Russia -Superleague 2019-2020

• Just want to say, Moscow is such a good looking team except for that one middle blocker of theirs :lol: 2-0 Moscow

• I wonder why Pankov plays so basic in NT and fantastic in the season club. Maybe because of the coach? Russia needs Moscow's coach :box:

That's what I observed as well. Maybe he needs to be the main setter so he can be this confident.. In NT, he is so OH-centric he forgets his middles.

• I feel bad for Zenit, it's not like their playing terrible, they can't just seem to string up a couple of points doesn't help as well Moscow gets lucky in almost all the endings.

• This 3rd set Kliuka is now playing Opp, Voronkov-Urnaut as the OHs let's see if this will pay off

• It would be funny if Kliuka really is Sammelvuo's preferred opposite and Poletaev's injury is just an excuse as to why Kliuka didn't play as an OH in ECH. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Zenit finally won a set! Now let's hope this match goes to tiebreak :box:

• It would be funny if Kliuka really is Sammelvuo's preferred opposite and Poletaev's injury is just an excuse as to why Kliuka didn't play as an OH in ECH. :gone:

Kliuka still struggles from attacking in Position 1, so IMO Poletaev is still better when healthy (all other things bieng equal).

That would be awful since Russia has many promising Opp and Kliuka is the best OH1 by far.

• That would be awful since Russia has many promising Opp and Kliuka is the best OH1 by far.

I really don't think Russia has many young promising Opps maybe apart from Klets and Sapozkhov. Klets has had so many injuries in his young career, I don't think he will live up to that kind of player Russia is looking for.

• I really don't think Russia has many young promising Opps maybe apart from Klets and Sapozkhov. Klets has had so many injuries in his young career, I don't think he will live up to that kind of player Russia is looking for.

You can add Murashko to that shortlist, but yeah, they need more international experience in order to become greater and they are currently not having it :down: and Kliuka as Opp isn't a solution IMO. Next year they need to play as much as they can since Maxim will likely skip VNL.

• Dang that was really close! Congrats Moscow for the first cup of the season :box: Poletaev please ba back soon :heart:

• Sammelvuo still can't break his losing streak against Moscow :rolll:

• Sammelvuo still can't break his losing streak against Moscow :rolll:

assuming he has to have a meeting with the management on a regular base, I wonder how he explains this utterly nonsense situation. Maybe he is missing winner mentality and I’ve started to think that neither Russia nor Zenith will win something big with him.

• assuming he has to have a meeting with the management on a regular base, I wonder how he explains this utterly nonsense situation. Maybe he is missing winner mentality and I’ve started to think that neither Russia nor Zenith will win something big with him.

It's amazing really. Moscow has won all 4 finals with Zenit: Super Cup, Russian Cup, CEV Cup and regular Russian championship and their head-to-head tally is now 11-0 (if we include last season). Even Perugia x Lube in a series, don't end up like this where one team is winning all the time.

• Lokomotiv won against Dinamo Moscow in straight sets. Zenith won in tie break against Belogorie. Both matches and highlights are available on VolleyRu if anyone is interested.

I was just about to post this. Lokomotiv broke Dinamo's 25-game winning streak in all competitions. Sokolov looked tired, and the backup Opp I heard just came back from an injury. On the other hand among the top teams, only Kazan has not played with one of the "big 3 teams" (Moscow, Zenit, Lokomotiv). Belogorie is definitely the surprise of the season and Kovalev looks like to be back to his topnotch setting.

• I was just about to post this. Lokomotiv broke Dinamo's 25-game winning streak in all competitions. Sokolov looked tired, and the backup Opp I heard just came back from an injury. On the other hand among the top teams, only Kazan has not played with one of the "big 3 teams" (Moscow, Zenit, Lokomotiv). Belogorie is definitely the surprise of the season and Kovalev looks like to be back to his topnotch setting.

I have to say Lokomotiv vs Dinamo was not that entertaining. It looked as if Dinamo didn’t even prepare for this match. Still, there were moments where Lokomotiv tried to give away the lead they had, Dinamo couldn’t even react to those.

as for the Zenith vs Belogorie, it was nice to see Belogorie playing good. Pavel is definitely worth to watch. I like his game, there must be something in those Tethyukin genes, in a good way. Kovalev is good, his aggressiveness can be disturbing sometimes but it was good in this match. I don’t know what Petric is doing in this team.