Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Aylin needs to retire!!!

• Turkey are having a huge problem with libero... Simge stole all their volleyball like Space Jam :P

• I think Thompson played good yesterday. Considering she just joined the team and practiced with Naz only two times, she was great. There are things she needs to work on, she didn’t use opponent’s block much but she hits from very high. She seemed a bit tense but she will ease away I’m sure.

I can’t believe how bad Aylin plays. She was really good before but she doesn’t perform even OK.

• This is so crazy and sad. I hate saying this but the level this season has been too low. If the TOP 3 were not too strong, that would not be a problem at all. But there`s really no competition at all for them. Will next season get even worse??.

I was talking with Ksyusha about that. And she suggested keeping only 8 teams in the League and they play each other three times. I actually like this idea, and there would be better matches than we have right now.

But another problem is that, even teams like THY can not create a good team. Yesterday was embarrassing, all 3 foreigners on the court and you could not tell which one was worse than the other, their reception line is awful...... While Seyma was sitting on the bench... What was Abbondanza thinking?..... Before anything, a lot of these teams must have better management and better coaches. They really can`t put a good team together or get them to perform well.

We know the semi finals match ups already.

• I agree tbh, the level overall has been bad. Top 8 would probably be better and there would be a more competitive pool of teams and less space for terrible teams to come back to VVSL. Reminds me of the Korean males league, which is very competitive too, maybe foreigner limit would be adjuster. I don't think this will happen though and Turkish league would need time to rebuild itself and wouldn't be the best.

Turkey is struggling financially and you can simply tell by this current league where 2 teams are basically continuing playing despite declaring bankruptcy pretty much. Very sad, I should go look which teams can make VVSL next year. PTT, THY and AGY have been good VVSL teams still tbh for being so new and Aydin too, so we really need such teams with good sponsors backing them to enter more into the league. Beylikdüzü died when their mayor left, Besiktas cares about just football it seems, I do not like Karayollari either tbh. I love Nilüfer, but they have nowhere near the financial power as the other teams. Turkish youth levels continue doing great and those players should be in VVSL quicker, Zehra and Naz are proof of how important that is

• Teams currently looking like they could make VVSL in 2020-2021:

1. Kale 1957 Spor (#1 in Group A)

Another Çanakkale team in VVSL, I bet they will have awesome crowds!!! And it looks like they are heavy favorites to win Div 2 and tbh they probably could already do much better than a lot of current VVSL teams. They have 2 Dominicans: Gaila Gonzalez and Niverka Marte and known ex-VVSL like Bilgür Güler.

2. Kuzeyboru Spor Club (#1 in Group B)

They have Tijana's sister Dajana and Croatian Matea Ikic. JoanaBG and I joked about this team and their ultra religious and boring deserted location/city. It is from such a unlikely location in Turkish (female) volleyball that I can't help but lowkey root for them lmao

3. K.S.K. 1912 (currently #3 in Group A)

Finally a Karşıyaka/Izmir team, with likely amazing crowds. It seems we really could have at least 1 next season <3 K.S.K. are my favorites to win it. Why? sitenoise : this is where the dancing, injured giraffes are 😍 let's do it girls.

4. Ilbank Ankara (#2 in Group B)

Has some good youngsters and Rachel Sanchez Perez.

Some other teams that could make it but meh: Çanakkale, Sariyer (though I'm not 100% meh there)

Teams that could make it and I'm indifferent about but they likely won't make it anyway: Mardin BSB, Merinos, Bolu Bld., Nevsehir, Marmara

It seems the top 4 in both groups will have a chance for play-offs. I wish TVF let 4 clubs relegate this season instead of 2:rolll:

• this is where the dancing, injured giraffes are 😍 let's do it girls.

Is this like the V2 teams that can promote to V1?