Italy - Serie A1 2020/21

• Regardless of the result of the round robin matches. Busto should get the 4th spot.

Unfortunately they won't

Savino have it in their hands

Good game till now

I'm quite worried for gray...she's not consistent at all

• Not even if they get to play say the finals against Conegliano?

Only if they go to the final of the league

But I doubt

Cause it seems the team gonna be 5th

If they pass the qf they gonna face imoco in sf

So ...........

But they can qualify to cev cup

• Incredible

Busto wins

They win all the games in this 2 round of regular season losing only to imoco

This year they lose only 1 game

Unbelivable

• Busto plays really nice volleyball, a team without the necessary stars, but certainly made up of great players, I predict a particularly great future for some (Poulter), they show the traditional Busto vibes, big like, I support them (especially against Eczacibasi) they will fight to the end, great is a matter of how teams like Scandicci and Busto have raised their form level as the season draws to a close, it will be a great 1/4 final (if i'm not wrong, that that suposed to be pair).

• I don’t think that Vakif is gone have easy path in semi finals against Busto. :whistle:
    Edit: If they go to semi.

Vakif didn’t have real challenge in Turkish L. or in CL right now in months. Even Guidetti said the same thing.

Lets see how will they adapt against Busto.

• I like busto but I hope they lose next game

Chieri deserve to play an European Cup

• I really don't get why Smarzek is still in the starting 7 all matches, although she underperforms badly week after week :whistle:

I though about it and I just think that Daalderop isn't strong spiker from second and first zone, Smarzek is a definition of being mediocre this season, but if you want to see improvement, you have to have someone that can overperform what Smarzek has been doing all year long, instead, you're wasting rotation possibility on a left wing (Daalderop) without getting better on the other, so at least you can hope that Smarzek gets better somehow. Zanette isn't any good I'm afraid. I trust Lavarini, because, well, he's not blind.

Busto can create really competitive team next season if Poulter and Gray remain, even better than this year, both are going to play in big club very soon and I wonder when this will happen.

• I though about it and I just think that Daalderop isn't strong spiker from second and first zone, Smarzek is a definition of being mediocre this season, but if you want to see improvement, you have to have someone that can overperform what Smarzek has been doing all year long, instead, you're wasting rotation possibility on a left wing (Daalderop) without getting better on the other, so at least you can hope that Smarzek gets better somehow. Zanette isn't any good I'm afraid. I trust Lavarini, because, well, he's not blind.

And what about Herbots as opp or maybe even Bosetti as receiving opp?

• I like busto but I hope they lose next game

Chieri deserve to play an European Cup

This is absurd. Chieri could've been comfortably at 4th place if they hadn't lost to Firenze, Perugia and lost a point to Trentino in the second half. If they miss the opportunity to play in CEV Cups and are placed at 6th, this is exactly what they deserve.

• And what about Herbots as opp or maybe even Bosetti as receiving opp?

Well, I guess this the same dillemma: you have your best offensive player (Herbots) and you want to use her to exploit her potential in 100%, and to do that you need to give her as much space as it's possible as a left wing spiker. You can use her as a primary opposite, but will she be as efficient as she's right now? If not, you won't get better on offense without Smarzek.

I'm not saying that Novara has no theoretical options to substitute Smarzek (the one with Bosetti as fake OPP may be the best one), but they don't have second good opp, so it would be risky and complicated. So it's completely understandable for me that Lavarini hasn't made any drastic change so far, because Novara is still top3 team in Europe this year. After all, they're no Conegliano or Vakifbank to have some crazy depth to mix things more if one of their supposedly cornerstone players disappoint that much.

The question is if lack of opposite determines their results sooner than in matches against Conegliano in CL SF and Italian League Final, because without strong opposite they won't be realistically competitive, but IMHO they may get upset if Monza or Fenerbahce find its top shape for potential semifinals/QF rematch.

• This is absurd. Chieri could've been comfortably at 4th place if they hadn't lost to Firenze, Perugia and lost a point to Trentino in the second half. If they miss the opportunity to play in CEV Cups and are placed at 6th, this is exactly what they deserve.

Yeah they just missed so much opportunities but they did an amazing job this season

At least I hope they go to challenger cup

• 26th round

CHIERI - CONEGLIANO 1-3

Villani 17, Grobelna 14, Mazzaro 11 / Gicquel 23, Omoruyi 16, Adams 11

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744287

NOVARA - BUSTO ARIZIO 1-3

C.Bosetti 16, Washington 15, Herbots 14 / Gray 26, Mingardi 19, Gennari 13

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744288

CUNEO - CASALMAGGIORE 3-2

Bici 25, Candi 17, Giovannini 17 / Rosamaria 26, Kosareva 13, Melandri 12

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744289

MONZA - BRESCIA 3-1

Danesi 12, Begic 11, Van Hecke 10 / Jasper 18, Nicoletti 14, Angelina 9

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744290

FIRENZE - PERUGIA 1-3

Alberti 15, Enweonwu 12, Van Gestel 10 / Ortolani 27, Havelkova 16, Koolhaas 10

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744291

SCANDICCI - TRENTO 3-0

Stysiak 14, Popovic 11, Pietrini 9 / Trevisan 10, Piani 6, Pizzolato 6

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744292

Rest: BERGAMO

Standing

1. CONEGLIANO 72

2. NOVARA 55

3. MONZA 51 ( 1 game missing )

4. SCANDICCI 45 ( 1 game missing )

5. CHIERI 44

6. BUSTO ARSIZIO 42 ( 1 game missing)

7. CUNEO 25

8. FIRENZE 22 ( 1 game missing )

9. TRENTO 22 ( 2 games missing )

10. CASALMAGGIORE 22 ( 1 game missing )

11. BERGAMO 20 ( 1 game missing )

12. PERUGIA 19 ( 1 game missing )

13. BRESCIA 14 ( 1 game missing )

• If Novara have hired Rosamaria they would be a better team for sure. She is not a star but with the game focus on OH she could have shined as Novara's Opp.

• And what about Herbots as opp or maybe even Bosetti as receiving opp?

If you watch novara games you will see herbots,bosetti or daalderoop don't perform weel in 2 as they perform at 4

They lose a lot of impulse and can't attack properly,I guess is that why lavarini don't donthat

Just look today matches passage of caterina and britt in position 2

• Who will be Novara's Opp next season?

• Who will be Novara's Opp next season?

As you said Rosomaria would be way better than Smarzek.

For next season they signed Ebrar. I think it is almost official but still waiting for news.

• If Novara have hired Rosamaria they would be a better team for sure. She is not a star but with the game focus on OH she could have shined as Novara's Opp.

Rosamaria might have been better, but she's not what Novara really needs: their goal should be competing with Vakfibank and Conegliano (as long as they have Bosetti-Herbots duo), and to do so they need strong OPP efficient in out of system plays. Rosamaria is really good, but she isn't that good on high balls. That's why Karakurt - if she develops further in Italy - may be a gamechanger for Novara next season, especially considering that I don't think they'll be able to keep both Bosetti and Herbots past 2022.