Brazil NT 2021

• She played with Macris and she sucked too. Macris isn’t a bad setter. And I completely disagree with you when you say Sheilla is more consistent because we can’t even judge this at this point since Sheilla is barely playing.

Season 15/16: benched whole season in Vakifbank. 2016: Sucked in the Grand Prix and OGs. Retired. Came back THREE YEARS LATER. Season 19/20: benched to Bruna, and when she was starter she sucked too. 2021: played in a league with an amateur format and did horrible - she can’t attack and she’s an OPPOSITE.

She barely played in the last 6 years, so how can you say she is more consistent? Consistent at benching? Consistent at retiring? I honestly can’t understand this at all.

Are you high, on your period or something?:aww:

I already said she may not make the roster because of her scoring production but still feels she is better fit with Brazil NT because of some factors.

Even with her nomination, this doesn't change anything significant but to possibly have one of Rosamaria and Lorenne get pushed aside for a senior or just get cut unceremoniously like a basic bitch.

I don't like Ze as he gave another useless drama for everyone with this selection process but Sheilla can still provide something for the NT whether it is playing for the olympics if she comes up with her best form or just someone to provide experiences to her juniors if she cannot make the cut.

Why does everything have to be black and white for you? Sheilla may be delusional but atleast she's beneficial to the NT unlike your opinion.

P.S. Bruna were horrible in Minas during her second season. Sheilla wasn't expected to become the opposite she once was.

P.S. 2 You can say all you wanted to say about Sheilla in Vakifbank but she came up good before the olympics and won the WGP.

P.S. 3 She didn't suck in Olympics atleast for the QF. Give me names of opposites you wanna bring to Rio Olympics?

Heck Ze brought a fourth MB... :gone:

Jesus at this hater.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I said sucked before and that's not true. But I don't think she was good either. I remember that she was really bad when the competition started, but played okay in the finals. In that year, opponents often let her with single blocks, and only Natalia and Garay were being consistent in attack throughout the year. I couldn't find the stats though.

But in the same year, at the OGs, her efficiency in attack was 36.43%.

That's higher than everyone else (edit: among those who made the SFs) except Zhu Ting (Mihajlovic is 2nd with 31.60%, no one else is over 30%) but Brazil played 5 rather easy 3-0's in pool play and only had one hard match in the QFs.

The levels in the knockout stages is more intense and her efficiency would have gone down if she played in those matches. So it's not really a fair comparison.

• I said sucked before and that's not true. But I don't think she was good either. I remember that she was really bad when the competition started, but played okay in the finals. In that year, opponents often let her with single blocks, and only Natalia and Garay were being consistent in attack throughout the year. I couldn't find the stats though.

But in the same year, at the OGs, her efficiency in attack was 36.43%.

So who you wanna call for the Rio OG? Tandara post pregnancy or an unknown Lorenne or worse a Rosamaria who hasn't yet known what's her best position? Please become more consistent.:win:

Do we really need to attack every player who gets called to the NT and forget about their legacy just because you don't like her?

What a stupid way to spread vitriol and hate.

For all we know Tandara, Lorenne or Rosamaria are all going to flop in Tokyo and Sheilla imitates Cersei with her wine glass while she's watching the tv. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• My reply to you wasn't about any of the things you just said. What I said was: how can we say that Sheilla is more consistent now or that Sheilla fits nicely in the NT when in fact she hasn't played much in the last six years. That's what I said. Period. I'd like seeing you addresing this more rather than posting things that are not connected with my main point in the previous post.

By the way, thanks for telling me that my comments posted in the Inside Volley Forum won't change anything in the NT. I honestly didn't know about this at all.

• I think you should re-read my posts and stop making random assumptions. Limit yourself to what I'm writing.

Sheilla is the best player I've ever watched, I always admired her game and I am thankful for everything she did for the NT. I never said anything different from this. Also, I never said she wasn't the best opposite for the OGs. I just said that in that year she wasn't great as she used to be - and I know that for people who support her no matter what, this is something hard to read.

She was a legend and her contribution will always be remebered. BUT if being legendary is all that matters, then we should consider inviting Fofão, Venturini, Mari, Ana Moser, Jaque, Paula, and the list goes... If there's a players whose contribution to a volleyball team is to share stories and be a good teammate, then I think these players might consider giving lectures instead of playing.

• That's higher than everyone else (edit: among those who made the SFs) except Zhu Ting (Mihajlovic is 2nd with 31.60%, no one else is over 30%) but Brazil played 5 rather easy 3-0's in pool play and only had one hard match in the QFs.

The levels in the knockout stages is more intense and her efficiency would have gone down if she played in those matches. So it's not really a fair comparison.

Apologies if this wasn't clear, but my point is precisely that she wasn't good and that her spike efficiency was quite low. Brazil faced weak opponents in the first phase as you said, and Sheilla unfortunately wasn't deivering a good game back then - her attacks were stuffed or defended very often, she lacked power an and we saw that Dani trusted Natália and Garay much more due to to her bad phase.

• She can also be effective by being a good group player, like Adenízia in the last OGs. I think Brazil won gold that year, right? :whistle:

Nice. So being an opposite on court, not needing to pass or score points, just need to be a good group player. I'm sure your team will go far.

• I read all your replies fine and I don't think I need to re-read it all over again.

If Sheilla is being considered despite her lack of attack then it tells you what kind of opposite Ze wants to see in Tokyo.

As much as I want Lorenne and Rosamaria to succeed, I still feel they lack the qualities of Sheilla and that's going to hurt Brazil as I don't think they could ever achieve the heights of Egonu or Boskovic and that's exactly the type of opposite Brazil should have but don't.

#FreeBritney

• Nice. So being an opposite on court, not needing to pass or score points, just need to be a good group player. I'm sure your team will go far.

So good that the new Brazil were knocked out of the World Championship by Germany and Japan(by technicality).:whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Apologies if this wasn't clear, but my point is precisely that she wasn't good and that her spike efficiency was quite low. Brazil faced weak opponents in the first phase as you said, and Sheilla unfortunately wasn't deivering a good game back then - her attacks were stuffed or defended very often, she lacked power an and we saw that Dani trusted Natália and Garay much more due to to her bad phase.

Sorry, misunderstood you because >30% attack efficiency is quite good

• No need to reply or re-read my posts. But next time please reply precisely to what I said and not to random things you made up. I'd appreciate this a lot. All the best! :flower:

Imagine having the audacity to say this when Sheilla had the best attack percentage in the one pool game where Brazil had the most competition in Rio OG. :gone:

#FreeBritney

• Bruna had a serious operation that risk her life

Before she was a scorer machine and now showing in poland

You are a big fan of sheilla

• This looks like when in Italy there was a rumor about Piccinin still playing to be in Tokyo. Just for brasilian NT it actually happened :white:

Bruna had a serious operation that risk her life

Before she was a scorer machine and now showing in poland

You are a big fan of sheilla

For once. I know this fact and Sheilla also had her issue.

P.S. I don't think Sheilla will make the cut and being a fan of Sheilla doesn't mean you can dismiss my opinion as I have from the post already mention her problems and the call-up being insignificant until proven later on.

#FreeBritney

• I think it's time for Sheilla to let go of NT. Yes, she's proven to be Brazil's best opposite ever but let's face it, she's no longer in peak physical condition to rack up points for NT. Lorenne and Rosamaria may flop hard in Tokyo but if they'll never get the chance to play in such an important tournament, they'll never be ready for future tournaments if Sheilla is always there to take up one of very limited slots in a 12-woman team.

• I think it's time for Sheilla to let go of NT. Yes, she's proven to be Brazil's best opposite ever but let's face it, she's no longer in peak physical condition to rack up points for NT. Lorenne and Rosamaria may flop hard in Tokyo but if they'll never get the chance to play in such an important tournament, they'll never be ready for future tournaments if Sheilla is always there to take up one of very limited slots in a 12-woman team.

The pandemic had set everyone further back especially Brazil. For the other teams with too many talented players, it's not such a problem.

Last year, Lorenne after the Olympics is only 24, now she's gonna cross 26 next year. Rosamaria is 27...

These girls are in danger of becoming a placeholder(non-permanent starter for atleast two olympic quad) opposite like Tandara no matter how good they are.

So the hypothetical conclusion to this is none of the two may not become permanent so they have to grow up fast or else a new opposite will become the placeholder opposite once again for every olympic quad.;(

#FreeBritney

• LET TANDARA HAVE HER MOMENT! She is a great opp, one of the best in the world, strong, powerful but always in the shade of Sheilla. Now it’s her time to shine during the Olympics. Sheilla is definately NOT needed there, even as the second opp because it should be Rosamaria.