2019 FIVB Women's U20 World Championship in Mexico

• I couldn't watch so good for Serbia, they will need these younger players after Tokyo IMO

you are right. I mean they have the valuable player like Lazovic, who is 19. I mean girls who are fighting in U-20 now, they are younger than Lazovic.

Being champion wouldn't be the main goal in this tournament for some teams. I think this tournament is the right place to discover young players. 1 or 2 or even 3 of those players will probably join senior team in future. As I said before, everything about those players will probably depend on their club career.

• why is Tainara not starting? Is she not considered the best in her position among this group?

I think it is because she didn't had enough training time with the team, since she was in the VNL finals this year.

Anyway I think this is a weird decision, She has always been the leader of this team, and this could be really useful because it seems the whole team is with their heads down.

• Ana Cristina is really young and deserve to play together with Bergman. Tainara gained so much experience with the main NT.

• Hairton's tatic game is just terrible. He is stupid to think that this libero and Tainara or Bergmann will be able to cover the entire court in reception. Ana Cristina is not ready yet... she needs to develop more in order to play as starter. She can't receive or help in defense. She's weak when blocking fast plays as well.

• So Serbia is already out... I'm surprised it's been years Serbia is not getting good results at junior competitions

It is true that Serbia hasn't reached many medals in recent years although they were still in top4-5 in almost in every generation. To me, getting one very talented player from each generation that can play in senior team is more valuable than winning gold medals in age groups. That's what Serbia has in each generation.

For instance our 'gold generation' 1994-1995 which won gold medals in youth ECh, youth WCh and Junior ECh. However, we have only Kübra Akman who is a starter in senior NT (although she can lose her spot to Zehra any time). On the other hand, this generation was in the last place in youth ECh but to me they are more successful since they had a player such as Ebrar who can upgrade senior NT. I would be happier if Derya Cebecioğlu or Yaprak Erkek shows that they are ready for senior NT level instead of getting a gold medal without any shining player.

• Any link for Pol-Tur match?

• Turkey lost the big lead at the end of the set. :wall:Polish girls did a great defense though:drink:

• Good that now our setter is subbed by Eylül Karadaş whom I think definitely deserves to be starter over Kafkas anyway. I never get why Kafkas was chosen over Sahin, she has played as starter in Karayolları for whole season.

• After the collapse in the end of first set, Turkey led the rest of the match and finished it with a convincing set. As I mentioned before, I don't like the new setter Kafkas. I think Eylül should be the starter and Elif Sahin should have been here as second setter. Also opp position is problematic. They are using Zeynep Üzen as Opp but she is an OH and clearly she can't attack from neither zone 2 or zone 1.

Yaprak Erkek&Derya Cebecioğlu seems to be a well balanced OH duo. Also Merve Atlıer is doing a great job at blocking so far. Indeed the team overall is a very good blocking team but they should improve their serve, Polish girls didn't need to move most of the times while receiving the ball. Poland did a great job at defense, I especially liked the libero who was touching every ball.

• The 4 teams from pool C beat the 4 teams of pool B with a combined set score of 12:1.

Argentina and Serbia were unlucky, they will probably play again for 9th place.

• USA has some reception issues. When they get a good look, they can score.

MB Hirayama hitting like an OP, and OP Soga hitting right up the middle.

• Japan Coach here should coach the Senior NT ASAP

• I wish I could understand what kind of weirdo ball Japan plays with MB #4 Shion Hirayama and OP #6 Haruna Soga. I can't follow rotations so I can't understand what they are doing. It's like they trade roles depending on the rotation