniuk)

Croatia doesnt have Grbac, she wasnt good this season in Greek league. They have Samadan,Fabris, Dumancic, Milos, Popovic,Brcic like last year.

Czech without Havelkova and Havlickova. They have Kossanyiova, Mlejnkova and the young Orvosova.

Finland has the 39y.o. Saara Esko who has played in Modena and Busto. She has the same name with a male player and today learnt that he is her husband. Finland also has the "germans" Koskelo, Korhonen. Alanko and Ohman who are palying in France + Laura Pihlajamäki.

Hudima after a good season in Greece returned to the NT of France and she is the oldest player. France has young and very good Cazaute,Fidon,Gicquel. Bauer is not in the roster.

Hungary has Sandor, Greta, Liliom..

From Austria i dont know many players..

Sweden has A&I Haak and R&A Lazic

I think Slovakia and Spain have almost the same players with last year.

Ukraine without Rykhliuk and Peretiatko.

• Saara Loikkanen (married Esko) played for Vammalan women's team last season (probably in the second division, or even lower, of the finnish league). Her husband playes for the Vammalan men's team, winning the championship few times in a row.

She already tried to come back in 2015-16, but she a knee injury in january. She was playing for Vampulan, in the Lentopallon Mestaruusliiga.

• greek roster against portugal

S:Christodoulou, Papafotiou

OH: Merteki,Strantzali,Kiparissi,Totsidou

OPP: Vasilantonaki, Vlachaki

MB:Labrousi,Emmanouilidou,Kalatantze,Chatzieustratiadou

L: Konomi, Artakianou

• Vasilantonaki hadnt played any match for many weeks and against Portugal had 37%at. with 8 errors. Merteki 38% and Strantzali 52%

Cyprus played for the first time in EL and took a set against israel. after the match the coach of Israel said "Cyprus has very good players and I was particularly impressed with Katerina Zakchaiou, whom we know plays for Olympiacos PIRAEUS in Greece." :heart::heart::heart:

First scorer for Israel was the 37y.o. Velikiy with 20p. For Cyprus the first scorer was the MB Zakhaiou 17p. (13/32,4 blocks). 32 attacks for a MB while the OPPs and OHs took lower than 30.

• Stamatia Kiparisi (GRE,OH) is 17 years old and when the coach told her that she will be among the 14 players against Portugal she started to cry.

She also said that since she was younger she was watching Kiosi and was her idol.

From the current Greek NT she think that Litsa Merteki is a great player,wants to be like her and she learns a lot from her.

• greek roster against slovenia

S:Christodoulou, Papafotiou

OH: Merteki,Strantzali,Totsidou, Vlachaki

OPP: Vasilantonaki, Oikonomidou

MB:Labrousi,Emmanouilidou,Kalatantze,Chatzieustratiadou

L: Konomi, Artakianou

Oikonomidou (OPP) instead of Kiparisi (OH)

Vlachaki will be OH. Against Portugal was second OPP

• Cyprus will not play these days in EL because they are playing in the small countries games. Today they lost 3-2 from the Montenegro.

• First scorer of the match was Vasilantonaki with 21points.

Strantzali had 13% in reception and 24% in attack.

Very good performance for the MBs and the setter of Slovenia.