Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• I am a bit suprised with D.Bošković performances so far, she is quite good, specially today she play very good match.

Kuzeybory looks like very consistent mid level team, they played on very similar level since the begining of the season, great adition for MSL.

I agree with you but I expect them to challenge top teams more. Can Victoria Gorrell play as MB? I think I have read such detail but I might be wrong.

• I am a bit suprised with D.Bošković performances so far, she is quite good, specially today she play very good match.

Kuzeybory looks like very consistent mid level team, they played on very similar level since the begining of the season, great adition for MSL.

IMO this year, the level of competition between mid-level teams in the Sultan's League is the highest in recent years.I can say that I don't remember any more competitive season in the last 10 years.

• IMO this year, the level of competition between mid-level teams in the Sultan's League is the highest in recent years.I can say that I don't remember any more competitive season in the last 10 years.

Most definitely! It's great to see after the horrible level last year. Also if BJK and Bevi weren't here I'd genuinely feel bad for all the teams leaving lol I still do if it is Ilbank

• Most definitely! It's great to see after the horrible level last year. Also if BJK and Bevi weren't here I'd genuinely feel bad for all the teams leaving lol I still do if it is Ilbank

I hope Besiktas, Beylikduzu, PTT and Can Genclik will be the relegated teams. I wouldn’t want Can Genclik to relegate but I have to make a choice. I really want PTT to go down because with that poor management, they deserve it. Mehmet Bedestenlioglu worked for Turkish NT and helped many players to improve back in the days but he cannot keep up with modern volleyball anymore. Hiring two players coming from maternity break and a MB to play OH in a league even best receivers have hard time receiving cannot be explained. Su Zent, Mislina, Ceyda Aktas. All are relegated or second league quality players. They definitely deserve it.

• I hope Besiktas, Beylikduzu, PTT and Can Genclik will be the relegated teams. I wouldn’t want Can Genclik to relegate but I have to make a choice. I really want PTT to go down because with that poor management, they deserve it. Mehmet Bedestenlioglu worked for Turkish NT and helped many players to improve back in the days but he cannot keep up with modern volleyball anymore. Hiring two players coming from maternity break and a MB to play OH in a league even best receivers have hard time receiving cannot be explained. Su Zent, Mislina, Ceyda Aktas. All are relegated or second league quality players. They definitely deserve it.

im entirely on board with these four

• she is still a young player. she is just 21. Meryem started to play for Turkish NT at 27.Her attacking ratio is low, but it is getting better every year.

2018 = %29

2019 = %31

2020 =%35

She can be useful for big teams (except top3) , with a good coach like Dehrican.

Come on, %35 is pretty bad for an Opp. And I am sure it will go even lover when season progress just like last year. And it is not only the numbers, you can see that her arm swing is not strong, she is not jumping high. She is just lucky to be in a club that can not afford a good foreign Opp. Probably she will end up being Ebrar's back-up during next Olympic cycle but not because she is good. Simply due to the fact that we desperately lack a good Opp nowadays. It is funny in a way considering that Opp was our best position for many years:aww:

I bet on Ipar Kurt more indeed. But I think she will take a career path as an OH not Opp.

• I don't remember who said to me that when eda retires,turkey will be still trong as now

In fact we had or have mb that score a lot like thaisa,gioli,scott arruda or yuan sometimes

But that it is regularly your scoring weapon it means something isn't good enough and we see that with turkey oh and opp

• I don't remember who said to me that when eda retires,turkey will be still trong as now

In fact we had or have mb that score a lot like thaisa,gioli,scott arruda or yuan sometimes

But that it is regularly your scoring weapon it means something isn't good enough and we see that with turkey oh and opp

I don't know why everyone underestimates Turkish NT.Turkish NT is by far the best in the europe at reception line.Hande,Meliha and Simge are quite good at defense. Hande-naz-meliha-kübra-zehra all of them are good blocker.Yes ,we don't have players like zhu ,boskovic or egonu but If you have good reception , you can manage on offense with a setter like Naz.IMO Volleyball isn't all about attacking.There are another variables ,such as reception,defense,block which turkey is quite good.In addition,"" The fact that Guidetti will be the coach of any team for another 4 years is a reason in itself to take them seriously.""

• I don't know why everyone underestimates Turkish NT.Turkish NT is by far the best in the europe at reception line.Hande,Meliha and Simge are quite good at defense. Hande-naz-meliha-kübra-zehra all of them are good blocker.Yes ,we don't have players like zhu ,boskovic or egonu but If you have good reception , you can manage on offense with a setter like Naz.IMO Volleyball isn't all about attacking.There are another variables ,such as reception,defense,block which turkey is quite good.In addition,"" The fact that Guidetti will be the coach of any team for another 4 years is a reason in itself to take them seriously.""

No team wins based on defense or reception as many weapon

Watch japan in the past 35 years

• No team wins based on defense or reception as many weapon

Watch japan in the past 35 years

Is this really a logical comparison?

The average height of the Japanese NT is about 175 cm.

The average height of Turkish NT is more than 190 cm.

• Is this really a logical comparison?

The average height of the Japanese NT is about 175 cm.

The average height of Turkish NT is more than 190 cm.

Yes japan also improve their height average but Japan make podium in big tournaments thanks that they produce scoring machings like kurihara,saori and ebata

Today they don!t have anyone like these

What I want to say is that you can be good at pass and defense like you said but it your hitters aren't good enough,that's it

Turkey could continue to be at top in volley,fight for european and in vnl,also they have an amazing young program and an excellent coach,one of the best

But at the moment beside Turkish we ALL see that turkey is stuck in that position

• I don't know why everyone underestimates Turkish NT.Turkish NT is by far the best in the europe at reception line.Hande,Meliha and Simge are quite good at defense. Hande-naz-meliha-kübra-zehra all of them are good blocker.Yes ,we don't have players like zhu ,boskovic or egonu but If you have good reception , you can manage on offense with a setter like Naz.IMO Volleyball isn't all about attacking.There are another variables ,such as reception,defense,block which turkey is quite good.In addition,"" The fact that Guidetti will be the coach of any team for another 4 years is a reason in itself to take them seriously.""

While it is no secret that I am a big fan and admirer of Turkish volleyball and have enjoyed both the league and the games of Turkish national team for more than a decade, I think the opinions of irrational individuals should not be a reason for comments such as that everyone underrated the Turkish team, which I am sure is not true, Turkey, with its contribution primarily to women's volleyball, at least has earned the great respect of all fans of this sport.

Also have to comment on the comment that Turkey has by far the best reception line, true after Hande brought that aspect of his game to an IMO astonishing level, I still think it’s a bit exaggerated to say that they by far the best in Europe.

Also i'm positive about Turkish NT future, i am very confident that they at least will keep the current level of results they achieve, but there will always be fanatics of other teams who try with false and fabricated facts to disparage competing teams, Serbia enjoyed the same treatment for a long time until it became World Champion and then there was no more room for manipulation.

• While it is no secret that I am a big fan and admirer of Turkish volleyball and have enjoyed both the league and the games of Turkish national team for more than a decade, I think the opinions of irrational individuals should not be a reason for comments such as that everyone underrated the Turkish team, which I am sure is not true, Turkey, with its contribution primarily to women's volleyball, at least has earned the great respect of all fans of this sport.

Also have to comment on the comment that Turkey has by far the best reception line, true after Hande brought that aspect of his game to an IMO astonishing level, I still think it’s a bit exaggerated to say that they by far the best in Europe.

Also i'm positive about Turkish NT future, i am very confident that they at least will keep the current level of results they achieve, but there will always be fanatics of other teams who try with false and fabricated facts to disparage competing teams, Serbia enjoyed the same treatment for a long time until it became World Champion and then there was no more room for manipulation.

ı want to share some stats about reception.

eurovolley 2019 reception stats

exc effic

turkey: 43 36

italy 30 24

poland 23 14

germany 24 16

russia 23 16

serbia 37 32

I think we can assume that the gap became even wider with the development of Hande.At least , we can say that it's the best.

• I think some people here underestimate how large the Turkish pool is tbh :lol: (I noticed it's indeed not really like this on a more broad scale)

In the Turkish league there is at least 3 and some cases more locals at all times which may make it seem like the ones that play are lower level bcs it is... true, if it was only 2 locals they might look better because the best 2 will only play! Currently about 50+ local players are starters, obviously not all of them can be top quality players. And many youth players in 2nd league.

When it comes to NT:

I also think they don't really think the NT lacks in offense? Sure there isn't an Egonu or Boskovic or Zhu but lacking in offense is still a stretch imo. Eda, Zehra and Kubra are really one of the best MB trios you can find tbh, not making use of that would be a pity regardless. Meliha and Hande are a perfect duo imo, neither lack in defense or offense much anymore so it's well balanced. If Alexia gets naturalized I think Ebrar and Alexia complement each other well in weaknesses too for next gen!

Also there is a bunch of youth players coming up still, the fight for setter position will be really wild next cycle for example! There is Cansu Özbay, Buse Ünal, Elif Sahin, Lila Sengun might play as starter and show something soon too. Not convinced Naz will retire either yet. Then there is also VB youngsers like Nazli Eda Kafkas and more players.

Turkey's biggest problem has been capitalizing on the young stars though, they would be benched for the longest time but even from that there seems to have been taken lessons from, Hande is starter now literally. Players are being sent out on loan etc.

• Yes,it is true in EuroVolley 2019 statistcly they were the best, but just have on mind that for example Italy played with Sorokaite-Sylla-Moki but even if we didn’t go so far with the assumptions the fact that Serbia with the 2 reception system was statistically very close to Turkey, quite limits us in the use of the phrase by far. And not to be confused, ofc that i agree in general as i said in my previous post, but I just think that if some distort the facts, we don't all have to work.

*btw the average height of Turkish NT is 186 (EuroVolley 2019), but i completely understand that inappropriate comparison with Japan did its thing :lol:

• Yes,it is true in EuroVolley 2019 statistcly they were the best, but just have on mind that for example Italy played with Sorokaite-Sylla-Moki but even if we didn’t go so far with the assumptions the fact that Serbia with the 2 reception system was statistically very close to Turkey, quite limits us in the use of the phrase by far. And not to be confused, ofc that i agree in general as i said in my previous post, but I just think that if some distort the facts, we don't all have to work.

*btw the average height of Turkish NT is 186 (EuroVolley 2019), but i completely understand that inappropriate comparison with Japan did its thing :lol:

How did you calculate it? I think he meant starting 6. Naz is 186 and she is the shortest of the starters so it can't be true