World Cup 2019

• Why Perrin and Sclater are missing?

Why Mousavi is out for Iran?

• Why Mousavi is out for Iran?

he asked coach to give him a break. he isn't injured or anything. just didn't want to play only in this tournament.

therefore Iran has only 13 players , they didn't know they could bring more than 14 players and even Mousavi's late repelacement was rejected by FIVB.

• they have 5 setters 😂🤣😂🤣

i see only 4 listed...

the federation obviously has too much money!

• he asked coach to give him a break. he isn't injured or anything. just didn't want to play only in this tournament.

therefore Iran has only 13 players , they didn't know they could bring more than 14 players and even Mousavi's late repelacement was rejected by FIVB.

James Shaw can play as setter

• he asked coach to give him a break. he isn't injured or anything. just didn't want to play only in this tournament.

Thumbs down to FIVB for this rejection. They're the culprit to blame -- keeping this World Cup for Japan, making it a non-OG qualifier, and creating all this confusion.

• Oh, there're Lima, Palacios, Ramos, Loser and Danani, so it's likely an strengthened squad.

It's the same squad as SA championship.

And those were the only 5 players of this wc squad that played in OQT (though I can't remember if Danani was there, I know González was the starter libero but I can't recall if Danani was also taken to China or not).

• It's the same squad as SA championship.

And those were the only 5 players of this wc squad that played in OQT (though I can't remember if Danani was there, I know González was the starter libero but I can't recall if Danani was also taken to China or not).

Thanks. I recall there're already 4 setters in the senior NT that Argentina used the past two years; they're all of at least decent quality. Is the coach seriously considering the 173cm-tall Sanchez as a backup in the future? No doubt about his setting skills, but he would be a big hole at the net.

• It's the same squad as SA championship.

Yes, Danani was in China, and played on court, too (not a starter like you said).

• Thumbs down to FIVB for this rejection. They're the culprit to blame -- keeping this World Cup for Japan, making it a non-OG qualifier, and creating all this confusion.

They wanted to use someone from U19 team. but apparently there is a rule that a player can't play in more than 2 age groups per year and that guy Mehran Feiz already played for U19 and U21. it seems it was Iran's fault.

but there are so many other reasons to blame FIVB :lol:

• Thanks. I recall there're already 4 setters in the senior NT that Argentina used the past two years; they're all of at least decent quality. Is the coach seriously considering the 173cm-tall Sanchez as a backup in the future? No doubt about his setting skills, but he would be a big hole at the net.

Yeah, we have several high quality setters. I think no other nation has such depth in the position (maybe Brazil?). I wish we had at least one opposite as good as any of them.

The thing is De Cecco, Uriarte, Cavanna and Demian Gonzalez (who played in Rio) are all already 30 or above.

Sánchez will probably not make it to Tokyo but he's just SO talented as a setter that it is impossible for the coaches to leave him outside. Unless some new talent with height appears, he probably will be the starter in 2024.

• I don't think USA registered a single block for the first two sets which means Sanchez is playing so well for Argentina.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Argentina not passing that well here in the 3rd. US serving like crazy.

Go Argentina!