2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• U think Turkey has a chance against the US?

this is the olympics... anything can happen. i've seen teams not favorites to win but peaking at the just the right time in the olympics and take gold (china at 2004 and brazil 2012). key for turkey to win is if they can stabilize their reception.

• The first difference is that we're accustomed to Boskovic as one of very best players of her generation, while Thompson with OG so far is a new deal. Egonu scored 30 points against Turkey and no one really cares besides crovolley, because it was okay performance by her standards, while we would praise every other player a lot.

True, but you are only stating what I myself stated, just in different words ("This frankly astonishing disparity is almost completely due to how Tijana is already viewed as an established superstar (and therefore old news) while JT is viewed as a "new blood" and budding superstar"). But more importantly, you are misinterpreting the point of my post. I don't seek more praise for Boskovic or Serbia (in fact, I pretty much agree that it's a negative that they depend so much on her and that OHs have trouble scoring any points); my aim is to show the unabashed double standard on display here which is still pretty astonishing even having in mind your later points.

• I'M happy some brazilian fans(on fb) gonna have their lesson

i was tired of seeing them understimate serbia and italy,saying they were a team,not depend in one player,best combo of oh with usa and bla bla

Now they gonna be quiet

i was tired of seeing them understimate serbia and italy,saying they were a team,not depend in one player,best combo of oh with usa and bla bla

Now they gonna be quiet

US, Brasil and Turkey are still the faves to win though.

• IDK about the Brazilian fans, I haven't seen any bad comments by them here, however I keep seeing you and the other Italian fan praising Italy for no reason ( noone is saying they are bad ) and comapring them to other teams. I have seen the same comment saying that Italy is not all about Egonu but Serbia is all about Boskovic at least 10 times... WE GET IT, ITALY IS GOOD.

Now they gonna be quiet

:lol::wavy::wavy:

Now they gonna be quiet

I hope that you are aware that every team fighting for a medal has a noisy fanbase (part of this fanbase, so to speak) with unrealistic expectations or opinions, it is just a matter of which noisy fanbase you are familiar with. So basically every team's failure is a lesson to part of their fanbase, there's no reason to drag it out. I hate a backlash Italian players get here with a similar logic, when some users are hoping for the same lesson for some noisy fans of Italian volleyball, and you're doing the same here.

Not to mention that they didn't lose, lol.

• Tandara is really bad IMO.

Garay the only OH starter in 3 Olimpixs for Brazil

• yeah can we not react to comments outside of this forum here, if there's hate on facebook then you can comment/reply to it on facebook

but anyway, dom is putting up such a strong fight against a strong team like brazil wow... this seems like a mentally/physically tiring game
    It's already over 2hours long and not even into a 5th set (if it does) yet