Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2020/21

• I suspect that Jasper still hasn't fully recovered, otherwise I'm sure she would have gotten some playing time in the last weeks like Grozer did. Jazmine White from Vilsbiburg had the same injury as Jasper and she was out for more than 4 months and is slowly returning now, and Jasper is a player who is heavily dependend on her jumping skills. Maybe we get to see more of her in the playoffs but I am sure that next season when she's back at full force she'll get her fair share of playing time.

As for Timmerman, I think she'd also be an upgrade over what Todorova showed this season, IMO she was one of the biggest disappointments of the league and I wonder how much that will become a factor during playoffs...

I agree with you on Todorova. She is a shadow of herself! She is one of the biggest disappointment of the season, both of her blocking and attacking performance is subpar:down:

• But wasn't Rosenthal even in B/C-NT for some minor tournaments before she arrived in Stuttgart? That's what made me think she must have some talent at least, but she still keeps it hidden :/

I'm following AU a bit but the time of the matches doesn't match with my awake times, but I'm sure many of the players will get a lot of offers from Europe. I wish to see Molly McCage playing professionally again! :flower:

You know... you're right, totally forgot about that... Yea idk.. she's not C team material lol.

Please get Stuttgart to get McCage back lol she's so good. (Cori Crocker is another one I'd like to see go to Germany)

• You know... you're right, totally forgot about that... Yea idk.. she's not C team material lol.

Please get Stuttgart to get McCage back lol she's so good. (Cori Crocker is another one I'd like to see go to Germany)

Or your Avatar :-)

• Straubing's MB Noemi Oiwoh suffered a serious knee injury in training two weeks ago (torn ACL and meniscus) and will have surgery next week. The club was going to renew her contract but now it might be questionable.

In Münster, Linda Bock also suffered a meniscus injury that requires surgery.

• I respect the choice of Janiska (Geerties) to stay in Germany, but IMO it's a waste of talent... With her defensive skills as outside hitter, she could be useful to so many top teams!

• I respect the choice of Janiska (Geerties) to stay in Germany, but IMO it's a waste of talent... With her defensive skills as outside hitter, she could be useful to so many top teams!

It was mostly because of the pandemic and I really hope she'll play abroad again in the future.

Looks like Schwerin gave up, starting 3rd set with Stoltenborg was a very weird move :aww:

• Looks like Schwerin gave up, starting 3rd set with Stoltenborg was a very weird move :aww:

Agreed. Also if they keep Szakmary and Alsmeier as outside hitters next season, they need to sign another outside with decent reception! This reception line-up is just too vulnerable:gone:

• Schwerin - Dresden 0:3 (22, 21, 12)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2126.pdf

MVP: Lauren Barfield / Maja Storck

In the first two sets Dresden won thanks to better serving mostly, in 3rd set Schwerin completely disappeared :white: One thing I didn't like about Dresden, Gray's sets to the MBs are tragic :aww: Gates and Weitzel still were able to score, but there was hardly any ball that they could actually attack comfortably, and both are very good attackers when used properly!

• One thing I didn't like about Dresden, Gray's sets to the MBs are tragic :aww: Gates and Weitzel still were able to score, but there was hardly any ball that they could actually attack comfortably, and both are very good attackers when used properly!

I totally agree.

It's a bit weird, because the connection between Gray and Weitzel was amazing in the beginning of the season. But somehow it got lost.

• This means, that Dresden will likely win the league round, because they can do it by winning even 3:1 against Vilsbiburg on Saturday now, even if Stuttgart follows them and destroys the shaky receiving Schwerin too in three sets (better set ratio).

And Schwerin will have a very hard time to regain third place from Potsdam now, they have to win in Stuttgart for it, which I consider being unlikely.

• Last round of regular season tomorrow:

18:00 Stuttgart - Schwerin (Sport1)

19:00 Dresden - Vilsbiburg

19:00 Suhl - Wiesbaden

19:00 Münster - Erfurt

19:00 Straubing - Aachen

Current ranking:

1 Dresden 19 16 48:12 48

2 Stuttgart 19 16 50:15 48

3 Potsdam 20 13 46:28 40

4 Schwerin 19 13 44:29 38

5 Vilsbiburg 19 10 40:32 33

6 Suhl 19 12 40:31 32

7 Straubing 19 7 23:41 21

8 Aachen 19 7 30:45 19

9 Münster 19 5 23:48 16

10 Wiesbaden 19 4 24:49 14

11 Erfurt 19 2 17:55 6

Dresden and Stuttgart fight for 1st rank, Potsdam and Schwerin fight for 3rd rank, Vilsbiburg and Suhl fight for 5th rank, Straubing and Aachen fight for 7th rank in direct battle where two sets would be enough for Straubing. So overall many question marks are still left and we can hope for interesting matches :box:

• I hope JWO gets a better team next season. But first I hope she still plays professional volleyball.

There recently was an article about her "probably leaving Wiesbaden", but it was behind a paywall unfortunately. I'm sure many teams in Germany would sign her if she wants to (and isn't too expensive).

• Schwerin is playing much better today and leading 2:0 against Stuttgart, which confirms once again that this season anything is possible among the top 4 teams and championship is completely unpredictable :white::super:

It's Stuttgart team A and half vs Schwerin team B. Is it really a point to say that league getting more interesting? :lol: C'mon, this match is like a lottery :rolleyes: