2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• am i dumb... is there only 11? who is missing/who is there

I don't think this is their final roster... if I'm not mistaken, Malova, Fedorovtseva and Fetisova aren't in the pics and they're pretty much guaranteed to go?

• This isn't the final list of Russia, it's the volleyball team's participation in an official Olympic Committee event.

Fedorovtseva, Fetisova and Malova had problems in the covid-19 test.

This explanation is on Voronkova's Instagram.

would be awkward if there are players participating in the official event but not going...

• Just another reason for China taking Gold, I think the pins are pretty versatile and we do not know which players (except Zhu) are going to be fielded by Lang Ping for a given match. Zhang CN playing sub-par? LYY to the rescue. Gong not cutting at opposite? Zhang can take her spot.

China are a team that would be difficult to scout, and of course we have the Grand chess master Jenny who thinks 3 steps ahead of everyone :teach:

EDIT: Just to add, China are FEARLESS, this quality can be the difference between winning and losing :wavy:

• would be awkward if there are players participating in the official event but not going...

Parubets (Ilchenko) participated in the 2016's event.

• would be awkward if there are players participating in the official event but not going...

Busato said on Monday that he hadn't yet decided about the final list.

Remember: Romanova, Enina and Efimova only joined the training a few days ago.

Yes, Russia is a mess! :gone:

Also, I don't see this team in Tokyo without Fedorovtseva, Malova, Fetisova and even Romanenko.

• god i can't imagine if a key player gets a false positive covid test before an elimination or medal match.

there are too many dramas during OG.we should think of that.It depends on the ability of Japanese OG officials.

By the way,why does Russia always have some many mess before OG?I cant number how many times they did this. what they really need are not genius.they need change their mind to train young players.Let young players,whatever position,train more on deffense.

China has another choice lineup for top teams.Let Zhang play OS,and Zhu and Li play OHs,Considering Gong sometimes useless facing top teams.For me ,Zhang and Zhu are all round OHs .Jenny trains Li hard on her deffense and reception.Li has big improvement,but still not that very good,at least,She has a big heart.she can add more offense power.

I think Jenny still choose Zhu and Zhang as starters.And she use Li to sub Zhu or Zhang to let them have a rest or help the time when they need to change a tempo.

IF this time China still got gold ,I dont think China will let Jenny retire, Because it is difficult for a newcoach to coach those gold girls.remember they dont just have OG gold.Even An Jiajie ,He cant hold this team.

For Serbia,I still think they can beat Italy.Their real chanllenge is China. Setter,Ding and Maja are top setters(i dont want say who is best,i just love Ding .because of her connection with MBs .If she can go out after OG,I think some MB will get her best time of attacking .)

MBs,Yan and Yuan are good,but srebia also have good MBs.

OHs ,China is better ,they hae 3 top OHs. I think this dont need me to say more.

OS,Boskovic is better than Gong on attcking.the real problem is if she will be replaced by Zhang or LI.

if we could see a match China VS Serbia,it depends on which team has better situation that day.But in RIO time,Serbia always lost important matches to China.

For Italy,If China 's OS position can got some points,i think China will win,If their OS cant get points,Italy will win.China need another OH/OS player to show up except Zhu when facing Italy.

for other teams,Japan could chanllege USA and Italy. Brasil could upset Serbia .Domnica could chanllenge China.In my memory,it is always not easy for China to beat Dominica.Turkey can chanllenge Serbia but facingrChina?I dont think they have any chance.those turkish palyers are not afraid of Team China. They just are afraid of Zhu.Zhu just know them too well.Also,if turkey can reduce their reception errors, i think they can chanllenge USA.