Brazil Women's Superliga 2020/2021

• When Barueri is on fire, they can go toe-to-toe with everyone.. So nice to see, even if the team on paper isn't that great in comparison with last year's... It almost make me feel bad after all the hate I give to Ze, I'm sorry :flower:

• SP has such raw talent. lorena had lots of blocks last night. lorrayna is having a breakout season (but she needs to work on her serving technique). karina, kenya, maira, kisy, nyeme etc. can be so good. but they made so many mistakes (hitting, serving, setting) that killed any momentum they had.

i thought macris should have gotten the award, but thaisa also deserved it ...

• I think Macris actually killed the team in the 3rd set. Thaisa was more consistent as usual.

• I think Macris actually killed the team in the 3rd set. Thaisa was more consistent as usual.

Agreed. She wasn't great in the 2nd set either. She completely forgot she had outsides in position 4.

I think Macris is the best setter in Brazil right now, but in general I feel that her performances are often hyped by people because of her brilliant one-hand sets and unpredictable second balls.

• Agreed. She wasn't great in the 2nd set either. She completely forgot she had outsides in position 4.

I think Macris is the best setter in Brazil right now, but in general I feel that her performances are often hyped by people because of her brilliant one-hand sets and unpredictable second balls.

Totally agree. That's why Zé Roberto sometimes complains about her.

I feel the same when I'm watching Maja...sometimes you just need to do the basic.

• I watched set 1 and 3 of Minas. I have to say they're a very enjoyable team to watch. Pri Daroit is very helpful, but we can say hands down this team has 5 star players: Hodge doesn't look in her best shape and her passing is a little bit too shaky yet, but some of her kills are just delicious; Cuttino looks like flying against the short brazilian players and she's very confident right now, which is something she used to miss in the past; Thaisa is very close to her best days; Macris is living her lifetime momentum and she's just magic; but guys, Carol Gattaz is my favourite one from the local players, she could easily play for a european top team... I'm speechless about her, she looks 15 years younger and very hungry for victories. :obey:

• I love Gattaz and I think that in the last couple of years she has been in her prime. I didn't use to like her 10-15 years ago, However, I think her blocking skills have been very far away from considering a top-player performance.

• I agree Gattaz has been playing great in the last few years, but I think Macris is a big factor for her good performances. It’s just incredible the way she knows how to use her middles. Just take a look on Mara and Mayany when they played with her and their performance now. Both of them had a big decrease in attack, in my opinion. Even though Mayany is still a great blocker.
    I think Macris has a lot to improve if she wants to be in the same level of Wolosz and Maja, but, for me, when it comes to put your middle blockers to play, she is the best.

• The connection bewteen Dani Lins and the middles at the 2012 OGs was simply amazing. Dani should have been awarded the MVP IMO for everything she did. Unfortunately, in 2014 and in 2016 this was a disaster.

Fofão and Fernanda are still unbeatable.

• Agreed. She wasn't great in the 2nd set either. She completely forgot she had outsides in position 4.

That's a very good point indeed! Some setters have spectacular moves, that's why they get appreciation more than necessary whereas some others are pretty good without spectacular moves

Same thing can be said for De Gennaro, some people go crazy about her because of her surprise sets to MBs. I'm not saying that she is a great libero but she is not any better than a not-spectacular libero like Simge Aköz

• That's a very good point indeed! Some setters have spectacular moves, that's why they get appreciation more than necessary whereas some others are pretty good without spectacular moves

Exactly! And, of course, if players can combine spectacular moves with great precision and objectivity, that's great. I think Macris [and others like Maja and Wolosz] can do that most of the time. My point is just that sometimes people forget they played bad just because of some great moves here and there.