Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2019/20

• I think van Gestel should be on court for Thompson and Lohuis for Rosenthal. The Turkisch setter can't impres me, I like Kästner more.

Münster really suprisses me! Korevaar is really doing a nice job so far with a few blocks. I think she already has 5 blocks:white:She didn't impres me in the Dutch league. Also van Aalen distributes the game well so far!

25-13 in the first set for Münster!!!:cheesy:Stuttgart is a real mess so far!

• Münster - Stuttgart 25:13 :what::white:

Münster with excellent serving which made the rest quite easy for them in block/defense. Alsmeier is becoming better day by day, if she stays healthy and continues to develop like this she's going to be a great allround OH very soon :super:

• Yes, Stuttgart lacks a lot of practice and van Gestel is definitely the best receiving OH of them, so in such reception trouble she should be on court.

• Alsmeier is becoming better day by day, if she stays healthy and continues to develop like this she's going to be a great allround OH very soon :super:

Is she number 8? She seems quite tall, but she receives good!

• I think van Gestel should be on court for Thompson and Lohuis for Rosenthal.

Van Gestel could not play last week at Mulhouse due to an injury (strained muscle I think). Lohuis has not trained with the team yet, she came to Münster directly from the World Cup.

Stuttgart's performance is quite in line with most of their preseason matches, except for the first one against Suhl which was quite ok.

• So Stuttgart finished the task despite very bad beginning of the match. But there is still work to do and only since a few days the full roster can train together.

• Surprise, surprise: Straubing wins in three sets at home in it's not standard conforming hall against Wiesbaden and confirms to be better than last season, while Wiesbaden leaves some question marks... Vilsbiburg without big issues against Suhl, won in four sets.

• Dresden - Potsdam 1:3 (23:25 22:25 25:20 22:25)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2019-20/Women/2002.pdf

MVP: Ivana Mrdak / Sofija Medic

Vilsbiburg - Suhl 3:1 (25:16 21:25 25:22 29:27)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2019-20/Women/2005.pdf

MVP: Daria Przybylak / Tereza Patockova

Münster - Stuttgart 1:3 (25:13 17:25 20:25 19:25)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2019-20/Women/2003.pdf

MVP: Demi Korevaar / Krystal Rivers

Straubing - Wiesbaden 3:0 (25:22 25:22 26:24)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2019-20/Women/2006.pdf

MVP: Lena Große Scharmann / Lauren Plum

• One match today, 19.30 CET Erfurt vs Münster live on sporttotal.tv

Trouble in Straubing: Lisa Izquierdo and Lisanne Meis both were in the hall on crutches last weekend due to knee injuries, there's no official news yet but word is that both will be out for a while. Then after a few rallies, Sophie Dreblow twisted her ankle (while celebrating :wall::wall::wall:) but finished the match despite pain and swelling, however it's pretty sure that there is at least one torn ligament so she might be out some weeks as well. Which would leave the team without libero and a bench with a 16 year old OH and an 18 year old MB:white:

• How many times did izquerdo get injured? She sounds like German Hodge

• How many times did izquerdo get injured? She sounds like German Hodge

When she was in Turkey she suffered a bad ankle injury but according to what she said was forced to continue playing by the club, so recovery was problematic. Then in Romania she suffered torn ACL before the start of the season, but other than that she didn't have "big" injuries as far as I remember. From the rumors her current injury is meniscus, so hopefully not as bad as the last one.

• Erfurt - Münster 1:3 (21:25 23:25 25:18 18:25)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2019-20/Women/2024.pdf

MVP: Clarisa Sagardia / Linda Bock

Cassidy Pickrell injured her hip in defense towards the end of 1st set, she was treated between sets and started 2nd set but had to leave the court after two points eventually. Nothing too serious though probably, looked like she just fell a bit too hard on her side trying to save a ball.

Update from Straubing: both Meis and Izquierdo had a meniscus surgery today and will be out at least 5-6 weeks. Dreblow didn't have a complete exam of her foot yet but it's very unlikely that she'll play this weekend. The club doesn't have money to sign someone else, but either way is looking for options and solutions.

Next matches on Saturday with Stuttgart-Dresden as TV match :thumbup:

• I consider Anne Hölzig to be one of the decent balanced players in the league. Simply wondering why she didn’t play for the NT this years(Or she doesn’t feel like it?)

She was invited this summer but didn't come. Apparently she wants to focus on her studies besides volleyball, which is also the reason why she is no longer captain of Potsdam.