Chinese NT 2019

• Thanks. I think it's going to happen but I don't think I can use that as official: "Top players to join 'likely' means Zhu Ting" is a little sketchy (of course that's google translated)

• Thanks. I think it's going to happen but I don't think I can use that as official: "Top players to join 'likely' means Zhu Ting" is a little sketchy (of course that's google translated)

The proper translation (non-google stuff) of the paragraph below the picture of Vakif team with Zhu is:

朱婷加盟天津女排之后,将代表天津女排参加世俱杯,小组赛的对手瓦基弗银行女排,将是朱婷的前东家,这一次朱婷将隔网相对自己的旧东家,对于比赛会如何,我们到时候见分晓。

"After joining Tianjin Women's Volleyball Club, Zhu Ting will represent Tianjin VC to participate in the World Club Cup..."

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• see above

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• ZHANG CHANG-NING has been regaining her good performance! At least since the IOQT she has been again showing her sharpness on court. And the first two matches she played at the World Cup against KOR and RUS just reaffirms her effectiveness and great contribution to the team, helping much Captain Zhu in carrying the team passing the challenges. The same case can be said on Yuan Xin-yue post-WCH 2018. Both Zhang and Yuan have been showing the most obvious developments this year. And Gong Xiang-yu also stabilizes her performance again. Indeed the whole core team is showing very good sign: Yan Ni, Li Ying-ying, Ding Xia, Yao Di. The only one who's showing a rather obvious setback is Lin Li. But in general the team (incl. the bench players Liu XT, Liu YH, Zheng YX, Wang YY, Ni FF, Yang HY) is showing up very good prospect for many good outcomes in years to come!

• YES! YES! YES! YEEEEES! *screaming* Tianjin vs Vakifbank will be AMAZING! I can't wait to see

• The two players not in the 14-player roster of World Cup 2019:

Match 1: Zheng Yi-xin and Yang Han-yu

Match 2: Zhu Ting and Yan Ni

Match 3: Zheng Yi-xin and Liu Yan-han

Match 4: Zheng Yi-xin and Zeng Chun-lei

Match 5: Yang Han-yu and Liu Yan-han

Match 6:

Match 7:

Match 8:

Match 9:

Match 10:

Match 11:

Edited once, last by samsara: Updated on 2019.9.19 ().

• Against the host team Japan in the last match in Yokohama tomorrow (9/19), it's widely believed that the Chinese team will certainly field its main force. Both teams are recognizing the importance of this event thus will field their best line-ups. From the current starting lineup of the Chinese team, Zhu Ting will partner with Zhang Chang-ning, Gong Xiang-yu, Ding Xia, Yan Ni partners with Yuan Xin-yue, and libero Wang Mengjie. This starting line-up has been played twice so far. This configuration should also be the team's strongest combination at the moment.

• Although the World Cup is held in Japan, there are still many Chinese fans during the Chinese team's matches. The red flags they waved and the shouts of cheering became one of the forces that motivated the team to move forward.

Among these fans, there are many old fans who have watched Lang Ping as a player in the World Cup. Now their wish is to witness the Chinese women's volleyball team on the highest podium.

Although they are playing overseas, the girls of the Chinese team will not feel lonely.

The Chinese team played against the Russian team on the afternoon of September 16. This is also the strongest opponent the team has encountered since the start of the World Cup. During this game, the number of Chinese fans who came to the scene was much more than the previous two days.

In the stands, a considerable number of Chinese flags appeared, and whether the Chinese team was in a hot state or the scene was glued, there would always be a loud shout of "Zhongguo dui jia you" (Chinese team adds oil, energize) in the stands.

Even though the match is held in Yokohama, Japan, with the help of Chinese audiences, the Chinese team enjoyed the feeling of being at home.

At the scene, a pair of Chinese fans who specially purchased the cheering suits told the reporters that their members of the "Supporter Group" came from all over the world, some from the United States, some from Australia to watch the tournament, and others are living in Japan. Supporters gather from all over the world.

In addition, there are also fans from Shanghai, Shenzhen and other domestic cities to watch the game. Some of the "hardcore fans" bought full-time tickets and prepared to accompany the Chinese team to three cities (Yokohama, Sapporo, Osaka) to watch each match.

Going to Japan to watch the game is enough to prove their love to the team. Those who plan to stay until the end of the tournament even incur high expenses. More than half a month's schedule, three stages of different venues, means a lot of expenses, many fans specially gather together to come to watch the game.

Even so, the fans still feel very worthwhile. "Absolutely, we came to Japan to watch the game at the World Championships last year. This time, we brought more friends to watch the game together." A female fan told the reporter.

Another young fan said about her expectations. "As a fan, our wish is to wait until the day of the last match to watch the Chinese team stand on the winner's podium. Let's sing the national anthem together."

An older middle-aged fan said that she had been watching the women's volleyball tournament since the Chinese squad won the Women's Volleyball World Cup in 1981. It has been nearly 40 years since.

In 1981, it was Lang Ping who helped the Chinese team win the World Cup for the first time as a player. Now, looking at Lang Ping as the head coach, the Chinese team once again hit the world, and it is also a different kind of feeling for the fans.

In addition, among the Chinese fans who came to Japan to watch the game, although there are many fans of Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning and other star players, players like Liu Yanhan who are not in the spotlight also have their own supporters. (Sina Sport, 2019.9.18)

• Some replays from Tencent Penguin platform with Chinese commentary:

JPN v CHN: https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc00200vhnj591/e0032e277op.html

CHN v DOM: https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc00200th3pbex/m00323sqms8.html

CHN v RUS: http://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc00200uo02u3w/y0032z40c0h.html

CMR v CHN: https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc00200qnolenb/b0032jpq57w.html

CHN v KOR: https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc00200r4hs1qc/x0032cnh8l4.html

The female commentator is Wei Qiu-yue, the famous setter, male commentator is Xue Chen and the other one is Yang Lan but I haven't seen her presence.

Edited 3 times, last by samsara: Updated on 2019.9.19 ().

• Chinese team picture post match against the Japanese team, 2019.9.19 in Yokohama -- end of the first leg -- better pictures from FIVB

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• Today's match between the Chinese team vs Japanese team is the 11th encounter in the WORLD CUP, and the Chinese team holds an absolute lead of 8-2 in the previous 10 meetings.

"We prepared for a lot of difficulties today, the Japanese team had a good defense and the crowd was very lively, so we knew we had to keep quiet and concentrate on the game when we were struggling." Chinese team head coach Lang Ping said.

In the match, the Chinese women's volleyball team played the whole game with the starting lineup, and Zhang Changning was especially good in the attack. She scored a game-high 19 points in 12/22 attempts, 2 blocks and 5 aces. In the second set, Zhang Changning led the Chinese team 16-7, scoring seven consecutive points, which led to the disarray of the Japanese team.

"In this game, we focus on passing, because if we have a high rate of passing in place, we can show a greater advantage over the net. Japan's defense is very good, if we want to play fast, it may be simpler. Lang Ping said.

The Chinese team finished all the matches in Yokohama in straight set, but Lang Ping said that the team still needs to maintain a sense of tension.

"We basically showed our strength, and the real test is still ahead. We're going to Sapporo tomorrow to prepare for the match and do our best."

(Beijing News Network, 2019.9.19)

• Chinese Women's Volleyball (2020 Movie)

中国女排 (2020年陈可辛执导电影)

Type: Movie work

Director: Chen Kexin 陈可辛

Brief introduction: 中国女排 "Chinese Women's Volleyball" is a drama film directed by Chen Kexin, starring Gong Li, and planned to be premiered on the Chinese mainland on January 25, 2020 (on the Chinese New Year's Day). The film tells the story of the struggles of several generations of Chinese Women's Volleyball teams over the time span of 40 years and their touching stories of hard work and glory for the country.

Lang Ping, director Chen Kexin and Chen Zhonghe at the Old Hall of the Chinese Women's Volleyball Training Center in Zhangzhou Women's Volleyball Training Base in Fujian

Synopsis:

Rio de Janeiro, 22 August 2016. After 12 years, the Chinese women's volleyball team reached the final of the Olympic Games again. Hui Ruoqi's probe ball made the whole court hold its breath. A high-speed rotating volleyball conjured up the blood and youth of several generations of Chinese female volleyball players. The ups and downs of Chinese women's volleyball team over the 40 years have been slowly revealed.

The film will be based on the true stories of several generations of Chinese women's volleyball team, telling the story of their stubborn struggle and glory for the country.

Director Chen Kexin revealed that as early as the 1978 Bangkok Asian Games, he was only 16 years old and he watched the Chinese women's volleyball team at close range. He still remembers the feeling of the Chinese team entering the match. When he really had the opportunity to personally put the story of the Chinese women's volleyball team on the big screen, he felt both excited and responsible. He couldn't help but wrote on his Weibo: "Now I am almost 60 years old, ready to shoot the story of the Chinese women's volleyball team. Life sometimes is so wonderful."

• On the evening of the September 19th, after the Chinese team defeated Japan in Yokohama, Lang Ping brought good news to the team members on the bus: "Liang Chaowei 梁朝伟 (Tony Leung) and Liu Jialing 刘嘉玲 (Carina Lau) came to watch the match, and now they are waiting for everyone in the hotel!"

The star couple had a great influence in the women's volleyball team. From the bus to the elevator, the girls were talking excitedly about taking pictures with the movie king.

When I came to the private room, Mr. and Mrs. Liang Chaowei and Mr. Lu Zhihe, President of Hong Kong Jiahua Group, have been waiting there. Zhu Ting gave the Babochan doll she just got from the Yokohama organizing committee to Liu Jialing. She saw that Liu Jialing always held the Babochan doll in her hand. She was also excited to report on the results of the team when she connected to her friends'phone calls. She also waved the toys in her hands when she talked about the excitement.

Liang Chaowei pulled Lang and said that his favorite sport is volleyball, and only watches at the women's volleyball team: "Lang Dao, when I have the opportunity, I want to see the Chinese women's volleyball training, experience your hard work, and learn two tricks by the way."

Liang also said that he had watched several World Cup matches before, including Japan's match against Dominican Republic and Russia: "Lang Dao, is it because we are too strong that we beat our opponents so heavily today?"

Lang Ping explained with a smile: "Today, we have studied them thoroughly and have strong tactical pertinence, which has suppressed them. The rhythm of blocking is also good, which has destroyed their confidence and momentum. In fact, there is not such a big gap between the two sides. The Japanese team has its own characteristics."

Liang Chaowei said that after winning 25-10 in the second set, he even thought: "The Japanese team lost a bit humiliated, will Lang Ping be more relaxed with the opponent?" Lang answered humorously, "I know you and Carina have come all the way to cheer us and meet us in the evening, so we hurry up to finish the match!"

Carina Lau is concerned about what other important opponents to face. Lang Ping helps her count the current World Cup and the strong opponents of next year's Olympic Games: "Serbia, Italy's attackers are in good physical condition, the U.S. team is fast..." Lang Dao talked about volleyball. Liang Chaowei and Liu Jialing were fascinated by it. "Let's go to Osaka again!" Liang Chaowei met with the Chinese women's volleyball team.

• Since Lang Ping took command of the Chinese women's volleyball team, a new star has emerged almost every year, Zhu Ting in 2013, Yuan Xinyue in 2014, Zhang Changning in 2015 and Gong Xiangyu in 2016. But in the whole Tokyo Olympic cycle in 2020, there is only one person who can be called a real nova. She is Li Yingying, now only 19 years old. For the first time, Li Yingying shocked the domestic volleyball arena by scoring 804 points throughout the season, and helped Tianjin team win the professional league championship at one stroke. Judging from the first stage of the World Cup, Li Yingying's performance is still remarkable despite her incomplete skills.

Li Yingying is the Tianjin Women's Volleyball Team's "platform pillar", "left-handed" plus 1.92 metres of height, is absolutely the natural main attacker. Lang Ping said frankly that Li Yingying has a very high volleyball talent. Although there is still a big gap between her and the world's top main attack in terms of technical comprehensiveness, this is exactly the great potential of Li Yingying's future development.

Li Yingying is not a native of Tianjin, but a native of Qiqihar, the second largest city in the Heilongjiang province. At Qiqihar East Road Primary School, Liang Chunsheng became Li Yingying's volleyball enlightenment. When she graduated from elementary school, Li Yingying was favored by Wang Baoquan, then head coach of Tianjin Women's Volleyball Team. Therefore, coach Liang Chunsheng took Li Yingying, who was only 10 years old at that time, away from her hometown and went to Tianjin for professional training.

In 2013, Li Yingying, 13 years old, was still a caddie sitting on the sidelines picking up balls when Zhu Ting played for Chinese women in the international competition. In 2017, under the leadership of coach Chen Youquan, Li Yingying won the 13th National Games Youth Women's Volleyball Championship with Tianjin Youth Women's Volleyball Team, thus stepping into the public's vision. Two months later, the first Volleyball Super League began, and no one could have imagined that an 18-year-old girl would become the protagonist of the league. Li Yingying surpassed Zhu Ting's single-match scoring record in the domestic league with 45 points in a single match. Her total personal score exceeded 800 points throughout the season, leading Tianjin Women's Volleyball Team to win the league championship with an astonishing 804 points. Later, she joined the Chinese women's volleyball team and won the 2018 Asian Games championship in Jakarta, Indonesia. Li Yingying said, "That's my FIRST international champion. I feel very excited. That champion also strengthens my direction of endeavour."

Li Yingying won her first international tournament with the Chinese national team at the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia (2018-09-01)

The No. 12 jersey of Chinese women's volleyball team used to belong to famous national players Zhang Rongfang and Hui Ruoqi. Today, Li Yingying is wearing this number in the national team. "My idol is Hui Ruoqi. Now I can inherit this jersey. I'm really happy. I'm eager to develop into a full-scale attacker like Hui Ruoqi," Li Yingying said.

In the 2018 Women's Volleyball World Championship, Li Yingying, who was newly emerging, was a bright star, but she couldn't stir up the beam yet. Last season, the Tianjin Women's Volleyball Team led by Li Yingying lost to the Beijing Team and lost the defending title. Li Yingying said: "Pass-through is really my shortcoming, and there are certain differences between the national team and the domestic league. If you want to develop at a higher level, you must pass-through. Everyone's skills are improved through the efforts made the day after tomorrow." Lang Dao once told me, "It's impossible to hide you as soon as you play, and other people's offensive tasks are very heavy," so I have to work hard to get ready.

Li Yingying, the starter of the Chinese women's volleyball team, played the whole match against Dominican Republic in this World Cup. Although the first pass and series connection were not good enough, she has made great progress compared with the past. Many people don't know that Li Yingying lost 14 kilograms in order to play well in this World Cup, which made her more comfortable in the air and move faster under her feet. "My performance in this World Cup is still acceptable, but there are still many shortcomings, especially compared with the older players, my skills and experience are obviously not enough, and this is where I want to go in the future," Li said.

====================================================

Fabio Menta -- LI YINGYING: is she the new EMPRESS of VOLLEYBALL? (Post 201 / 2018-08-27)

Once they have discovered this big and fat 14 years old girl in Qiqihar, in the far Province of Heilongjiang, the National Federation has moved her to Beijing (sic!) and given her all she needed to live between School and Volleyball. And, furthermore, she was literally killed with diets and personalized workouts to make her the best she can be.

(...)

https://www.facebook.com/coach…me-to-ce/525677384541356/

Edited once, last by samsara: addition ().

• Though Li Ying Ying was super great, I regret that she wasn't part of U-18/U-20. Somehow, when I compare the journey of Zhu with Li we can see it clearly, that Zhu stepped on all the level she could. She was part of the U-20 in 2013, and she got the her first international experience here being the starter of the team through the competition. She learned to be the aces of the team and to be decisive in court. And I do believe it made her become fully ready for senior task. And for Li, though she already did a great job in international level, but she didn't really pop up as expected. Hope she could pop up soon.