World Grand Prix 2007 - Results

• Quote from "Nastja"

nice pic of Glinka with Milena Rosner and Eleonora Dziekiewicz

nice to see that the relationship between her and the other players is so well!

Just a question... I never got what happened with Glinka and Niemczyk. Why did they fight?

• Quote from "Nastja"

nice pic of Glinka with Milena Rosner and Eleonora Dziekiewicz

nice to see that the relationship between her and the other players is so well!

lovely :D

• Quote from "Matthias"

Looks like she tries to suffocate them :D

yeah, the team wins even without her and now she runs amok... :shock: nah, i liked the other version more :lol:

@ vblover...
    too be honest, i have no idea why they argued... Maybe sb else can clear that up

• Quote from "LothiePG"

[quote="colossus"][quote="Nastja"]Now i hope they'll make it to the Final Round...
    If they continue to play like that im looking optimistic to the EC in a month... (and with glinka uff... :D )

besides POL-RUS, Brazil finished its match also... no real surprise, again an easy victory for the ladies 3:0 (25:22 25:19 25:17)

no lothie, not that china lost that easily, china battled 5 sets and the loss was due to the fact that the setter really didnt not set so well in the last 2 sets against poland and italy : spikes didnt kill, so losses were the natural results---- dont be so quick to discredit a lost team and jump to conclusions 8)

also, the two losses help the coach realise that china need strong spikers even though li juan recoreded again 90% excellents of receptions in tonight's match and 48% of sspike uccess rate 8)

and china hosted the grand prix because the fivb has to compensate for china as the fivb strongly :wink2: advised china not to go to world cup and so saved another spot to another team :idea:

• Quote from "colossus"

no lothie, not that china lost that easily, china battled 5 sets and the loss was due to the fact that the setter really didnt not set so well in the last 2 sets against poland and italy : spikes didnt kill, so losses were the natural results---- dont be so quick to discredit a lost team and jump to conclusions 8)

also, the two losses help the coach realise that china need strong spikers even though li juan recoreded again 90% excellents of receptions in tonight's match and 48% of sspike uccess rate 8)

and china hosted the grand prix because the fivb has to compensate for china as the fivb strongly :wink2: advised china not to go to world cup and so saved another spot to another team :idea:

It's not like I'm discrediting China without watching the games, actually it's not like I'm saying that China is bad at all. But I said that I think it's unfair that a team gets classified only because it's the host nation, even if it loses all the matches. But of one thing I'm sure, China could do a lot better even in this Grand Prix.
    And about the compensation, well, that's relative, for example, I think it was China's choice to not go, and not something like who must be compensated (here it was said that China chose not to go, not that FIVB advised). Anyway, I don't think that you should get a spot on the finals of a tournament because you're not going to compete in the other. And I don't say that because it's China, I would disagree if it was any other country. But for example, I think we should get compensated because the last tournament held here was 13 years ago and as far as I can remember, no other country in all Americas hosted a FIVB tournament. But again, the fact that we haven't hosted anything doesn't mean that we should get a spot on the finals or something else. I guess it's just a matter of point of view, and that's mine, and in fact is nice to see others point of views :wink2:

• . But of one thing I'm sure, China could do a lot better even in this Grand Prix.

>>>>>>> i know china can ddo a lot better than this, but look, how many players got injuries: setter, feng kun, yi mei wang, nina song, hao yang, and su hung zhou,

and dont forget there were strong teams china played, lothie, 8)
    russia beat china but lost to usa, and poland, cuba, usa,...

and i want china to play other pools if that can gurantee winning records 8)

And about the compensation, well, that's relative, for example, I think it was China's choice to not go, and not something like who must be compensated (here it was said that China chose not to go, not that FIVB advised).

>>>>>> ding! i guess it didnt not need to go to say the obvious, :idea:

Anyway, I don't think that you should get a spot on the finals of a tournament because you're not going to compete in the other.

>>>>>>>>> but occupying a spot in world cup at the expense of another does need some sort of negotiation, doesnt it 8)

agree to disagree if you are not convinced, but i just want people to understand my claim are also well grounded 8)

• russia won against kazakhstan in "5 -SET" 25-14,14-25,25-23,23-25,15-10.. i dont believe this wat is happening to my russia
    ..i think this leg they are playing badly//.. for the 1st time sokolova is in starting pos..they didnt use godina and safronova in starting they sub in almost every set..Russian setter Marina Akulova went down with a painful injury to her left ankle and had to be carried off.

• surprise surprise :lol:
    Poland won again :D this time with a 3:1 against Japan
    This matched annoyed me a lot though... The referees were sh*t.... Giving points to Japan though being obvious that it should have been polands point....

besides that match USA won against Cuba 3:2
    and Italy 3:1 against the Dom. Republic

• Quote from "Youstyna"

22 blocks :shock:

yeah :twisted: and half of them in last set or so lol

@ WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY
    first of all, welcome to the board :D
    and yeah... the refeeres werent that great (to say it in a nice way....)

• Welcome here WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY :wink2:

Standing
    1. Brazil 16 8 0
    2. Italy 14 6 2
    3. Russia 14 6 2
    4. Netherlands 13 5 3
    5. Poland 13 5 3
    6. USA 13 5 3
    7. China 12 4 4
    8. Cuba 12 4 4
    9. Japan 12 4 4
    10. Kazakhstan 9 1 7
    11. Dominican Republic 8 0 8
    12. Chinese Taipei 8 0 8

• ;) Hello Justyna.
    So, if Poland will win tomorrow, than we'll be first time in the final! And I guess, that Poland beat Kazakstan.
    Interesting fight betwen Netherlands and USA. Who will win, that one go through to the final.

• I've seen some matches and I didn't like the referees either.

Today Brazil's Team got an yellow card and then its coach was given the red card because he complained of a mistake the referee made.

Yesterday, many points the Brazil's Team scored were given to the Dominican Republic. Brazil's players attacked the ball and it fell in the Dominican Republic team's court, but the referees said it was out.

In Verona, against Italy, the Brazilian setter received the yellow card for complaining, but she didn't say a word.

I hope the quality of the referees could improve, cause I don't want to believe they are doing all these mistakes on purpose.

As regards the competition, for me, the last spot for the final round will be disputed between Netherlands and USA. I think the Netherlands team is the favourite, because of its last results. In my opinion, the other qualified teams will be: Brazil, Italy, Russia, Poland.

If the Netherlands team qualifies for the final round, out of the six participating teams, there will be 4 from Europe. It will be a preview of the European Championship and what's more, all the European Teams which took part of the 2007 edition of the WGP will be in the final round.

• I agree with Celso, I've also seen exceptionally many referee mistakes in this tournament! Yesterday in BRA-DOM Thaisa Menezes stood at the net when her team served and held the hands up like all players do, then the reception of DOM flew into the net and the ball touched Thaisa's hands through the net (she did not play the ball actively, just held her hands up and this is perfectly allowed), and the referee gave the point to DOM. I thought it was scandalous and there were also a lot of wrong line decisions.
    Another thing I have seen, referees are very inconsequent with ball handling calls. There were so many balls in this tournament which in my opinion were clear errors but the referees did not call them and other balls which might have been a little incorrectly played but still ok were called.

Marina Akulova's injury looked really painful but the way it happened was very untypical, she slipped on a wet spot and twisted her ankle inwards :?

Xue Ming scored 12 block points against NED :!: :shock: :!: :shock: :!:

• Quote from "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY"

And do you know, what with matches in Chinise Taipei? On FIVB we can read, that matches are delayed, but how long...?

They already happened :wink2:
    Brazil beat Chinese Taipei, and Italy beat Dominican Republic.
    They delayed the match for only 2 hours :wink2:

• Quote from "LothiePG"

They delayed the match for only 2 hours :wink2:

Yes, yes I known it. But they give this informations after matches and i thounght, that matchess betwen Brazil and Italy, and Domican Rep. - Taipei are delayed. ;)