2019 Universiade in Naples, Italy

• I found the roster on the official page of the universiade, here's the link:

https://results.universiade2019napoli.it/#/teamroster/VVO

Thanks. Besides the ones I mentioned before, Diana Alecrim is a very tal MB and she played as titular in São Cateano last year. The others are bench players (Viviane plays in Osasco as OH) or haven't played in the main league yet.

• Thanks. Besides the ones I mentioned before, Diana Alecrim is a very tal MB and she played as titular in São Cateano last year. The others are bench players (Viviane plays in Osasco as OH) or haven't played in the main league yet.

Thanks! I was expecting a balanced match but today they looked without any plan. It will be better next time :win:

• The RUS v JAP Semi Final is on FISU TV and consequently on live365 betting site.

Japan's hanging in there much to the surprise of the announcer :rolll:

Russia has won this the last three years

• Anna Lazareva looks like one of those players that as long as the set stays somewhere in the building she can kill it

• RUS 3–1 JPN

Pretty fun match. Japan took the first set mostly because Russia was hitting too many out of bounds. When they brought them back in court, they were pretty hard to stop.

• I'm surprised Japan beat this Italian squad in the prelims. Maybe just hairstyles, but it looks like Fahr, Pietrini, Boseti, Monica, and Eyebrows out there.

• Chiara De Bortoli setting back row. :obey:

What's her story? Where does she play, what's her rep? She's got a jump set style like she's played setter.

• She played last year in Club Italia and next year probably in Chieri. I really don't know how can she set that way. As far as I know she always played libero in her career.

I don't remember seeing her at VNL but just looked her up and she has a 308cm spike height :S

• ITL (3–0) HUN

Italy v Russia for Gold ,

Japan v Hungary for Bronze

• She also played in Conegliano (winning the first title) alongside De Gennaro.. maybe she got that setting skill from her :super:

I have to say that I like her, she is ready and present in defence. She is very young and can improve a lot!

• Zaytseva was the weakest line of the team IMO. Evdokimova and Vorobyeva played well, especially Vorobyeva was unstoppable in critical situations. Although Lazareva was best scorer of the game with 26 pts, honestly I expected much more than that from her. She had many errors today even if she was best scorer of the game.

I did not understand why Zaytseva stayed on. She made one block, four points out of ten attacks and served terribly... I was happy to see a good perfomance from Novik. Hope she will be a starter in Sakhalin. Sperskaite continues her mediocre performance she showed during the club season. I hope she will improve soon... Lazarave was below 27 %.

• her performance in attack 40% (21/52) not below 27% and plus, 5 block pts.

phew! Thanks.

I was going to say she missed a few shots but "below 27%" didn't seem right.

• A little note about the male tournament: Italy just won in semifinal against France and will face Poland for the gold.

Even though I'm happy for them, I have to say the italian guys are quite annoying while playing.. they always look at the other side of the net after a point, they have so evident celebrations after a block or an opppnent's mistake that annoyed me. You are better than that! :whistle: