Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2020/21

• So many players are moving from Germany to France right now :what: The latest ones are Lemmens and Patockova. I wonder why that happens, are French clubs less cautious in terms of making contract offers in the current situation? It's not like France was struck less than Germany by the whole thing, so I don't see why French clubs would have more money (not for sure at least)...

• So many players are moving from Germany to France right now :what: The latest ones are Lemmens and Patockova. I wonder why that happens, are French clubs less cautious in terms of making contract offers in the current situation? It's not like France was struck less than Germany by the whole thing, so I don't see why French clubs would have more money (not for sure at least)...

Probably is that they put some more money before Olympic Games there.

I also was wondering about this...

For me the German league overall is stronger than the French one, but they signed some players who could have been a good contribution for many German clubs. In the past many Dutch players declined offers from French teams, because they could develop more as a player in the German league.Now mid level teams in Germany like Vilsbiburg haven't made any transfers yet, so I'm afraid the level of the German league will decrease next season..

• After Americans, Germans are the ones who get retired at earliest age 😱is it because the salaries are not that high or most of them have other profession thanks to their education?

• she was literally the MB with the best blocking techniques that we have on field, for the NT to be more specific.

and of course the most experienced one

another HUGE LOSS for NT again:aww:

mhmm dont see this like that ... since Scholzel is back she absolutly no chance to step ahead to Weitzel or Scholzel.... also with Strubbe another much more physical player is coming ...

• mhmm dont see this like that ... since Scholzel is back she absolutly no chance to step ahead to Weitzel or Scholzel.... also with Strubbe another much more physical player is coming ...

But she's really a nice sub...

Sure Weitzel is more inclined to convert into the next big one but it's the experience and blocking techniques in which there is a lot of room for her to improve

I'd like to take the match against Poland in the EURO Championship as a vivid example

She did contribute a lot especially in blocking after coming into field but yeah anyway i'll have to concede you the point that the promising youngsters might be presented with more opportunities to develop themselves in the wake of this

• After Americans, Germans are the ones who get retired at earliest age 😱is it because the salaries are not that high or most of them have other profession thanks to their education?

I think for both reasons, and right now they discover the hard way that a career as athlete can be much more fragile than in a "normal" job.

Speaking of this, Jennifer Pettke (and apparently also Halli Amaro) also announced retirement.

• It's the opposite of Brazilians. Almost none of them go to college and many don't even finish high school. They start playing professional volleyball sometimes at 14, 15, 16. I think this is bad, because after their retirement they don't have a "normal job". Most of them become entrepreneur by investing their money.