2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Congrats USA for reaching another Olympic final! JWO, Larson, Drews, Poulter & Foluke all played at their best, that’s the game USA (Karch) wants to play, and they executed perfectly today.

OTOH, it’s was a very disappointing performance of Serbia. They had perfect reception & excellent digs against Italy & Egonu, but they completely failed in reception today and couldn’t dig a single ball from Drews. Rasic’s worst performance in her whole NT career made it even worse in the absence of Brankica/attacking OH. She was just a ghost on the court and it’s a shame that Aleksic still didn’t have any chance to play. It left Boskovic to play alone, she gave it all but it’s just not enough, as there’re two incredible defenders JWO & Larson on the other side of the net.

• We can make fun of Karch as a coach, and criticize him, in most cases, deservedly so, but it’s so interesting that he did something that coaches, who were perceived as the better ones before a tournament – Guidetti, Lang Ping, Terzic or Mazzanti – weren’t able to do, and that’s preparing his team well for the decisive part of Olympic tournament, despite injuries and unlucky events like Poulter-Thompson injuries, without b…..t of skipping VNL. I’m not a fan of Karch despite a result, potentially a historic one if he’s able to win the next game, because he has group of players that no one else has in terms of a depth, but that’s a lesson not to take anything for granted, and I think that sometimes we do in context of coaches assume that ones are clearly better of others. You can make fun of his antics as a coach, but that’s an approach and culture of play that for example Italy clearly lacks.

bruh i just don't like him as a person -_-

There was a moment in a female volleyball that you couldn’t win without Zhu, Bosko or Egonu

And wasn't that a good time!

• :D:D:D:D

To be honest, I would suggest to just wait wait until the end. These Olympics has taught us that the one who laughs last, laughs best :teach:

A 4th Olympic final lost would be hard for USA. So, time to time.

Silver is still better than bronze... Let him have some fun :lol:

• Congrats USA by claiming a spot in the Final! Great team performance by them^^ Also I just wanted to say I always believed in Wong-Orantes:rose:

Sorry for Ognjenovic to miss out on the Olympic gold medal... Also on her birthday;( Serbia dominated the whole Olympic cycle, but the postponement of the Olympicsreally didn't work their favor:( Loss of Michajlovic and Veljkovic was too big, because it left Boskovic as only relaiable scorer. Hope they will take the bronze medal at least!

Serbia did not dominate this Olympic cycle.

INTERNATIONAL COMPETITONS:

Serbia: World championship

China: World cup, world grand championship cup

USA: 3 VNLs

Brazil: 1 world grand prix

• basically how i felt too

• careful, people are gonna bring up ECh again.

• I agree. Serbia did not dominate this Olympic cycle. It was China.

Bronze medal in WCH 2018

Gold medal in World Cup 2019

Gold medal in World Grand Championship Cup

If we are talking about Olympic cycle, it matters the most the intercontinental tournaments.