Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2020/21

• 1/8 finals of Cup are played this weekend. Schwerin, Stuttgart, Dresden and Potsdam are seeded for quarterfinals, the rest of the teams have to play 1/8 finals except Erfurt who got a free draw.

Today

19:00 Suhl - Wiesbaden

19:30 Straubing - Aachen

Tomorrow

14:30 Münster - Vilsbiburg

Also tomorrow, 17:00, the league match Potsdam - Stuttgart will be played, should be a good one. All matches on sporttotal.tv

• Yes, it is the second top clash of the season after Potsdam vs. Schwerin.

• Straubing - Aachen 1:3 (27:25 18:25 16:25 14:25)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/8101.pdf

MVP: Marie Hänle / Mareike Hindriksen

Suhl - Wiesbaden 3:1 (23:25 25:16 25:21 25:17)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/8102.pdf

MVP: Claudia Steger / Renate Bjerland

I don't understand the line-ups, almost all teams left some starters on bench in the beginning or gave bench players a lot more playing time than one would expect :what:

• The betting quotes Stuttgart vs. Potsdam are definitely too one-sided (about 1.2 to 4). I guess chances to win are more 2:1 for Stuttgart, so Potsdam is a real threat.

• Münster won 2nd set from 8:16 down :super: 16 year old Mia Kirchhoff with a very good entrance!

Vilsbiburg today completely without Nikki Taylor ?( The double sub with Möllers-Conaway cost them a lot of points in both sets so far...

• Luisa Keller determined not to let Münster win easily!:box: Going to a tie-break!

• Potsdam was terrible in all aspects, but the match showed that Schwerin is the only team in Germany that might challenge Stuttgart this season. Neither Potsdam nor Dresden will have any chance in a match where both teams are in equally good (or bad) shape.

• League match

Stuttgart - Potsdam 3:0 (18, 21, 17)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2079.pdf

MVP: Pia Kästner / Aleksandra Jegdic

Abercrombie was absent due to "minor knee problems". I don't like Ana Tiemi, she is so slow and predictable. Flory got a chance only when it was too late anyway but in the half set she played I liked her much better...

Cup match

Münster - Vilsbiburg 2:3 (25:21 28:26 18:25 19:25 9:15)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/8103.pdf

MVP: Linda Bock / Luisa Keller

Quarterfinals on 18 November

In Schwerin:

Aachen - Schwerin

Suhl - Dresden

In Stuttgart:

Vilsbiburg - Potsdam

Stuttgart - Erfurt

• 5 years ago when Ana Tiemi was playing in Bursa, she was very useful. I don't remember any serious injuries she had recently. Maybe just a bad shape?

• 5 years ago when Ana Tiemi was playing in Bursa, she was very useful. I don't remember any serious injuries she had recently. Maybe just a bad shape?

I don't remember her at bursa

It was at the time when joycinha was there or it was nikolova?

I always kinda like that bursa team but they were always stuck at 5th place

I don't remember any injouries about her,I think that she never get an outstanding level,she was just medium and something irregular

After then she went to france and romenia and now she's in hungary

• Vilsbiburg fired Nikki Taylor :white::white::white:

Officially due to weak performances and no recognisable improvement in the last weeks, but there must be more behind it. Vilsbiburg is a solid club that as far as I remember never had any trouble with players, so they wouldn't fire a player simply because she plays bad for a few weeks. They say they're checking the market now and hope to find a replacement ASAP.

Well she is 33 already, usually for setters it's not that big a problem, but in combination with her height it makes her look pretty slow for a setter. And besides, I also think she simply has never been great to start with...

Officially due to weak performances and no recognisable improvement in the last weeks, but there must be more behind it. Vilsbiburg is a solid club that as far as I remember never had any trouble with players, so they wouldn't fire a player simply because she plays bad for a few weeks. They say they're checking the market now and hope to find a replacement ASAP.

I watched her during her time playing for Hawaii in the NCAA and there was something about her that I didn't like. The fans loved her since she was their main offensive weapon, but she seemed spoiled and acted as if she was above the other players. During timeouts the coaches would focus and criticize the other players if they made a mistake, but when it came to Nikki they kind of just let her be.

Please, share more details when you find out something new about this history.

• Please, share more details when you find out something new about this history.

German clubs usually are very quiet about this kind of stuff so the only chance to hear more is from somebody who has inside information (which I don't). Also Nikki Taylor hasn't posted anything except cat videos, so there's no version from her side yet.

Looking at the facts (she already played there last season and performed very well), I see two options:

1) She was lazy during lockdown/summer and arrived in an inacceptable physical shape and isn't willing to do extra work to improve

2) There are problems between her and the new staff

Could also be a combination of both and/or some other factors...

Meanwhile, Aachen - Schwerin that got postponed recently due to Schwerin's quarantine will be played today 19:30, live on sporttotal.tv