Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• The thing that Castillo, De Genaro, (Fabi and a Russian whose name I can't recall) have that Akoz is a little behind in is aura. With those other four I really get the impression they are in charge of the floor. With Akoz, not as much. That doesn't mean she doesn't play just as well, it's just an impression.

castillo owns the floor too much. she is sometimes too aggressive and frenetic. she often takes the ball from her setter (marte in the NT, maybe not so much in the clubs, depending on the setter) and then overshoots the set ...

• That's not true at all. I started in 2000 as an opposite because according to my former coaches I would never been a receiver and I was awful at passing, but in the last years I had to play as defensive outside hitter because my teanager teammates can't pass a single ball and all they can do is jumping and spiking the ball as hard as they can (not to mention they're a nightmare out of system and I have to deal with all the trash sets). My first season I had a pleasant 0% perfect passing and another pleasant 9% good passing with the Molten ball :gone:. In the last years I found some very good coaches who taught me how to pass properly the ball and now I'm constantly over 40% perfect passing each game with the Mikasa ball.

Coaches don't teach the technique anymore, that's the real problem. And it's not just the passing. It's the same with blocking, serving and so on. All they do is looking for beast players which can smash the ball. Italy right now has the best school of coaches, this is the reason why they can produce more all around players than other nations or the foreigners who come to Superlega or Serie A1 make so many improvements. Think about Gozde Kirdar and her development under Guidetti, no one would expect her to improve that much.

I miss the point of the rebuttal?:what: I am claiming that it is harder to receive modern serves with Mikasa. You give a very personal example which is, as you can imagine, hard to generalize to common concept of modern volleyball. So what's not true? From 0% perfect passing to 40% passing just indicates that you have a steep learning curve. A player practice and he gets better at time, what is the news? We have already seen many Opps made a transition from Opp to OH such as Mari, Hande Baladin etc.

By the way, I thought there is finally a consensus on the fact that it is easier to receive with Molten balls compared to Mikasa. You can easily see that any players coming from Italian league to Turkish league, the difference at their reception stats is huge (just have a look to Vasilantonaki for example)

The fact that Italy get all-around technical players in the past is due to their lack of height. Of course, when the spiker is short, they have to compensate it with a better technique, if not, she won't end up at professional level. But this is not something to generalize. Look at Egonu, thanks to her height and atletic skills, she doesn't need to be technical. She was raised by great Italian trainers but her fundamentals are far from perfect. It is just one of the examples

• also i see teams trying out 2-libero system, one for when the team serves, and one for receiving serve. it’s not always have successful... great liberos can do both.

also i see teams trying 2- receivers system when one OH can’t receive. that’s usually a disaster. in contrast, when lang ping coached US women in beijing, when reception sucked, she’d switch to a 4-woman receiving!!!!

• Finally clash of titans. Praying for high level volleyball between Vakif and Fener ^^

• That's not true at all. I started in 2000 as an opposite because according to my former coaches I would never been a receiver and I was awful at passing, but in the last years I had to play as defensive outside hitter because my teanager teammates can't pass a single ball and all they can do is jumping and spiking the ball as hard as they can (not to mention they're a nightmare out of system and I have to deal with all the trash sets). My first season I had a pleasant 0% perfect passing and another pleasant 9% good passing with the Molten ball :gone:. In the last years I found some very good coaches who taught me how to pass properly the ball and now I'm constantly over 40% perfect passing each game with the Mikasa ball.

Coaches don't teach the technique anymore, that's the real problem. And it's not just the passing. It's the same with blocking, serving and so on. All they do is looking for beast players which can smash the ball. Italy right now has the best school of coaches, this is the reason why they can produce more all around players than other nations or the foreigners who come to Superlega or Serie A1 make so many improvements. Think about Gozde Kirdar and her development under Guidetti, no one would expect her to improve that much.

What all around players Italy has been producing?

• L.Bosetti., C.Bosetti, Gennari, Loda, Sorokaite, Sylla and soon Pietrini... and many other young talents.

• Kinda being late reviewing the game of Ecz vs Vakif.

Thompson has no reception at all. I am not sure OH position for her is temporary or permanent in Ecz. Obviously Boskovic is the core player of this team. Baladin's reception is bad as always. Sahin is not bad. Where is Alikaya? She is not in the roster.

Bartsch + Gabi are not a good combo. Meliha has to cover the back row sometimes. Haak made many unforced errors when spiking tough balls. Cansu is horrible. Her passing to pos 2 and pos 4 are either too wide or too low. It's been Cansu's 5th season in Vakif. But she still is not a solid setter for a top team. Luckily for Vakif that they have Maja to save Cansu's ass when needed.

I have not watched Imoco's games yet. But I don't think either Vakif or Ecz can compete with Imoco this season, based on the current roster.

• Wow you literally read everybody to filth :rolll:

• Wow they removed the TRT SPOR 2 geoblock!!!

From struggling to watch 2 matches a week to every match being streamed online for free. I still need an improvement of quality, but good job TVF.